Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 139 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 171 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,210 35
- Mortgage Reference 525 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 225 7
- Insovent companies 880 19
- New Build 183 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,293 48
- BrightPay quirks 194 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 804 20
- Website Content 150 1
- Personal Tax 627 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 173 1
- USA Tax Query 297 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 436 5
- last minute request 652 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 347 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 384 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,739 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6