Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,237 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 39 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 182 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 200 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 325 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 85 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 307 7
- Family Partnership 298 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 205 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 204 6
- Business trips - director and family 427 3
- Signed accounts for bank 676 15
- flat rate scheme 2,392 50
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 335 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 210 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 115 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 875 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 220 5
- VAT Query on new build 133 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 129 1