Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- Clothing 563 18
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 278 12
- Digita in the cloud 18 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 206 7
- IHT and US resident 117 2
- Tax relief when working away 25 1
- Parent and subsidiary... 141 5
- Anybody still doing returns? 794 33
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 197 8
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,232 17
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 361 16
- Designated sole Residence 165 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 738 15
- Anyone know what this is? 301 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 928 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 550 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 282 9
- no utr 313 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,145 49
- Director drawings 614 32
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 625
- Latest phishing scam 602
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 328
- Scratch Head 266
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 258
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199