Can you help us with some sample iXBRL files?
A few months ago, I posted a query asking if members might be interested in using an online mechanism that would run a series of checks on their iXBRL accounts files before submission to ensure that they would pass HMRC's basic checks and a number of additional compliance criteria.
A prototype system now exists and we're looking for members who are willing to help us test it. We would like to submit a few trial accounts to the system to see how it performs with different types of iXBRL output. Ideally it would be good to test its ability to pick up some obvious mistakes (like non-compliant/non-matching names, balance sheet doesn't balance etc).
If you're concerned about client confidentiality, you can alter the name on the accounts to preserve their anonymity. We're still interested in hearing your ideas about the kinds of checks you think would help - we're thinking of this service in terms of the kinds of basic checks an experienced manager would apply to accounts before filing them. If it takes off, we're planning to get into more interesting areas such as highlighting potential high-risk areas for investigation.
Please leave a comment below or private message me if you're willing to help.
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 54 1
- Mexican student in UK 99 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 174 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 273 12
- payroll software 62 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,032 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 61 1
- Pricing 317 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 236 5
- Partially exempt? 217 7
- Dividend in specie 186 3
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 139 7
- Lorry Drivers 113 1
- VAT 111 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 838 18
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 629 7
- Rental Income Tax Planning 202 3
- Vat 89 2
- Auto-Enrolment 3,832 184
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 129 2
- Skandia using wrong address 472
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 274
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 267
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 213
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 210
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 199
- Etax Australian 168
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 155