Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- SSAS Pension scheme 120 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 500 18
- Physiotherapy 191 3
- Inflation and fees 1,140 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 107 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 241 8
- CGT help please 91 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 321 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 86 2
- What happens when a customer with PPD pays late? 136 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 279 1
- Community Interest Company 124 3
- Redundancy Pay 413 5
- Advice please! 326 1
- Unusual marketing ideas for accountants 728 6
- Do we have to honour her notice? 622 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,285 21
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 113 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 362 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 597 13