Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- VAT on new builds 56 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 58 1
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 610 14
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,728 26
- Missing tax return 60 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 887 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 261 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 134 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 522 18
- Physiotherapy 212 3
- Inflation and fees 1,167 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 122 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 254 8
- CGT help please 115 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 328 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 100 2
- What happens when a customer with PPD pays late? 155 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 286 1
- Community Interest Company 133 3
- Redundancy Pay 418 5