Can you help us with some sample iXBRL files?
A few months ago, I posted a query asking if members might be interested in using an online mechanism that would run a series of checks on their iXBRL accounts files before submission to ensure that they would pass HMRC's basic checks and a number of additional compliance criteria.
A prototype system now exists and we're looking for members who are willing to help us test it. We would like to submit a few trial accounts to the system to see how it performs with different types of iXBRL output. Ideally it would be good to test its ability to pick up some obvious mistakes (like non-compliant/non-matching names, balance sheet doesn't balance etc).
If you're concerned about client confidentiality, you can alter the name on the accounts to preserve their anonymity. We're still interested in hearing your ideas about the kinds of checks you think would help - we're thinking of this service in terms of the kinds of basic checks an experienced manager would apply to accounts before filing them. If it takes off, we're planning to get into more interesting areas such as highlighting potential high-risk areas for investigation.
Please leave a comment below or private message me if you're willing to help.
- How much did you pay for your website 1,386 24
- What would you do in this situation? 550 13
- Help Required 340 10
- Dress code 189 7
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 250 10
- directors control and tax problems 178 5
- Fastest Software 764 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 931 28
- What's in a name ? 304 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 234 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 426 15
- Bulk Invoicing 171 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 150 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 244 2
- ATED Penalties 272 1
- late second payment on account 174 2
- US royalties 96 2
- Project being run jointly 138 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 183 2
- Sole trader mix up 307 4
- CTA study material 703
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 426
- Employment related securities question 268
- AIM Stocks and IHT 246
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 200
- Trust for Employee 188
- Expat pension contributions? 186
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 178
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 158
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 149