Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Share swap 271 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 52 1
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 160 4
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 61 2
- Online filing 108 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 311 13
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 97 4
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,634 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 77 2
- Converting a barn for business use 68 1
- Was I rude 652 17
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 199 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 92 2
- Joint rental income 83 1
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 304 4
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 126 4
- Auto enrolment 378 6
- Inventory valuation of precious metals? 327 3
- Partnership to LLP - Capital Contribution 93 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 182 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,473
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 802
- Any views 722
- International interest certificate 442
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 412
- Sale of business 380
- NOVA 277
- IRIS Open Books problem 273
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 190
- Expenses claim for non employee 180