Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 28 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 121 10
- EIS/SEIS 120 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 244 1
- You know its over 112 2
- Cocaine anyone? 390 7
- TaxCalc Accounts production 380 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 380 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 632 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 507 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 526 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 53 1
- Personal pension 383 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 210 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,190 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 884 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 103 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,502 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 306 4
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 275 1
- Hive up 479
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 442
- corporate hierarchy 421
- Advice - 259
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 216
- WWOOFers 208
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 197
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 186
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 168
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 164