Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- Servicing AE fees 134 2
- VAT Receipts 234 8
- Changing pay dates on Moneysoft 71 2
- P800 problems again 60 1
- Company accounts for £350 930 27
- Directors Loan Account Question 386 12
- Flat Rate VAT 147 5
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,135 40
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 127 4
- Seeking advice: Osetting Directors Loan at Startup 192 5
- Redundancy pay 275 7
- Software for Accounts layout 250 4
- Today's HMRC Business Help & Support SA302s 209 6
- Debt management unit HMRC 137 1
- How to report under-declaration on next VAT100? 127 1
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 183 4
- Mandatory Capitalisation 224 3
- Practice software 1,152 16
- A different accounts production software request 200 2
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,551 16
- FRS 101 Software 328
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 301
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 292
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 271
- French ConnectionUK 235
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 206
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 201
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 198
- APN's 183
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 179