Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- LLP members share of profits 392 23
- VAT Option to tax 258 2
- Accountancy software for an imac 189 5
- Audit Required 1,011 21
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 367 1
- Total cost of employment 152 1
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 432 15
- Help car benefit 54 2
- Partnership tax rules 28 1
- Selling assets to yourself ? 34 1
- UIT4 REVENUE REC FRSSE 57 1
- Director's remuneration accrual 48 3
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 126 3
- SDLT on land 127 6
- Grants 209 6
- PAYE Coding Notices 468 8
- Value pricing 2,287 98
- Current tax asset 170 3
- Consortium relief and bad debts 57 1
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 94 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 883
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 617
- Free Tax Legislation? 364
- Director Loan account operation 360
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 315
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 303
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 287
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 274
- Paye procedures for CVA 206
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 185