Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 168 8
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 327 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 75 1
- Accountant Error 213 5
- Auto enrolment 43 1
- Deferral relief 85 2
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,208 18
- Accountants' Error 338 7
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 671 26
- Inventory valuation of precious metals? 117 2
- Entrepreneur's relief and LLPs 84 2
- Companies House Abbreviated Accounts 411 5
- Wear and tear allowance 381 5
- HMRC Enquiry 517 3
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 230 2
- Share swap 116 1
- Cashback 351 2
- another ir35!!!! 242 2
- Settlement, or any other issues? 101 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 114 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,433
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 737
- Any views 680
- HMRC Employers Diary 507
- International interest certificate 414
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 377
- Sale of business 333
- NOVA 243
- Advertising services? 231
- IRIS Open Books problem 225