Can these property losses be carried back?
I’d appreciate any input on this please.
Husband and wife own a rental property. The property was a furnished holiday rental for many years, then a furnished long term let for 5 years. The long term tenant left the property damaged (December 2011 when the tenant left). Husband and wife decided to turn it back into a furnished holiday let following repair to damage. Repairs have been carried out between January 2012 and November 2012, and were due to be completed along with the first booking in December 2012.
November 2012 a landslide rendered the land around the property unsafe and halted the repairs. The current news is that it won’t be safe to even get close to the property until spring 2013 (possibly April 2013). Even then the property could be demolished because of the unsafe land. Meaning the December 2012 booking can no longer go head, neither can any further bookings until the situation is clear.
Can any losses be carried back here?
- Refreshments provided at event: client entertainment or not? 177 4
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 187 6
- Directors Loan Account Question 86 3
- HMRC - never move address as an agent 884 16
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 754 30
- Allowable expenses on retal property 402 12
- VAT "Scheme" 87 2
- Company accounts for £350 416 14
- Employer Paid Travelcard and Maternity Leave 88 2
- question 578 7
- Directors Current Account and dividends 379 22
- Marriage Allowance Transfer 150 6
- Company Limited by Guarantee 172 2
- Property pages or self-employed? 302 7
- wife as partner 142 3
- 10% Wear And Tear Allowance UK Property 131 1
- Identity Checks 233 7
- Running Sage on a Mac 184 3
- Do I need to file a tax return whilst working abroad? 112 1
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 724 28
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 294
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 275
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 266
- French ConnectionUK 211
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 199
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 195
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 192
- APN's 177
- FRS 101 Software 173
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 168