Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- Electronic v printed payslips 70 1
- Where to advertise for staff 156 5
- CIS monthly declaration 62 5
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 843 36
- Personal investment trading company 57 1
- CIS schemes 250 1
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 85 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 86 2
- Overdrawn DLA 43 2
- Excel formula 510 11
- Ltd company or sole trader 519 13
- Self assesment losses 131 3
- Self assessment tax arrears 445 4
- overdrawn directors loan 150 4
- P35 and Service Company questions 290 7
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 151 2
- Fee protection 684 12
- Rights of Alphabet shares 259 8
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 111 2
- Disposal of an opted property 82 1
- Xtuple 558
- Qtac payroll for bureau 379
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 329
- Industrial & Provident Societies 318
- Domain name sale and limited company 213
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 197
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 197
- Investment 194
- Tax on damages received 159
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 137