Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- IHT Query 431 10
- Audit and paypal balances 169 7
- Missing C79 150 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 483 16
- VAT margin scheme 263 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 295 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,726 17
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 95 1
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 123 2
- Get it off your chest 246 4
- Directors bonus 151 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 103 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 281 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 254 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 171 3
- break even point 1,120 33
- The return 794 27
- Sell business after leaving country 333 6
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 94 2
- Charity accounting 89 2
- Possible Partnership? 556
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 553
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 481
- New Fangled Penalties 354
- Clubs and Taxable Income 292
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 273
- Loans to other companies 219
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 211
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 178
- Outsource Data Entry 176