Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- Corp Tax Refund 124 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,747 477
- Email hacker for hire ... 310 8
- Fees for Property Tax Return 482 15
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 153 11
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 82 10
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 258 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 47 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 173 1
- Audit partner? 231 6
- Losses on FHL Property 88 1
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 236 5
- Has anyone encountered this scenario 108 1
- corp tax software 962 13
- Does anyone use quotation software? 304 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,616 72
- Can't read my handwriting 550 12
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 691 15
- Is this fraud? 846 13
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 414 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,365
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 510
- National Insurance 401
- Non Resident 315
- Hands on experience of Digita 237
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 216
- Employer's Helpline 185
- CIS paid under reg 9 174
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 144
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 138