Can these property losses be carried back?
I’d appreciate any input on this please.
Husband and wife own a rental property. The property was a furnished holiday rental for many years, then a furnished long term let for 5 years. The long term tenant left the property damaged (December 2011 when the tenant left). Husband and wife decided to turn it back into a furnished holiday let following repair to damage. Repairs have been carried out between January 2012 and November 2012, and were due to be completed along with the first booking in December 2012.
November 2012 a landslide rendered the land around the property unsafe and halted the repairs. The current news is that it won’t be safe to even get close to the property until spring 2013 (possibly April 2013). Even then the property could be demolished because of the unsafe land. Meaning the December 2012 booking can no longer go head, neither can any further bookings until the situation is clear.
Can any losses be carried back here?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 618 27
- Share Capital 153 3
- Business Bank account 17 1
- Administrative restoration 134 4
- Limited company 53 2
- Purchase of ltd company 35 1
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 83 3
- Excel formula 443 9
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 161 4
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 89 2
- Companies House incorporation service 390 13
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 311 2
- P35 and Service Company questions 195 4
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,618 13
- Bereavment payment 161 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 119 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,176 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 298 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 380 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,312 14
- Xtuple 552
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 322
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 305
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 192
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 183