Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 281 16
- Any Scottish members out there? 6,958 260
- Employment related securities question 547 2
- Shutting down a company with creditors 860 12
- Donations (to a school!) 204 6
- Standard 'email' template system 743 12
- Private Residence Election for CGT purposes 247 4
- business card address 79 3
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 100 5
- Expenses of overseas employment 82 1
- Tax implications for client leaving share incentive plan 74 2
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 166 2
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 126 5
- VAT Romania - how to register 195 4
- Repairs after a rental business ends 207 6
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 488 10
- Beaters and allowable exenses 162 2
- Family loan 281 7
- FL Memo - Any Good 492 8
- 50% Shareholder & Director stealing money from the business 343 8
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,094
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 358
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 296
- National Insurance 260
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 232
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 232
- Payments on account coded out?? 218
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 215
- Non Resident 178
- Franchise income and costs 170