Can you help us with some sample iXBRL files?
A few months ago, I posted a query asking if members might be interested in using an online mechanism that would run a series of checks on their iXBRL accounts files before submission to ensure that they would pass HMRC's basic checks and a number of additional compliance criteria.
A prototype system now exists and we're looking for members who are willing to help us test it. We would like to submit a few trial accounts to the system to see how it performs with different types of iXBRL output. Ideally it would be good to test its ability to pick up some obvious mistakes (like non-compliant/non-matching names, balance sheet doesn't balance etc).
If you're concerned about client confidentiality, you can alter the name on the accounts to preserve their anonymity. We're still interested in hearing your ideas about the kinds of checks you think would help - we're thinking of this service in terms of the kinds of basic checks an experienced manager would apply to accounts before filing them. If it takes off, we're planning to get into more interesting areas such as highlighting potential high-risk areas for investigation.
Please leave a comment below or private message me if you're willing to help.
- Off site storage 118 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 552 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 220 7
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 70 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,113 44
- Industrial & Provident Societies 341 1
- Irish Taxation 110 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 488 5
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 209 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 303 4
- Self assesment losses 299 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 161 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 160 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 109 2
- Joint Property rent 165 3
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 256 1
- Fee protection 890 16
- Overdrawn DLA 275 9
- Disposal of an opted property 144 2
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 246 5
- Xtuple 561
- Qtac payroll for bureau 384
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 338
- Domain name sale and limited company 227
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 209
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 205
- Investment 203
- Tax on damages received 176
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 167
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 142