Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,121 40
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 108 4
- Seeking advice: Osetting Directors Loan at Startup 169 5
- Redundancy pay 258 7
- Software for Accounts layout 241 4
- Flat Rate VAT 110 4
- VAT Receipts 214 7
- Today's HMRC Business Help & Support SA302s 181 6
- Debt management unit HMRC 101 1
- How to report under-declaration on next VAT100? 94 1
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 167 4
- Company accounts for £350 889 26
- Mandatory Capitalisation 220 3
- Practice software 1,134 16
- A different accounts production software request 181 2
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,543 16
- Marriage Allowance Transfer 301 9
- new dividend allowance 347 5
- Identity Checks 323 8
- Allowable expenses on retal property 557 14
- FRS 101 Software 319
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 299
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 291
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 268
- French ConnectionUK 233
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 206
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 201
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 198
- APN's 183
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 177