Can you help us with some sample iXBRL files?
A few months ago, I posted a query asking if members might be interested in using an online mechanism that would run a series of checks on their iXBRL accounts files before submission to ensure that they would pass HMRC's basic checks and a number of additional compliance criteria.
A prototype system now exists and we're looking for members who are willing to help us test it. We would like to submit a few trial accounts to the system to see how it performs with different types of iXBRL output. Ideally it would be good to test its ability to pick up some obvious mistakes (like non-compliant/non-matching names, balance sheet doesn't balance etc).
If you're concerned about client confidentiality, you can alter the name on the accounts to preserve their anonymity. We're still interested in hearing your ideas about the kinds of checks you think would help - we're thinking of this service in terms of the kinds of basic checks an experienced manager would apply to accounts before filing them. If it takes off, we're planning to get into more interesting areas such as highlighting potential high-risk areas for investigation.
Please leave a comment below or private message me if you're willing to help.
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 599 22
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 853 36
- Self Assessment and P11D 41 1
- TRONC scheme 95 1
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 101 3
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 100 1
- Investment from Friend 127 8
- Advice on letting a client go ? 676 13
- Capital Gains Relief 143 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,595 29
- Identity check problem 1,243 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 181 3
- Business Set up cost 102 1
- Aged Debtor 80 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 962 34
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 98 3
- blank - ignore 499 8
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 87 2
- calculate mortgage interest 362 5
- Do we have to register for VAT? 454 9
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 876
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 573
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 540
- Latest phishing scam 472
- Entrepreneurs' relief 414
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 341
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 320
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 242
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 235
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 165