Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Unallocated client money 23 1
- Extracting funds from a failing Company 60 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 886 14
- Tick & Bash Bristol 502 8
- CG34 Post Transaction Valuation, CGT and Entrepreneurs Relief 128 7
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 123 2
- Can anyone recommend an EPOS system for a newsagents 190 2
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 147 5
- LLP ex-member not being paid accrued profits 97 4
- Luncheon vouchers - Class 1 NICs 140 4
- Quick Easy Quote 132 2
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 91 1
- Expenses Apps 107 1
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,888 37
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 81 1
- monthly payments 331 5
- Errors in prior year accounts 635 17
- Work experience - pay 164 1
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 106 1
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 291 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 594
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 467
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 364
- Sorry ignore me 362
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 293
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 274
- Cancelled 229
- Cancelled 200
- Bartercard 160
- C79 Discrepancy 159