Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 88 2
- Which purchase date should I consider in the asset register 169 2
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 149 2
- UK property, split year non-UK reisdent help 52 1
- VAT on employee loan 338 6
- Interest, surcharges and interest on late payment of tax 143 3
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 270 9
- Auto enrolment 1,466 14
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 169 3
- Client's company struck off 591 17
- Extension of lease in flat management company 98 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 195 7
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 339 9
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 109 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 196 3
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 136 3
- Anyone had this problem?? 721 19
- Input VAT suffered in EU 156 3
- Investment property? 102 2
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 1,635 23
- QROP pension input amounts 470
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 425
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 408
- fraud 338
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 258
- EPS and CIS deductions 247
- Construction CIS LLP Company 242
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 200
- SAGE winforecast 170
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 166