Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 29 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 38 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 136 1
- How to deal with prior year error 105 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 498 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,311 33
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,052 19
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,022 20
- Tax Calculations 648 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 372 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 575 24
- Exemption from CGT 202 2
- VAT Registration 210 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 458 14
- Autumn statement predictions 403 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 295 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 168 3
- Moneysoft error 422 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 643 26
- New client wants to submit tax returns from 06/07 to date, how many years can actually be submitted? 461 3