Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 267 14
- Value pricing 554 19
- Fee's for P11D's 248 4
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 372 1
- Childcare Vouchers 157 3
- Quarterly PAYE 155 6
- Audit Report Query 174 5
- Coming in from the cold 178 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 66 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,286 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 61 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 124 3
- Issuing an invoice as an individual (non UK resident) 64 1
- Thats Better 253 6
- reporting salary? 131 2
- apprentices 86 1
- Sage Payroll 252 10
- VAT 143 2
- Belated VAT Exception Application 223 7
- Enforcing A CCJ 255 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 763
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 519
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 389
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 213
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 212
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 195
- Director Loan account operation 194
- vat return 163
- Paye procedures for CVA 150