Can these property losses be carried back?
I’d appreciate any input on this please.
Husband and wife own a rental property. The property was a furnished holiday rental for many years, then a furnished long term let for 5 years. The long term tenant left the property damaged (December 2011 when the tenant left). Husband and wife decided to turn it back into a furnished holiday let following repair to damage. Repairs have been carried out between January 2012 and November 2012, and were due to be completed along with the first booking in December 2012.
November 2012 a landslide rendered the land around the property unsafe and halted the repairs. The current news is that it won’t be safe to even get close to the property until spring 2013 (possibly April 2013). Even then the property could be demolished because of the unsafe land. Meaning the December 2012 booking can no longer go head, neither can any further bookings until the situation is clear.
Can any losses be carried back here?
- Mortgage deposit Gift 405 18
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 105 4
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 117 3
- property rental income split 236 3
- Shadow director or alternative? 453 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 70 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 73 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,243 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,107 339
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 387 21
- Use of home for storage 305 6
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 312 10
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 773 15
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,225 21
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 339 4
- VAT on stock sold at a loss 201 6
- Commercial property rental on disincorporation 79 1
- Payments on account coded out?? 291 1
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 360 9
- What should I do for 'free' 623 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,182
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 399
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 312
- National Insurance 306
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 259
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 232
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 232
- Non Resident 216
- Franchise income and costs 199
- Hands on experience of Digita 139