Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Class 2 NIC 245 5
- Account and Taxable Profit 258 14
- Probate services 426 9
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 366 7
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,700 37
- Accounting for corporation tax 181 5
- Vat payable on van 109 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,829 42
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 238 7
- Community Faux Pas 918 26
- Cash gift from India 108 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,306 40
- Windows10 171 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 622 24
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 470 25
- A thursday afternoon muse 227 2
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 384 6
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 872 5
- Unusual marketing methods for accountants 793 14
- An IT question 291 6
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 835
- Benchmark accounting software 691
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 328
- Oplex Careers CPD 321
- What are HMRC implying? 304
- VAT 257
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 248
- Payroll manager and the cloud 216
- Is the APN valid 196