Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Cash injection by shareholder 111 3
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 268 8
- PRR 239 12
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 202 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,100 55
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 160 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,477 424
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 291 4
- corp tax software 347 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 439 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 465 7
- Which tax box 185 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 120 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 241 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 209 6
- References for clients 208 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 150 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 126 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 316 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 150 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,297
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 462
- National Insurance 360
- Non Resident 279
- Franchise income and costs 255
- Hands on experience of Digita 209
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 168
- Employer's Helpline 159
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 142