Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- P35 and Service Company questions 167 4
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 519 20
- Administrative restoration 82 1
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,608 13
- Bereavment payment 120 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 108 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,129 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 281 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 360 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,300 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 161 2
- Companies House incorporation service 363 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 84 1
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 203 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 223 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 280 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 149 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 163 3
- Share Capital 141 2
- Trading income or not? 209 1
- Xtuple 550
- Qtac payroll for bureau 377
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 321
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 297
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 191
- Investment 188
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 180