Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 954 17
- VAT Option to tax 339 7
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 233 13
- Laptop purchase 1,545 21
- Entrepreneurs Relief 57 2
- Consortium relief and bad debts 74 3
- CVA guidance 102 2
- BEST CPD COURSE 88 1
- Total cost of employment 264 3
- Accountancy software for an imac 254 6
- PAYE Coding Notices 519 10
- directors loan movements and repayments 238 3
- VAT registration for "co-operative" formed to provide flood defences 58 1
- Business travel apps 72 2
- EIS - connection through employment 65 1
- Weely paid employees 337 4
- Payroll - Previous year not filed 130 2
- Help car benefit 210 5
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 169 5
- Cable’s crackdown on bonuses – empty words? 99 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 891
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 624
- Free Tax Legislation? 382
- Director Loan account operation 379
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 325
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 307
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 303
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 276
- Paye procedures for CVA 208
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 198