Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 144 3
- Company formation and bank account 263 8
- Next Move 517 13
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 654 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,542 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 542 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 395 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 198 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 394 8
- OneNote is fantastic 493 11
- VAT Direct Debit 359 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 442 8
- Self Assessment Software 686 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 436 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,356 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 265 11
- Owning overseas property 249 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 360 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 285 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 696 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 656
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 401
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 400
- Property letting & CAs 391
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 383
- 2015 tax year end 383
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 277
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 238
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230