Can these property losses be carried back?
I’d appreciate any input on this please.
Husband and wife own a rental property. The property was a furnished holiday rental for many years, then a furnished long term let for 5 years. The long term tenant left the property damaged (December 2011 when the tenant left). Husband and wife decided to turn it back into a furnished holiday let following repair to damage. Repairs have been carried out between January 2012 and November 2012, and were due to be completed along with the first booking in December 2012.
November 2012 a landslide rendered the land around the property unsafe and halted the repairs. The current news is that it won’t be safe to even get close to the property until spring 2013 (possibly April 2013). Even then the property could be demolished because of the unsafe land. Meaning the December 2012 booking can no longer go head, neither can any further bookings until the situation is clear.
Can any losses be carried back here?
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 224 3
- Do I need a smartphone? 239 6
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 446 6
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 46 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 154 3
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,771 13
- Terminal / cessation loss relief against rental income 37 2
- Deduction from Salary 749 21
- Company struck off 211 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,405 53
- Opening Balances 278 6
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 271 6
- Employment Allowance 402 7
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 361 12
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 488 9
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 370 9
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 282 1
- West Bromich Albion 361 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,919 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 448 10
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 648
- Cancelled 402
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 347
- How not to compose an email 326
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 324
- Probiz 313
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 291
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 226
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 203