Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 313 10
- HMRC Post 492 6
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 266 9
- Non VAT invoices 175 4
- Time to ditch Sage? 191 2
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 174 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,380 32
- Fees 209 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 248 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 211 2
- Form 17 Download 136 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 545 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 377 4
- HMRC Information notice 989 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 274 3
- Accountant Specialization. 383 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,759 42
- Sage Line 50 176 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 197 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 462 6
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 759
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 364
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 207
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 184
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 178