Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Outsourcing Payroll 63 1
- sage 94 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 150 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,044 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 201 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 107 1
- FBI2 197 3
- Double entry 157 4
- Companies House 133 3
- Small house in garden 140 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 129 2
- Clients 917 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 285 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 140 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 270 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 309 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 128 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 517 11
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 169 3
- SAGE winforecast 250 1
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 537
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 466
- EPS and CIS deductions 327
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 310
- Construction CIS LLP Company 299
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 295
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 262
- Overdrawn director account 217
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 204
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 199