Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Sick pay 204 6
- Directors self assessment 87 2
- Employer's Helpline 204 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 68 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 173 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,742 70
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,537 501
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,072 8
- Undeclared rental income 346 6
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 927 27
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 113 2
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 258 5
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 293 10
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 241 6
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 440 20
- cross border vat 147 3
- Which profit figure to use 203 2
- Audit partner? 373 7
- home office expenses as a director 219 6
- Drop box Storage 941 9
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,409
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 537
- National Insurance 438
- Non Resident 328
- Hands on experience of Digita 257
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 246
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 163
- Umbrella pay services 140
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 121
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 120