Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 132 3
- Scoot 164 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 141 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 184 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 656 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,438 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 101 1
- Regaining my qualification 174 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 228 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 198 2
- Auto enrolment 184 3
- Shareholder agreement 165 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 193 3
- Company Reorganisation 157 3
- Employee Loan 198 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 459 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 582 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 140 1
- Wear and tear allowance 461 6
- Accountants' Error 665 12
- Skandia using wrong address 1,447
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 757
- Any views 692
- HMRC Employers Diary 520
- International interest certificate 422
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 384
- Sale of business 350
- NOVA 258
- Advertising services? 246
- IRIS Open Books problem 240