Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 208 6
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 227 5
- Employed clients and expenses 760 13
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 29 1
- FRS 102 Fair Value v open market value 105 2
- Taxfiler V's BTC 805 31
- Quickbooks 2015 171 1
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 358 13
- Sage reporting 105 4
- SA302's anyone?? 2,774 41
- Directors loan accounts 243 6
- Professional Clearance 1,510 23
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 339 8
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 112 2
- Change of director first name on Annual Return 124 2
- BTC Software 265 9
- Allowable expenditure when claiming wear & tear 197 7
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 102 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 571 30
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 2,713 25
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,014
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 523
- NOVA 481
- Bonus Bonds 361
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 345
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 261
- Payment for Promotional Samples 234
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 232
- Friendly Pensions 158
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 147