Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- FRS 102 Fair Value v open market value 89 2
- Taxfiler V's BTC 781 31
- Quickbooks 2015 162 1
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 316 13
- Sage reporting 88 4
- SA302's anyone?? 2,763 41
- Directors loan accounts 227 6
- Professional Clearance 1,499 23
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 318 8
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 92 2
- Change of director first name on Annual Return 117 2
- BTC Software 247 9
- Allowable expenditure when claiming wear & tear 178 7
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 92 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 568 30
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 2,698 25
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 95 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 231 7
- Completing RP1 form in re Redundancy /Insolvency 221 7
- CGT implications for gift of shares to connected person 204 8
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,012
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 520
- NOVA 476
- Bonus Bonds 359
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 344
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 260
- Payment for Promotional Samples 233
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 226
- Friendly Pensions 155
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 145