Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- TaxCalc Accounts production 122 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 368 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 209 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 402 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 77 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,362 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 390 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 577 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 189 2
- Old CGT loss 211 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 186 3
- Paper tax return 161 4
- Start up allowance? 385 12
- Will I need to resign? 210 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 250 3
- AIA or IFA 460 7
- Surely not? 466 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 646 9
- Late Registration for VAT 368 11