Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 802 21
- Scottish Independance 848 24
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 29 1
- Funding Circle experience 30 1
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 679 20
- Awkward IP 1,466 16
- New supplier 68 2
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 44 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 206 12
- Audit 357 9
- Buying a horse?? 278 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 203 4
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,108 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 967 11
- What's in a name ? 1,135 9
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 222 2
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 502 7
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 793 22
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,121 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 145 1
- CTA study material 791
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 489
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 439
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 274
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 271
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 211
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154