Can these property losses be carried back?
I’d appreciate any input on this please.
Husband and wife own a rental property. The property was a furnished holiday rental for many years, then a furnished long term let for 5 years. The long term tenant left the property damaged (December 2011 when the tenant left). Husband and wife decided to turn it back into a furnished holiday let following repair to damage. Repairs have been carried out between January 2012 and November 2012, and were due to be completed along with the first booking in December 2012.
November 2012 a landslide rendered the land around the property unsafe and halted the repairs. The current news is that it won’t be safe to even get close to the property until spring 2013 (possibly April 2013). Even then the property could be demolished because of the unsafe land. Meaning the December 2012 booking can no longer go head, neither can any further bookings until the situation is clear.
Can any losses be carried back here?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 754 5
- See you all on the other side 769 6
- 12Pay 543 2
- dividends 754 2
- R&D 366 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,229 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 481 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 482 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 437 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 582 5
- Seeking a tax case 692 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 555 4
- Companies house strike off 666 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 495 2
- Moving to the cloud 789 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 230 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 950 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 235 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,123 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 542 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 578
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 433
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 381
- IRIS and FRS 102 369
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 356
- Marginal rates of tax 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 348
- Class 2 NI 337
- USA help 329
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 313