Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 400 4
- sole trader - operating under cis 65 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 97 2
- What does it mean?? 345 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 286 13
- VAT on motor expenses 892 32
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 67 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,706 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,303 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 101 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 140 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 164 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 197 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 160 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 745 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 390 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 210 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 333 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 115 2
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 96 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,548
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 853
- International interest certificate 472
- NOVA 329
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 234
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 221
- Bonus Bonds 209
- Management expenses for investment company 208
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 204
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 194