Can you help us with some sample iXBRL files?
A few months ago, I posted a query asking if members might be interested in using an online mechanism that would run a series of checks on their iXBRL accounts files before submission to ensure that they would pass HMRC's basic checks and a number of additional compliance criteria.
A prototype system now exists and we're looking for members who are willing to help us test it. We would like to submit a few trial accounts to the system to see how it performs with different types of iXBRL output. Ideally it would be good to test its ability to pick up some obvious mistakes (like non-compliant/non-matching names, balance sheet doesn't balance etc).
If you're concerned about client confidentiality, you can alter the name on the accounts to preserve their anonymity. We're still interested in hearing your ideas about the kinds of checks you think would help - we're thinking of this service in terms of the kinds of basic checks an experienced manager would apply to accounts before filing them. If it takes off, we're planning to get into more interesting areas such as highlighting potential high-risk areas for investigation.
Please leave a comment below or private message me if you're willing to help.
- Why .... 202 3
- Auto enrolement and PAYE 104 1
- Rental Income 41 1
- VAT - E-commerce site (middle man only) - like Not on the high street 47 1
- Leaving the Flat Rate Scheme 38 1
- Charity accounting 124 3
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 586 10
- Lack of new PAYE Coding Notices issued 293 4
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 204 5
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 417 9
- Sell business after leaving country 425 12
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 396 7
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 100 1
- Company buy-back of own shares 250 3
- Formating cells in Excel 203 5
- Jointly owned property 243 5
- Directors bonus 300 7
- Software recommendations? 165 1
- VAT GUIDE - 22-25 AGENTS OR EQUIVALENT 355 6
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,531 12
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 564
- Possible Partnership? 564
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 488
- New Fangled Penalties 365
- Clubs and Taxable Income 301
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 281
- Loans to other companies 226
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 217
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 186
- Outsource Data Entry 183