Can you help us with some sample iXBRL files?
A few months ago, I posted a query asking if members might be interested in using an online mechanism that would run a series of checks on their iXBRL accounts files before submission to ensure that they would pass HMRC's basic checks and a number of additional compliance criteria.
A prototype system now exists and we're looking for members who are willing to help us test it. We would like to submit a few trial accounts to the system to see how it performs with different types of iXBRL output. Ideally it would be good to test its ability to pick up some obvious mistakes (like non-compliant/non-matching names, balance sheet doesn't balance etc).
If you're concerned about client confidentiality, you can alter the name on the accounts to preserve their anonymity. We're still interested in hearing your ideas about the kinds of checks you think would help - we're thinking of this service in terms of the kinds of basic checks an experienced manager would apply to accounts before filing them. If it takes off, we're planning to get into more interesting areas such as highlighting potential high-risk areas for investigation.
Please leave a comment below or private message me if you're willing to help.
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 28 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,241 19
- Scanners 158 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 54 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 133 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 225 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 397 9
- Payment plans for clients 89 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 220 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 217 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 389 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 433 9
- P60 or payslips? 77 1
- Property income in different capacities 94 1
- IHT dilemma 1,381 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 185 1
- IT advisory questions? 169 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 792 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 125 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 523 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,156
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 795
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 484
- Digita Hosted Software 319
- Credit where credit's due....... 269
- Director phone costs 229
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 225
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 192
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 150
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 133