Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- Can I claim mileage? 70 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 169 9
- client threatening legal action 1,799 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 681 8
- Partially exempt? 240 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 90 1
- First VAT Visit for client 230 4
- Dividend in specie 227 7
- Lorry Drivers 140 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 105 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 100 1
- Mexican student in UK 119 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 199 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 303 12
- payroll software 134 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,054 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 112 1
- Pricing 333 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 252 5
- VAT 118 2
- Skandia using wrong address 489
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 278
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 274
- Employee rewards 258
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 226
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 217
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 216
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Etax Australian 172
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 160