Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 211 6
- CG34 Post Transaction Valuation, CGT and Entrepreneurs Relief 208 9
- change of office address 203 6
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 269 6
- Are Locum Optician Travel Costs Allowable? 209 3
- Furniture Rental Business 154 4
- Solicitor accounts 190 5
- Real names 1,343 41
- Illegal dividends 58 1
- Unallocated client money 304 8
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 167 3
- first year company tax return for a limited company 306 10
- SAGE V12 72 1
- Errors in prior year accounts 699 18
- What are options for non CA firm 1,858 32
- Expenses Apps 186 3
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 349 3
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 457 8
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 133 1
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 137 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 607
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 497
- Sorry ignore me 393
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 368
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 283
- Cancelled 254
- Cancelled 227
- Bartercard 183
- C79 Discrepancy 178
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 167