Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 995 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 230 2
- Dental practice incorpration 102 1
- Audit rules 147 4
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 219 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 801 20
- Go Cardless 254 8
- business entertaining deductibility 114 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 114 2
- R & D 100 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 69 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 106 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 147 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 138 1
- New Business Registration 209 5
- Hosted email exchange 128 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 145 1
- G P life time allowance 113 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 369 11
- Bringing money to Uk 214 3
- Xtuple 500
- Qtac payroll for bureau 333
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 277
- Industrial & Provident Societies 275
- Mehjoo 219
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 216
- New strategic report 169
- Domain name sale and limited company 156
- South African Government Pension 153
- CIS schemes 147