Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- How much to charge 254 4
- How to pay national insurance 195 8
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 198 4
- Government Gateway 989 16
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,565 11
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 193 6
- Project Manager Consultant with Profit Share 74 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 100 2
- P11D Rejection 376 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 528 14
- Selling a practice 358 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,283 20
- Incapable of reading 150 1
- Overlap relief 466 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 138 1
- Dormant payroll 845 9
- Can I get around an ostrich director? 159 1
- "Can your client afford the following" 1,355 21
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 631 13
- PPR exemption on separation 153 1
- Theatre Tax Relief 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 346
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 338
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 311
- Perkbox 275
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 243
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 242
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 242
- Document Management Systems 216
- WIP Software 201