Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Do you lose losses on cessation 322 10
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 93 2
- foreign income 94 1
- SA1 Online 45 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 67 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 79 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 331 9
- VAT recovery on company owned van used by employee with some personal use 84 1
- White van man 218 8
- Capital allowances offset rule 103 1
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 113 4
- Worried over stock value 128 1
- Start of letting business when property owner took lodgers prior to letting out 114 2
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,295 22
- Mortgage extended on a rental property 115 1
- Is there a risk in helping overseas companies that have no intention of doing business in the UK 197 5
- CGT on sale of Spanish property 165 3
- VAT on leased double cabs 86 1
- Backdate C79? 137 1
- Having a Jan blank moment 206 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 818
- Copy Wanted 542
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 497
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 480
- Latest phishing scam 335
- Entrepreneurs' relief 307
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 279
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 271
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 270
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 177