Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- Career Advice 105 1
- Wrong career 140 6
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 171 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 545 4
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,869 28
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 194 5
- Newsletter 242 5
- RTI Filing 1,762 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 124 1
- Fee's for P11D's 311 5
- Agent with HMRC 242 10
- Quarterly PAYE 246 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 64 1
- reporting salary? 183 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 330 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 274 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 109 3
- Value pricing 593 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 392 1
- Childcare Vouchers 178 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 772
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 527
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 394
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 279
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 220
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 218
- Director Loan account operation 210
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 206
- Free Tax Legislation? 193
- vat return 175