Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 724 5
- See you all on the other side 738 6
- 12Pay 508 2
- dividends 711 2
- R&D 357 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,216 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 472 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 463 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 416 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 571 5
- Seeking a tax case 678 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 537 4
- Companies house strike off 637 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 475 2
- Moving to the cloud 777 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 225 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 939 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 232 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,113 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 530 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 574
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 428
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 362
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 343
- Capitalising Finance Lease 342
- Marginal rates of tax 329
- USA help 327
- Class 2 NI 321
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 305