Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 561 19
- Do we have to register for VAT? 361 7
- Unbelievable!! 673 5
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 366 1
- Reclaiming VAT on unpaid invoices 29 1
- Receipt bank 264 6
- blank - ignore 421 7
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 42 1
- Close Ltd and be taxed as a sole trader 54 1
- foreign income 151 3
- New client forgot to take stock count at the year end 164 5
- Company Van taxable benefit 105 3
- Non resident income. 359 18
- White van man 787 26
- Should i tell HMRC 1,242 12
- How to value a business asset? 105 4
- Companies House praise 167 1
- EIS reinvestment relief 163 12
- Identity check problem 1,119 11
- Declaration of interest 119 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 869
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 566
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 531
- Latest phishing scam 453
- Entrepreneurs' relief 407
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 333
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 316
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 236
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 215
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 157