Capital allowances on buildings
I have a limited company client who owns a care home which was purchased in 1991.
We recently instructed Quantity/Land Surveyors to prepare reports to enable us to calculate the fixtures & fittings contained within the building. We used the VOA's preferred method.
We have written to the previous owner of the home to establish whether a claim had been submitted in the past but have had no response despite numerous attempts.
We are about to submit the claim but are worried as we could not establish whether a previous claim had been made. There is a rule whereby if capital allowances have not been claimed since July 1996 then there is no restriction but I am not sure whether this rule is only for purchases made after July 1996 whereas our client purchased in 1991.
Thanks in advance.
- Opening a Quick books file 159 2
- What are my legal responsibilities 384 15
- P11D Benefits - Accountancy fee for Directors personal tax 226 2
- cash the returned VAT cheque 210 1
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 225 1
- Remote subcontractors - due diligence 232 1
- Confict of Interest 330 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 248 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 108 3
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 342 5
- P11d query 275 5
- Rental expenses 79 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 149 5
- No more tax returns... 1,549 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 424 6
- Signed accounts for bank 315 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 482 10
- Landing clients 441 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,162 22
- Termination Payment 233 5
- Sainsbury's mangement 989
- Calling franchise accountants 841
- Avanti Accounts 807
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 571
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 485
- Scammers 474
- MERGER ACCA MEMBER WITH ICAEW FIRM 426
- Potential new client 406
- HMRC online filing 367
- Anyone offering Probate Services yet? 198