Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Proof of identification 26 1
- How much does the company pay 753 32
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 45 2
- Which tax returns can I submit? 61 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 284 5
- Using home as clients registered address 177 4
- Childcare vouchers 359 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 65 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 67 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 52 1
- two business from one premises 179 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 41 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 239 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 411 9
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 343 4
- Merry Christmas 118 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 81 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,090 12
- Anyone else still working this week? 422 13
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,431 9
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 507
- corporate hierarchy 470
- Advice - 325
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 275
- WWOOFers 265
- The booking.com con 248
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 244
- Cocaine anyone? 230
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 220
- UK State pension paid in NZ 177