Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- What would you do in this situation? 18 1
- Helping out a friend 118 6
- Lloyds bank ... 269 4
- Correct treatment when one company absorbs another 98 4
- Company Name - Number of Characters 176 5
- Tax Allowance on University Course 1,855 10
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 118 6
- Recharging VAT 106 5
- Benefit fraud 3,504 50
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 759 24
- Dealing with VAT on invoices received after VAT return submitted 196 2
- Rent a room when not living there 848 6
- cancellation of Engagement 519 13
- Bulk Invoicing 95 3
- Sole trader mix up 143 1
- Investment properties revaluation 209 9
- Banks and box ticking 115 2
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 88 2
- Profit or Capital Gain 145 3
- How to complain about HMRC 393 11
- CTA study material 672
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 405
- Employment related securities question 256
- ATED Penalties 233
- AIM Stocks and IHT 231
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 187
- Trust for Employee 169
- Expat pension contributions? 164
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 129
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 114