Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- Disbursement of recharge 385 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 27 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 305 9
- Mortgage Reference 906 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 309 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 113 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 162 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 142 1
- RTI offline? 619 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 165 1
- CIS and Xero 279 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 265 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 186 2
- property capital gains 413 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 161 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 948 9
- Tips on meals 573 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,355 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 244 3