Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- Payment plans for clients 31 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 204 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 185 7
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 63 1
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 376 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 421 9
- P60 or payslips? 51 1
- Property income in different capacities 81 1
- Scanners 127 2
- IHT dilemma 1,367 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 175 1
- IT advisory questions? 155 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 788 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 113 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 509 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 457 8
- Sage payroll alternatives 625 12
- More AE! 647 14
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 134 4
- PAYE 1,641 17
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,152
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 794
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 482
- Digita Hosted Software 316
- Credit where credit's due....... 265
- Director phone costs 225
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 224
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 183
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 147
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 132