Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Lack of VAT Receipt 98 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 305 6
- Benefit in Kind 282 6
- Help with CGT please 61 2
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 313 17
- Will I need to resign? 925 11
- Cocaine anyone? 659 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 252 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 144 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 187 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 176 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 841 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 544 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 712 13
- Personal pension 444 9
- Business rates consultancy 269 4
- Wrong tax code 181 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 105 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 327 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,067 31
- Hive up 514
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 475
- corporate hierarchy 453
- Advice - 297
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 242
- WWOOFers 238
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 221
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 196
- The booking.com con 180
- UK State pension paid in NZ 168