Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- Which software for practice books? 300 7
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 116 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,619 33
- Accountant software 283 7
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 438 7
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 67 1
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 415 13
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 221 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,878 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 67 1
- Renting property to yourself 308 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 384 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 98 4
- register as self employed? 120 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 138 1
- VAT enquiry 86 1
- Write off of former director's loan 227 4
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 258 4
- Capital gain or not? 146 3
- EC VAT 161 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 638
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 485
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 451
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 276
- How to format a stock book 232
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 195
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 183
- Tax efficient holding company structure 174
- Investment property company accounts template 162
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 154