Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 85 1
- any implications of this type of transaction 51 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,687 28
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 97 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 287 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,031 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 262 7
- Sage data 105 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 422 9
- Limited company buying a car 362 6
- Funding Circle experience 156 3
- Excel query 121 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,298 13
- Payment on account penalties 131 3
- Tax on free shares 146 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 208 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 128 1
- Audit 492 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 130 3
- Buying a horse?? 431 12
- CTA study material 805
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 496
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 461
- Employment related securities question 324
- AIM Stocks and IHT 311
- Expat pension contributions? 282
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 282
- Trust for Employee 257
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 234
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 161