Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- FHL - hedge purchase 102 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 522 18
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 267 3
- Fees 469 6
- HMRC Post 581 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 436 8
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 181 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 443 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 290 3
- www.pool.adzio 164 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 191 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,880 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 286 3
- Transactions with directors 481 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 314 9
- Non VAT invoices 250 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,436 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 281 5
- Form 17 Download 198 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 600 28
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 768
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 420
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 371
- Electric Car 304
- S222 Charge 252
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 215
- IP trans to holding company 197
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 191
- AIA 189
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 183