Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- Accounts Software 707 19
- practice planning 147 3
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 237 9
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 498 14
- Dividend Vouchers 375 5
- Gift to employee 413 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 162 3
- MS Surface Pro 3 150 2
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,115 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 187 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 158 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,665 10
- Which address 1,078 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 613 20
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,522 17
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,227 44
- R&D tax claim 264 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 553 9
- Tax Allowance on University Course 208 1
- Transfer of a business 132 1
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 489
- CTA study material 464
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 339
- Pre incorp expenses 323
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 274
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 265
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 214
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 169
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 140
- Employment related securities question 129