Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- FPS responses ... 191 7
- Late leaver notification 322 7
- Self explanatory? I hope so! 181 2
- CGT on transfer of shares to Holding company 103 3
- How to handle accidental overpayment into SIPP 132 1
- How does one compete? 406 7
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 877 15
- Should small companies be audited? 1,081 44
- semi retirement 293 4
- ATT Exam Question 248 6
- shareholder remuneration 268 9
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 323 3
- Where has Portia gone? 9,088 144
- proposed dividends 352 16
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 1,490 28
- Dividend and pension with no salary 438 4
- NICs and director salary if receiving pension 117 1
- Vat on solicitors charges 346 7
- What does PITA mean? 728 17
- VATable supplies 154 3
- Sanzar 474
- Digital marketing focus group 391
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 366
- Continuity Agreement 310
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 305
- Sainsbury's mangement 298
- Avanti Accounts 298
- Buyback 278
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 222
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 192