Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 58 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,250 19
- Scanners 162 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 69 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 148 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 229 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 400 9
- Payment plans for clients 101 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 224 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 227 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 437 9
- P60 or payslips? 88 1
- Property income in different capacities 99 1
- IHT dilemma 1,382 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 187 1
- IT advisory questions? 173 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 793 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 135 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 526 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,157
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 796
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 486
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 270
- Director phone costs 231
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 226
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 193
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 152
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 135