Can these property losses be carried back?
I’d appreciate any input on this please.
Husband and wife own a rental property. The property was a furnished holiday rental for many years, then a furnished long term let for 5 years. The long term tenant left the property damaged (December 2011 when the tenant left). Husband and wife decided to turn it back into a furnished holiday let following repair to damage. Repairs have been carried out between January 2012 and November 2012, and were due to be completed along with the first booking in December 2012.
November 2012 a landslide rendered the land around the property unsafe and halted the repairs. The current news is that it won’t be safe to even get close to the property until spring 2013 (possibly April 2013). Even then the property could be demolished because of the unsafe land. Meaning the December 2012 booking can no longer go head, neither can any further bookings until the situation is clear.
Can any losses be carried back here?
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 187 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 35 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 570 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,233 36
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 194 3
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,455 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 163 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 824 33
- VAT flat rate scheme 66 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 277 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 78 1
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 189 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,069 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 396 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 141 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 206 3
- FPS or EPS 155 2
- Continuity of Practice 210 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 135 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 317 10
- Moving away from CCH software 951
- QROP pension input amounts 438
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 380
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 355
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 323
- fraud 283
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 255
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 225
- Construction CIS LLP Company 210
- EPS and CIS deductions 197