Capital loss claim
Losses pre SA have not been claimed.
They date back to the 80s and early to mid 90s and comprise shares which became of negligible value and a payment under a guarantee..
Normally pre SA losses did not need to be notified, but I believe that the legislation at the time required a claim under the provisions for the above.
So does this mean that upon a claim now being made, these losses are subject to the 4 year time limit applicable from 1 April 2010 and are therefore timed out?
If so, is it worth trying a claim for special relief under TMA 1970 ( formerly the concessionary equitable relief )?
- Moneysoft Payroll 199 4
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 120 2
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 276 11
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 925 20
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 254 4
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 938 14
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 476 7
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 174 4
- Client right to working papers 1,546 11
- vat gross margins 191 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 216 4
- e mail 217 1
- Auto enrolment 582 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,358 6
- VAT on new build property 165 2
- Auto enrolment 302 9
- SAGE 50 2011 165 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,638 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,881 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 227 2
- NHS finance professionals 672
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 413
- Foreign Pension Contribution 384
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 369
- vat gross profit percentage margins 367
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 355
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 315
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 283
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 243
- IFA income recognition & reporting 215