Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- Reusing dissolved company name? 127 2
- Fee protection 141 4
- Ltd company or sole trader 112 3
- Generic PAYE notices 116 2
- deductions for OMB companies 179 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 145 4
- LLP classification of division of profit 124 3
- Insolvent Liquidation 109 1
- insolvency ip control 157 1
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 312 3
- Free Agent data? 116 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 132 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 529 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 550 12
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 81 1
- UK company avoiding tax 203 2
- Finland 86 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 972 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 178 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 509 8
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- South African Government Pension 138