Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- Reimbursing director travel costs 400 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,971 45
- Love is in the air 289 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,672 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 239 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 376 8
- Client Paperwork Retention? 494 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 232 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 516 1
- Paying Son 646 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 342 7
- HMRC accounting 364 3
- Employers NI allowance 454 6
- Dividend taxation 349 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 276 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 184 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 254 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 453 4
- iris update 11.9.2 453 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 287 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 275
- CGT for NOn UK residents 274
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 264
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 246
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 234
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 209
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 191