Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- RTI Fees 293
- Where's our 10%? 268
- Driving sales growth 213
- CIS late registration 207
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 204
- EIS 202
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 192
- Break up basis accounting 187
- Accounts production software for business SSC 185
- Best structure 184
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 175
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 152
- Is commission on sales always vatable? 136
- Integrate accounts software with infusionsoft 134
- SEIS and DeMinimus Aid 133
- Property does not qualify for FHL, what is allowable? 119
- Employers NIC holiday paper application form 114
- Child benefit 111
- Trusts - loan to beneficiary 106
- National Insurance when leaving UK 104