Can you help us with some sample iXBRL files?
A few months ago, I posted a query asking if members might be interested in using an online mechanism that would run a series of checks on their iXBRL accounts files before submission to ensure that they would pass HMRC's basic checks and a number of additional compliance criteria.
A prototype system now exists and we're looking for members who are willing to help us test it. We would like to submit a few trial accounts to the system to see how it performs with different types of iXBRL output. Ideally it would be good to test its ability to pick up some obvious mistakes (like non-compliant/non-matching names, balance sheet doesn't balance etc).
If you're concerned about client confidentiality, you can alter the name on the accounts to preserve their anonymity. We're still interested in hearing your ideas about the kinds of checks you think would help - we're thinking of this service in terms of the kinds of basic checks an experienced manager would apply to accounts before filing them. If it takes off, we're planning to get into more interesting areas such as highlighting potential high-risk areas for investigation.
Please leave a comment below or private message me if you're willing to help.
- Opt To Tax Refund 231 3
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 185 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 182 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 593 15
- When to top-up pensions? 139 2
- Support / ticketing software 319 11
- Withdrawal of a quote 328 6
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 310 3
- Imported goods and VAT 121 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 428 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 579 11
- Stamp Duty 160 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,853 22
- Company Number 10000000 980 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 361 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 217 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 460 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,829 29
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 444 9
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 226 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 795
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 285
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 241
- Apprenticeship Levy 216
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 214
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 208
- Just checking re PSA 194
- Capital Gains personal representatives 187