Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,688 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 71 1
- Accounts Software 134 5
- HMRC Agents Line 198 4
- calculation DTR restriction 82 1
- Company Director In Prison 451 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 69 1
- AWeb - download file 170 3
- Charity work 237 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 254 6
- Director Drawings 166 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 264 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 228 7
- Collection or business assets 109 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 272 8
- Tax position re this lease? 371 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 728 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 106 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,675 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 92 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 679
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 520
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 336
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 327
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 243
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 216
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203