Can you help us with some sample iXBRL files?
A few months ago, I posted a query asking if members might be interested in using an online mechanism that would run a series of checks on their iXBRL accounts files before submission to ensure that they would pass HMRC's basic checks and a number of additional compliance criteria.
A prototype system now exists and we're looking for members who are willing to help us test it. We would like to submit a few trial accounts to the system to see how it performs with different types of iXBRL output. Ideally it would be good to test its ability to pick up some obvious mistakes (like non-compliant/non-matching names, balance sheet doesn't balance etc).
If you're concerned about client confidentiality, you can alter the name on the accounts to preserve their anonymity. We're still interested in hearing your ideas about the kinds of checks you think would help - we're thinking of this service in terms of the kinds of basic checks an experienced manager would apply to accounts before filing them. If it takes off, we're planning to get into more interesting areas such as highlighting potential high-risk areas for investigation.
Please leave a comment below or private message me if you're willing to help.
- 100% Xero practice 2,116 35
- Vat treatment of charity business income 107 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 860 18
- Company Accounts 122 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,194 343
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 181 6
- Donations (to a school!) 428 11
- Vat on Royalites 82 1
- Umbrella Company 144 2
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 429 24
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 81 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 158 5
- Mortgage deposit Gift 430 18
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 171 3
- property rental income split 255 3
- Shadow director or alternative? 468 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 139 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 100 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,270 5
- Use of home for storage 336 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,189
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 405
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 310
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 261
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 236
- Non Resident 222
- Franchise income and costs 205
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 160