Capital Gains Tax on property
My uncle has recently passed away. He didn't make an official will, but does have a 'wish list'.
All of his assets automatically get past to my Nan, who is currently claiming benefits.
His wish list has requested that his house is sold and the proceed split between his 4 brothers and 1 sister.
My question is - would any capital gains tax be payable by my Nan on the sale of my Uncles house? Assuming that the sale is at market value?
Also, does anyone know if my Nan would loose her benefits by selling the house and gifting the proceeds to her grown up children?
It is my Uncles wish that the house is sold, but we don't want my Nan to loose out by selling the property and giving away the proceeds.
Any help would be very much appreciated
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,488 41
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 161 3
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 111 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 303 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 239 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,240 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 374 6
- Go Cardless 389 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 337 3
- Mehjoo 339 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 164 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 421 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 201 4
- SA302 352 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 298 13
- Bringing money to Uk 306 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 223 4
- Hmrc software 267 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 209 1
- Hosted email exchange 197 5
- Xtuple 526
- Qtac payroll for bureau 358
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 302
- Industrial & Provident Societies 295
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 239
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 218
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 217
- Domain name sale and limited company 185
- CIS schemes 180
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 158