Can these property losses be carried back?
I’d appreciate any input on this please.
Husband and wife own a rental property. The property was a furnished holiday rental for many years, then a furnished long term let for 5 years. The long term tenant left the property damaged (December 2011 when the tenant left). Husband and wife decided to turn it back into a furnished holiday let following repair to damage. Repairs have been carried out between January 2012 and November 2012, and were due to be completed along with the first booking in December 2012.
November 2012 a landslide rendered the land around the property unsafe and halted the repairs. The current news is that it won’t be safe to even get close to the property until spring 2013 (possibly April 2013). Even then the property could be demolished because of the unsafe land. Meaning the December 2012 booking can no longer go head, neither can any further bookings until the situation is clear.
Can any losses be carried back here?
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 84 3
- Claiming VAT on car lease 389 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 30 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 563 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 633 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 76 2
- Freelance/Employee 612 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 140 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 290 6
- Is it just me ... 192 5
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 121 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 261 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 90 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 321 10
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 125 1
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 209 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,473 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 108 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 351 14
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,172 27
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 739
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 403
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 351
- Electric Car 287
- S222 Charge 234
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 180
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 166
- AIA 162
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 154