Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 172 4
- Peer to Peer lending 1,045 8
- Small company audit 305 9
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 100 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,034 50
- R&D tax credit claim 252 6
- CIC Company 494 6
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 345 8
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 248 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 507 11
- HMRC Property campaign 787 10
- Estate agent and VAT registration 192 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 120 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 378 12
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 536 8
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 218 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 234 5
- Problem partnership fees 159 1
- Car financed by employee 147 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 147 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 610
- Cancelled 355
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 338
- Cancelled 291
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 268
- Probiz 255
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 210
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 200
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 192
- Car leasing scheme 188