Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 292 3
- Money Soft payroll 518 11
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 183 2
- Change of payroll software 405 10
- Director phone costs 263 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 325 8
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 343 7
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 198 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 145 4
- VAT surcharges and change of business entity 37 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,384 20
- Should I move back home away from my office? 505 10
- Property income in different capacities 146 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 270 6
- Contract Hire of Vans for Limited Company 98 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 423 10
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 169 1
- Scanners 191 4
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 250 3
- Payment plans for clients 175 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,180
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 800
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 494
- Digita Hosted Software 323
- Credit where credit's due....... 280
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 229
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 162
- how to object to registered company name... 146
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 142
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 130