Capital allowances and insurance proceeds
An asset sustained fire damage, the client received insurance proceeds but later decided to sell the asset. I need to determine what would influence the capital allowances position of this event and questions I need to ask the client.
I understand that permanent loss or destruction triggers a disposal event for CA's at the date the asset was lost and disposal to a third party. But I am I right in thinking that this would trigger two disposals? Then would the new asset be treated as an addition? If the insurance proceeds were not used in repairing or buying a new asset does that lead to a different treatment for CA purposes?
Any thought's would be helpful. I can't seem to find anything!
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 324 7
- Personal Tax 348 10
- Xerocon 2016 898 18
- Disengagement Help! 1,571 24
- Corrupt Excel File 637 9
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 68 1
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,920 42
- 64-8's amazingly quick 136 4
- last minute request 401 5
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 293 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,219 46
- Practical experience 887 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 261 2
- Mortgage Reference 265 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 198 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 449 9
- VAT 317 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 271 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 253 1
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 85 1