Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 739 15
- Late filing penalties refunded 236 4
- Employers allowance 37 1
- Dividend in Specie on demerger 88 1
- Recruitment consultancy says previous accountant said they could claim VAT on candidate entertainment. Could this be correct? 108 3
- Gross Profit Margin- motor vehicle mechanic 177 5
- Overpayment of Salary 805 24
- Effect on new state pension of contracted out periods 49 1
- ITS HAPPENED AGAIN SPAM SPAM SPAM 571 16
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 80 2
- Is this Tax Deductible??? 548 1
- Capital Gains Regime/Corporation Tax Regime 47 1
- CIS Software Recommendations 132 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 260 4
- CGT on house within Limited Company 315 10
- Subsistence Claims 336 3
- India Capital Gain 179 2
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 430 7
- Pressure to upgrade from Sage 50 Accounts 2013 236 4
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 572 12
- Theatre Tax Relief 426
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 330
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 311
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 289
- Perkbox 241
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 230
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 223
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 200
- Document Management Systems 199
- WIP Software 186