Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 21 1
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 58 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 228 7
- Closing down loss-making company 753 15
- Stumped - IHT 574 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 117 1
- S.455 Tax again 410 8
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 479 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 378 14
- Tips on meals 515 4
- co-operatives & Societies 101 1
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 706 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,200 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,478 40
- Website Content 459 6
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 202 3
- Directors in dispute 194 1
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 734 12
- Incorporated company charity 161 2
- property capital gains 359 3