Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,264 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 878 37
- Second Limited Company 65 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 470 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 281 8
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 95 2
- Probate services 359 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 443 20
- trading losses allowable? 750 14
- Tax Fines - HMRC 765 12
- Post AAT? 650 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 99 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 193 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,625 37
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,501 24
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 127 3
- Sage accounts help 118 1
- Community Faux Pas 822 25
- AAT before CIMA? 140 1
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 109 3