Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 159 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,088 34
- Flat rate vat 180 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 176 5
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 72 1
- Coming in from the cold 339 3
- Splitting the tax year 164 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 199 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 170 4
- Submitting tax return 161 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 248 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 262 8
- Director's tax return 339 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 133 1
- Sage Payroll 318 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 212 6
- vat return 268 3
- Value pricing 738 26
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 252 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 296 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 306
- Free Tax Legislation? 274
- Director Loan account operation 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 252
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170