Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 854 32
- Use of home deduction 502 15
- Copy Wanted 670 3
- Tax Relief on Bridging Loan 35 1
- Non resident income. 239 12
- Company dividends 393 12
- Self Assessment University Superannuation Scheme 62 1
- 11pm and having a blonde moment 93 2
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 181 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 532 21
- Software 333 8
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 403 6
- SA late payment penalty 186 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 297 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 112 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 111 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 122 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 131 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,422 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 268 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 855
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 548
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 514
- Latest phishing scam 406
- Entrepreneurs' relief 375
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 336
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 319
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 302
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 214
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 190