Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- Real names 475 19
- Company Secretarial Software 1,269 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 73 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 169 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 147 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 105 1
- Who owns the data 188 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 133 5
- Sole Trader Fees 99 1
- Director hired as an individual 32 1
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 65 1
- Loan interest rental property 185 5
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 111 4
- Theatre as charitable company 35 1
- Peer to Peer lending 122 5
- What's the plural? 662 14
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 95 1
- Well well well 246 2
- Capital Gains Tax 112 3
- Dividend payment date 1,849 32
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 568
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 430
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 331
- IFA incorporation 306
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 298
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 284
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 248
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 234
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 226
- Sorry ignore me 219