Can you help us with some sample iXBRL files?
A few months ago, I posted a query asking if members might be interested in using an online mechanism that would run a series of checks on their iXBRL accounts files before submission to ensure that they would pass HMRC's basic checks and a number of additional compliance criteria.
A prototype system now exists and we're looking for members who are willing to help us test it. We would like to submit a few trial accounts to the system to see how it performs with different types of iXBRL output. Ideally it would be good to test its ability to pick up some obvious mistakes (like non-compliant/non-matching names, balance sheet doesn't balance etc).
If you're concerned about client confidentiality, you can alter the name on the accounts to preserve their anonymity. We're still interested in hearing your ideas about the kinds of checks you think would help - we're thinking of this service in terms of the kinds of basic checks an experienced manager would apply to accounts before filing them. If it takes off, we're planning to get into more interesting areas such as highlighting potential high-risk areas for investigation.
Please leave a comment below or private message me if you're willing to help.
- Income £10k salary and £20k net dividends 261 10
- About your hairdresser clients 216 7
- Bright Pay 97 1
- Can an EPS be resent? 84 3
- Getting a business loan with a personal default 186 6
- Great Service 1,123 14
- Can't vote dividends due to minority shareholder 473 11
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,359 27
- HMRC debt collectors 119 2
- Entrepreneurs relief 110 1
- WIP valuation at year end 295 6
- New Company formation - how to account for share capital vs directors loans 104 3
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 669 12
- Can I call Agent Dedicated line to request UTR be posted? 246 3
- Iris Upgrade Issue V11.7.0 618 8
- Capital Expenditure 104 2
- Selling Fees 305 5
- VAT implications of UK subsiduary recharging US Parent 118 4
- Funds received in advance of share issue 162 5
- Any printer recommendations? 333 8
- Sanzar 519
- Digital marketing focus group 409
- Sainsbury's mangement 369
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 368
- Avanti Accounts 348
- Continuity Agreement 347
- Buyback 302
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 249
- Aggresive sales from Iris 235
- Charity volunteers and mileage 198