Can these property losses be carried back?
I’d appreciate any input on this please.
Husband and wife own a rental property. The property was a furnished holiday rental for many years, then a furnished long term let for 5 years. The long term tenant left the property damaged (December 2011 when the tenant left). Husband and wife decided to turn it back into a furnished holiday let following repair to damage. Repairs have been carried out between January 2012 and November 2012, and were due to be completed along with the first booking in December 2012.
November 2012 a landslide rendered the land around the property unsafe and halted the repairs. The current news is that it won’t be safe to even get close to the property until spring 2013 (possibly April 2013). Even then the property could be demolished because of the unsafe land. Meaning the December 2012 booking can no longer go head, neither can any further bookings until the situation is clear.
Can any losses be carried back here?
- What are options for non CA firm 1,810 30
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 257 3
- Real names 1,273 38
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 425 8
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 119 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 213 5
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 116 1
- Expenses Apps 166 2
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 182 4
- Quick Easy Quote 260 4
- Solicitor accounts 95 1
- Unallocated client money 255 7
- change of office address 151 4
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 239 3
- Incorporation Relief 144 4
- Letting income or partnership income? 121 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 362 4
- Furniture Rental Business 109 2
- Client Death 565 9
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 202 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 606
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 493
- Sorry ignore me 385
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 367
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 282
- Cancelled 247
- Cancelled 222
- Bartercard 177
- C79 Discrepancy 175
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 164