Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- Accounts Software 113 5
- HMRC Agents Line 187 4
- calculation DTR restriction 73 1
- Company Director In Prison 435 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 55 1
- AWeb - download file 159 3
- Charity work 229 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 234 6
- Director Drawings 149 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,674 38
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 257 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 221 7
- Collection or business assets 99 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 266 8
- Tax position re this lease? 371 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 719 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 103 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,674 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 89 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 349 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 674
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 516
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 335
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 327
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 243
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 215
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203