Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- Clients 793 17
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 258 5
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 342 3
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 280 2
- HMRC stupidity of the day 170 2
- Newly Started Practice 730 14
- Sage Payroll 183 4
- PAYROLL - SAGE v Microsoft Payroll Manager 179 3
- Client's company struck off 837 19
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 207 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 245 2
- Tax and children 205 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 593 8
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 403 16
- Directors obligation to notify 178 1
- Starting new accounting business 364 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 171 4
- error on companies house accounts 783 18
- RTI penalties 181 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 339 5
- QROP pension input amounts 506
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 492
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 451
- EPS and CIS deductions 312
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 299
- Construction CIS LLP Company 292
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 257
- SAGE winforecast 210
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 196
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 184