Can these property losses be carried back?
I’d appreciate any input on this please.
Husband and wife own a rental property. The property was a furnished holiday rental for many years, then a furnished long term let for 5 years. The long term tenant left the property damaged (December 2011 when the tenant left). Husband and wife decided to turn it back into a furnished holiday let following repair to damage. Repairs have been carried out between January 2012 and November 2012, and were due to be completed along with the first booking in December 2012.
November 2012 a landslide rendered the land around the property unsafe and halted the repairs. The current news is that it won’t be safe to even get close to the property until spring 2013 (possibly April 2013). Even then the property could be demolished because of the unsafe land. Meaning the December 2012 booking can no longer go head, neither can any further bookings until the situation is clear.
Can any losses be carried back here?
- How much did you pay for your website 237 10
- Tax Allowance on University Course 926 5
- Mixed partnerships - new rules 208 3
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 143 5
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 1,025 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,225 31
- Would this fall into IR35 132 3
- Charging for book-keeping on a 'per transaction' basis 642 17
- ECSL 179 3
- Company Pension Contributions 52 1
- Let Property Campaign 286 5
- New Club 111 2
- Company Accounts - Limited company 426 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,591 28
- Who can I refer leads to? 1,238 17
- Self employment trap - pension 130 1
- DTL adjustement in P &L 206 5
- Preparing a consolidated TB 76 1
- Computers & Network Depreciation 166 3
- Capital Allowances and Hire Purchase 194 3
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 581
- CTA study material 571
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 342
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 267
- Employment related securities question 211
- CCJ and Shareholder/ Director ramifications 181
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 179
- ATED Penalties 178
- AIM Stocks and IHT 163
- Foreign Premium Distributions 135