Capital allowances on sole trader van
New to site so please be gentle.
I have been asked to complete a friends self assessment for the tax year ending April 2011.
He's a bedroom fitter and owns his own van which has had for a number of years. The bookkeeper who filed his previous tax returns did not take into account any capital allowances for his van.
Even though he has not purchashed the van during the tax year we want to start claiming capital allowances against it. Can I start as if it's the first year or even back date any of the allowances?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,237 34
- Accountancy Career 507 11
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,089 22
- MAAT vs ACCA 504 9
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 91 5
- Vat on Payments on Account 35 1
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 108 3
- Yorkshire Day 316 20
- calculation DTR restriction 149 4
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 56 1
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 143 4
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 888 23
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,865 45
- Group Audit Thresholds 404 12
- Flat rate VAT 257 5
- Client payment options 90 1
- Benefit in Kind - Clothing - PPE 119 1
- Help with HMRC investigation 469 8
- Best apps for clients 961 7
- Directors pay adjustment from 1k to the magic 833.33 288 5
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 554
- Cancelled 440
- Cancelled 369
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 364
- Probiz 343
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 343
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 249
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 222
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 211
- More spam 173