Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 69 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,254 19
- Scanners 165 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 79 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 157 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 232 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 401 9
- Payment plans for clients 117 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 226 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 238 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 444 9
- P60 or payslips? 95 1
- Property income in different capacities 106 1
- IHT dilemma 1,382 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 191 1
- IT advisory questions? 178 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 794 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 145 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 526 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,158
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 798
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 487
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 271
- Director phone costs 233
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 226
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 199
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 154
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 136