Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 393 9
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 234 7
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 24 1
- Scottish Independance 51 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 221 1
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 292 7
- Interest relief before property is rented out 165 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 305 12
- Dress code 936 22
- How much did you pay for your website 1,576 27
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 581 4
- Dividend 370 6
- FRS and Debtors 191 2
- What's in a name ? 579 6
- Helping out a friend 469 8
- Problem with CT600 return boxes AC229 & AC230 (Accelerated capital allowances) 242 7
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 415 5
- ACCA practice certificates 367 4
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,297 36
- Umbrella Companies 274 3
- CTA study material 740
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 458
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 308
- Employment related securities question 294
- AIM Stocks and IHT 268
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 240
- Expat pension contributions? 228
- Trust for Employee 225
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 139
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 121