Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- VAT - How hard is it? 2,040 59
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 703 22
- Capital Goods Scheme 34 3
- CGT Problem 783 7
- Concurrent users 277 6
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,341 16
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 422 9
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 224 1
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 2,025 13
- Selling Business 252 2
- Late loss relief claim 93 1
- Losses carry forward to self employed 490 8
- Creation of leases out of freehold 131 1
- CGT usage of ER lifetime limit 201 11
- Overseas marketing conferences 76 2
- Advice for new build property 290 4
- HMRC Online services password 157 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 409 6
- HMRC Post 831 11
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 500 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 787
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 432
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 383
- Electric Car 324
- S222 Charge 260
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 232
- IP trans to holding company 207
- AIA 201
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 195
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 159