Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 217 6
- Hello 193 1
- flat rate scheme 1,459 33
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,730 51
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 168 4
- Unpaid share capital 67 1
- 64-8 problems 106 2
- Employer reference not recognised? 111 2
- Business trips - director and family 217 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 427 10
- Allocation of income from property 446 12
- Networking 686 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 782 10
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 121 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 1,076 22
- bookkeeping system 362 5
- Outstanding Loans 126 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 221 5
- Company van paid by director 221 2
- Private company division 213 2