Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- Best Auto Enrollment Provider for clients DIY 79 2
- Large director's pension contribution 452 4
- Support / ticketing software 133 8
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 409 8
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 415 11
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,605 18
- Charge for tax returns 342 8
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 285 9
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 214 6
- interest in client bank account 159 3
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 258 13
- Landlord expenses incurred looking for new properties 327 6
- Non reporting RTI - penalties 428 5
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 602 14
- Company Number 10000000 871 11
- Company car v company allowance 735 2
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 210 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 543 10
- Swimming Pool Income 159 1
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 223 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 780
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 463
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 280
- DTA tie-breaker issue 273
- CGT for NOn UK residents 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 209
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 201
- Capital Gains personal representatives 186
- Just checking re PSA 185
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 180