Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- Non resident income. 446 20
- What sectors to target? 605 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 252 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 176 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,932 41
- Self assesment online 985 11
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 257 21
- Why do I do this every year 404 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 299 5
- closing limited company 169 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 87 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 513 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 251 9
- IHT and US resident 59 1
- Limited Companies Merger 209 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 139 1
- Practice management 381 7
- IHT and cash gifts 247 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 561 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,609 42
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 926
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 645
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 597
- Latest phishing scam 578
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 413
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 311
- Scratch Head 240
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 230
- Sabbatical payments 195
- Negligible Value Claim 173