Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Budget 2015 predictions 175 5
- Husband Wife let property 130 2
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 437 8
- Goodie bag 97 1
- Career in Practice 109 2
- Relevant life plan 338 8
- Limited Company expenses 368 8
- Physiotherapy And Vat 191 6
- Telemarketing 155 4
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 141 1
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 127 1
- New tax codes for ex-employees 176 3
- how to value rental space 95 3
- Directors loan - no longer a director 325 4
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 67 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 458 5
- Output tax for retailer 261 6
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 449 11
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,932 32
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 96 1
- Possible Partnership? 599
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 500
- New Fangled Penalties 406
- Clubs and Taxable Income 330
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 297
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 250
- Loans to other companies 243
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 211
- Outsource Data Entry 205
- Moving away from CCH software 199