Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 122 1
- Regional Development Grant 64 4
- Sole trader hid directorships. 291 5
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,296 43
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,231 21
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 44 1
- Company car without a salary 159 2
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 351 10
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 244 9
- Charity donations 1,013 21
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 317 13
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 548 11
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 124 2
- VAT on finance leases 184 3
- More HMRC on gov.uk 574 10
- CONVERSION OF DIRECTOR LOAN INTO EQUITY 284 6
- Second Incomes Campaign 251 3
- Goods Purchased for Rental 697 34
- Professional Clearance 1,624 24
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 315 4
- NOVA 503
- Bonus Bonds 386
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 373
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 283
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 253
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 179
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 163
- Finance Lease 154
- Company Car Lease 152
- Form 42 145