Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- Cocaine anyone? 890 15
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 255 5
- Vat on new builds 59 1
- Using home as clients registered address 229 5
- VAT MOSS registration 96 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 468 15
- How much does the company pay 818 35
- Which tax returns can I submit? 164 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 455 10
- Proof of identification 127 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 153 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 123 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 308 5
- Childcare vouchers 373 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 102 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 93 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 88 1
- two business from one premises 193 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 70 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 375 4
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 511
- corporate hierarchy 479
- Advice - 330
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 279
- WWOOFers 267
- The booking.com con 252
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 252
- Cocaine anyone? 235
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 228
- UK State pension paid in NZ 178