Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- Advice for new build property 10 1
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 215 7
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 253 5
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 431 18
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,252 17
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 191 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,020 25
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 266 8
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 201 3
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 102 1
- Sage Line 50 88 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,930 58
- mileage claim via self assessment - how far back? 138 2
- HMRC Post 341 5
- Freelance/Employee 576 14
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 535 11
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 336 8
- Employment Allowance 378 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,417 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 215 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 370
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 345
- Electric Car 282
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 177
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 166
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 163
- AIA 153