Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- OBK 401 17
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 86 3
- Flat Rate Scheme - Joining date 61 1
- Auto-Enrolment 3,646 175
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,721 26
- Sage error message 129 2
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 69 1
- Partially exempt? 146 5
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 469 5
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 136 3
- Mileage claim 216 9
- Proof of Delivery 232 8
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 91 4
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 523 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 337 8
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 228 9
- Property expense - legal fees 155 3
- Research expenses for authors 277 6
- Investor exit 83 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 132 3
- Skandia using wrong address 460
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 268
- Employee rewards 247
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 246
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 205
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 201
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 187
- Etax Australian 160
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 148