Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 662 5
- See you all on the other side 708 6
- 12Pay 473 2
- dividends 645 2
- R&D 333 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,194 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 444 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 427 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 382 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 551 5
- Seeking a tax case 655 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 513 4
- Companies house strike off 578 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 442 2
- Moving to the cloud 755 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 218 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 913 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 219 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,093 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 510 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 563
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 421
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 374
- IRIS and FRS 102 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 328
- USA help 318
- Marginal rates of tax 310
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 308
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 295
- Class 2 NI 288