Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 73 3
- Drop box Storage 446 6
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 30 1
- FIFA game and making money 1,657 14
- VAT on sale of Assets to Director 47 3
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 265 9
- Fee Protection Insurance 1,083 45
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 391 19
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 555 16
- Employing a carer 191 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,173 496
- Non resident client -employed in the Cayman Islands 101 1
- "Please be advised that one or more Generic Notification Notices have been issued." 100 3
- Which profit figure to use 70 1
- rti 121 4
- What Exactly does the RTI Penalty Relaxation mean? 166 2
- Partnership issues and acting for one partner 139 4
- RTI -Late registration -any penalties 136 1
- Another goodwill question ....... 161 1
- Can't read my handwriting 745 18
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,382
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 527
- National Insurance 428
- Non Resident 323
- Hands on experience of Digita 249
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 234
- CIS paid under reg 9 189
- Employer's Helpline 189
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 156
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 153