Can you help us with some sample iXBRL files?
A few months ago, I posted a query asking if members might be interested in using an online mechanism that would run a series of checks on their iXBRL accounts files before submission to ensure that they would pass HMRC's basic checks and a number of additional compliance criteria.
A prototype system now exists and we're looking for members who are willing to help us test it. We would like to submit a few trial accounts to the system to see how it performs with different types of iXBRL output. Ideally it would be good to test its ability to pick up some obvious mistakes (like non-compliant/non-matching names, balance sheet doesn't balance etc).
If you're concerned about client confidentiality, you can alter the name on the accounts to preserve their anonymity. We're still interested in hearing your ideas about the kinds of checks you think would help - we're thinking of this service in terms of the kinds of basic checks an experienced manager would apply to accounts before filing them. If it takes off, we're planning to get into more interesting areas such as highlighting potential high-risk areas for investigation.
Please leave a comment below or private message me if you're willing to help.
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 168 7
- Identify cost savings 196 6
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 426 7
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 105 2
- Capital gains tax and PPR 95 1
- Jobs after completing ACCA 123 2
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 585 11
- are these allowable deductions? 117 1
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,650 20
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 565 12
- Option To Tax - VAT on residential sales? 79 1
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 133 3
- Can Guernsey company have same name as mine 417 7
- Schedule A losses 151 1
- Member meet up 1 October in London 312 7
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 193 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 832 1
- Fees 790 8
- P11D & tax return 287 10
- Freelance/Employee 929 22
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 438
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 391
- Electric Car 333
- S222 Charge 269
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 241
- AIA 215
- IP trans to holding company 209
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 204
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 170
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 157