Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- Weely paid employees 227 3
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 120 3
- Reregister for VAT 98 1
- Would this save hours of your time? 433 11
- Director's tax return 248 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 195 6
- Value pricing 671 23
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 49 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 182 5
- Wrong career 455 18
- Payroo Employer allowance query 128 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 263 7
- Laptop purchase 1,376 20
- PTP software disaster 258 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 220 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 96 2
- Tricky VAT question 171 1
- VT accounts licence key 260 5
- Splitting the tax year 107 1
- FPS Submission 155 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 792
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 547
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 413
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 292
- Free Tax Legislation? 261
- Director Loan account operation 241
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 237
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159