Can these property losses be carried back?
I’d appreciate any input on this please.
Husband and wife own a rental property. The property was a furnished holiday rental for many years, then a furnished long term let for 5 years. The long term tenant left the property damaged (December 2011 when the tenant left). Husband and wife decided to turn it back into a furnished holiday let following repair to damage. Repairs have been carried out between January 2012 and November 2012, and were due to be completed along with the first booking in December 2012.
November 2012 a landslide rendered the land around the property unsafe and halted the repairs. The current news is that it won’t be safe to even get close to the property until spring 2013 (possibly April 2013). Even then the property could be demolished because of the unsafe land. Meaning the December 2012 booking can no longer go head, neither can any further bookings until the situation is clear.
Can any losses be carried back here?
- Limited Company 22 1
- I do not love you 58 1
- Stamp Duty 325 5
- Love is in the air 681 8
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 732 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 847 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 376 5
- Paying Son 792 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 402 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 284 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,071 47
- Setting up a practice 619 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 604 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 547 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 469 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 247 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,863 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 442 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 608 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 601 7
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Foreign domicile status 299
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 298
- CGT for NOn UK residents 285
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 282
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 259
- Apprenticeship Levy 246
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 243
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 234
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 230