Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,518 70
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,277 19
- HMRC Scam 223 2
- Departments in Sage 50 75 1
- Where has Portia gone? 656 25
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 197 2
- Rogue Accountant 2,811 45
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 318 4
- Capital Gains? 252 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 93 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 68 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 444 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 119 2
- AIA - new period 217 1
- Self assessment question 1,154 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 372 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 264 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 853 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 440 8
- Ex Wives Club 542 13
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 771
- RTI - duplicate employee record 504
- Pensions Regulator 438
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 394
- Sanzar 296
- Sage Vat return box 2 296
- Digital marketing focus group 272
- How do you do it 262
- Report old income 225
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 225