Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- Income £10k salary and £20k net dividends 259 10
- About your hairdresser clients 214 7
- Bright Pay 97 1
- Can an EPS be resent? 82 3
- Getting a business loan with a personal default 186 6
- Great Service 1,121 14
- Can't vote dividends due to minority shareholder 473 11
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,356 27
- HMRC debt collectors 119 2
- Entrepreneurs relief 110 1
- WIP valuation at year end 293 6
- New Company formation - how to account for share capital vs directors loans 103 3
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 669 12
- Can I call Agent Dedicated line to request UTR be posted? 245 3
- Iris Upgrade Issue V11.7.0 618 8
- Capital Expenditure 104 2
- Selling Fees 305 5
- VAT implications of UK subsiduary recharging US Parent 118 4
- Funds received in advance of share issue 162 5
- Any printer recommendations? 333 8
- Sanzar 519
- Digital marketing focus group 409
- Sainsbury's mangement 369
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 368
- Avanti Accounts 348
- Continuity Agreement 347
- Buyback 302
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 249
- Aggresive sales from Iris 235
- Charity volunteers and mileage 198