Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Go Cardless 229 8
- business entertaining deductibility 79 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 741 17
- Self assessment tax arrears 76 2
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 876 51
- R & D 89 3
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 206 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 55 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 91 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 115 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 105 1
- New Business Registration 201 5
- Audit rules 130 3
- Hosted email exchange 116 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 131 1
- G P life time allowance 99 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 359 11
- Bringing money to Uk 202 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 114 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 105 2
- Xtuple 497
- Qtac payroll for bureau 332
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 276
- Industrial & Provident Societies 273
- Mehjoo 216
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 214
- New strategic report 168
- Domain name sale and limited company 154
- South African Government Pension 148
- CIS schemes 143