Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 60 1
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 80 3
- Company purchase of shares 242 15
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 83 2
- VAT QUESTION 115 2
- Holding on to fees paid monthly for work not yet done? 1,066 14
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,194 15
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 210 13
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 277 4
- Why should I retain membership? 2,200 35
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 475 14
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 658 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 154 5
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 87 1
- HMRC Underpayment notices. Are they related to Employers Allowance 162 1
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,619 41
- VAT: option to tax 208 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 201 3
- Payroll software 590 14
- Permanent Place of Work & Travel & Subsistence 179 4
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 682
- Auto enrolment excuses 606
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 362
- Call Centre Data Costs 174
- Social investment tax relief 173
- Digita Hosted Software 169
- option to tax 155
- VAT on deposits 138
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 134
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 130