Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- Yorkshire Day 490 33
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,636 53
- Deleted question? 592 15
- SMP reclaimable by employer 240 6
- inflation rate year on year 24 1
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 244 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 319 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 137 6
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 333 15
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 64 1
- E-Magazines and pdfs 135 3
- Late annual return 192 2
- Flat rate VAT 353 8
- corporation tax 469 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,129 29
- Dividend dates 677 13
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 127 2
- Companies House change of shareholding 582 16
- Agent help line - long queues? 193 3
- Company Director In Prison 633 13
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 568
- Cancelled 454
- Cancelled 379
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 370
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Probiz 349
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 252
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 228
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 221
- More spam 179