Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 221 6
- Client's company struck off 371 9
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 77 3
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 89 3
- Anyone had this problem?? 621 19
- Input VAT suffered in EU 141 3
- Investment property? 36 2
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 74 2
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 1,477 23
- Sole Trader Cessation 120 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 318 6
- Does AE staging date cease with transfer of business? 70 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 114 4
- Invoice personally but declare in company? 393 9
- Overtime etc for PT employees 80 1
- First Choice Final Accounts 229 1
- Complex VAT Group 319 6
- Pre-registration VAT: can you reclaim VATon delivery costs incurred in the six months prior to registration? 86 3
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 320 1
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,270 107
- QROP pension input amounts 468
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 410
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 406
- fraud 328
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 257
- EPS and CIS deductions 240
- Construction CIS LLP Company 240
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 193
- SAGE winforecast 166
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 164