Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,439 27
- Director resignation 111 3
- Can't find a good web address 79 1
- effective advertising 101 2
- Put fees on website 158 4
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,228 4
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 225 3
- Sigma Red 1,349 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 332 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 73 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 152 2
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 434 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 466 7
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 143 6
- VAT Variation Team 188 3
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 89 1
- Sage help please 297 4
- charges for storing documents 193 1
- Share scheme annual returns problem 85 1
- VAT in Eu 76 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 473
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 457
- WIP Software 330
- No payroll scheme in place 282
- Is there anything wrong with this? 253
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 244
- Small Part Disposal of Property 224
- Uncommercial property business 216
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 187
- SA Penalty 179