Can these property losses be carried back?
I’d appreciate any input on this please.
Husband and wife own a rental property. The property was a furnished holiday rental for many years, then a furnished long term let for 5 years. The long term tenant left the property damaged (December 2011 when the tenant left). Husband and wife decided to turn it back into a furnished holiday let following repair to damage. Repairs have been carried out between January 2012 and November 2012, and were due to be completed along with the first booking in December 2012.
November 2012 a landslide rendered the land around the property unsafe and halted the repairs. The current news is that it won’t be safe to even get close to the property until spring 2013 (possibly April 2013). Even then the property could be demolished because of the unsafe land. Meaning the December 2012 booking can no longer go head, neither can any further bookings until the situation is clear.
Can any losses be carried back here?
- Would this save hours of your time? 36 1
- Wrong career 35 1
- Fee's for P11D's 283 5
- Agent with HMRC 233 10
- Quarterly PAYE 202 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 37 1
- reporting salary? 161 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 309 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 266 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 89 3
- Value pricing 571 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 379 1
- Childcare Vouchers 171 3
- Audit Report Query 184 5
- Coming in from the cold 214 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,304 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 93 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 132 3
- Issuing an invoice as an individual (non UK resident) 80 1
- Thats Better 294 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 768
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 522
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 390
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 216
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 215
- Director Loan account operation 204
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 203
- vat return 166
- Free Tax Legislation? 159