Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- Would this save hours of your time? 369 9
- Wrong career 424 18
- Laptop purchase 1,352 20
- PTP software disaster 224 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 157 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 204 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 91 2
- Director's tax return 195 3
- Tricky VAT question 138 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 102 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 230 6
- VT accounts licence key 237 5
- Weely paid employees 211 2
- Splitting the tax year 84 1
- FPS Submission 136 2
- Value pricing 640 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 205 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 131 1
- vat return 221 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 175 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 789
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 546
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 409
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 291
- Free Tax Legislation? 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 235
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 234
- Director Loan account operation 234
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 228
- Paye procedures for CVA 159