Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- Not renewing AAT 596 8
- Self-assessment statistics 2,391 56
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,685 51
- New dividend taxation 304 2
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 93 1
- Company car v company allowance 202 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 423 9
- Company formation and bank account 350 9
- Next Move 626 18
- Owning overseas property 296 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 279 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 208 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 680 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 627 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 235 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 408 8
- OneNote is fantastic 560 11
- VAT Direct Debit 381 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 470 8
- Self Assessment Software 702 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 664
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 405
- Property letting & CAs 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 391
- 2015 tax year end 388
- FCA regulated company in a small group 344
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 306
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 238
- DTA tie-breaker issue 207
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 204