Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 99 5
- Auto enrolment 349 6
- Inventory valuation of precious metals? 304 3
- Share swap 244 6
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 246 3
- Partnership to LLP - Capital Contribution 89 1
- Threshold for RTI submission 44 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 158 2
- Was I rude 545 16
- Top slicing relief question no 2 130 3
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 83 3
- Maternity Pay 125 2
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 571 14
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 622 10
- Recording VAT refund and payment on Sage 50 52 1
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,719 27
- Director's minimum wage? 229 4
- Advertising services? 305 1
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 312 4
- Invoice factoring 254 8
- Skandia using wrong address 1,471
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 801
- Any views 722
- International interest certificate 436
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 410
- Sale of business 376
- NOVA 276
- IRIS Open Books problem 272
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 187
- Expenses claim for non employee 177