Can of worms client
A client who unfortunately is a personal friend has asked me to handle his affairs. Unfortunately he has, through both bad advice and management of his own affairs ended in a few sticky situations. I am regretting agreeing and feel awkward charging him the going-rate with a new birth to boot.
The latest such situation is:
Company submits VAT Returns right through to May 2011....
Last time Accounts were submitted.... Feb 2010... For the January 2009 Year End.
When questioned if it continued to trade, yes, obviously it had - it had submitted VAT Returns. He has no idea whether or not a notice to file a CT return has arisen and frankly it seems as though the problem has "disappeared" due to the size of the Company concerned.
Still, I wouldn't be doing my duty if I didn't arrive at a solution for him. I've looked into Administrative Restoration under CA2006 which is markedly cheaper than the Court Order route. Circa £125.00 + VAT apparently.. nice.
However, my question is will the Company incur late filing fees for the 31/01/2010 and 31/01/2011 Accounts which should have been submitted? Same question with the CT Returns I suppose.
This could make the solution rather expensive (I reckon the charges will exceed what I planned to charge him for tidying it all up.
Any help appreciated!
- Accountant software 401 11
- Accounting jobs in the UK 133 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 227 1
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 135 2
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 192 4
- CIS gross status review 85 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 120 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 346 6
- Flat rate vat error 237 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 128 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 138 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 75 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 140 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 358 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 613 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 265 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 604 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 199 4
- Charge out rates in London? 211 2
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 179 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 749
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 481
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 295
- How to format a stock book 260
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 210
- Tax efficient holding company structure 199
- Investment property company accounts template 188
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 185
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 167
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 155