Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- option to tax 174 1
- Share of profits from building society 27 1
- B2B vat in the EU 60 1
- VAT on deposits 173 1
- sage vat journal 52 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,570 44
- Coding Notice 70 1
- Free invoicing software 98 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 295 17
- New business - journal entries 217 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 540 15
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 241 7
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 159 2
- Capitalised professional fees - with no corresponding asset 401 4
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 666 17
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 343 4
- Trade name 91 1
- Resident Landlord Expenses 182 6
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 126 3
- Employee shareholder contracts 106 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 742
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 700
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 376
- Social investment tax relief 196
- Digita Hosted Software 189
- Call Centre Data Costs 186
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 150
- Travel costs and contractors 140
- Certificates of tax deposit 124
- Irish resident and UK tax 123