Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Partnership returns software 110 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 815 18
- Tasks for new trainees 168 4
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 284 10
- VAT on garage rent 149 9
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 97 1
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 171 3
- Property scam victim 322 5
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 251 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 65 1
- Have i messed up? 757 11
- Are HMRC getting it right? 425 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 64 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 120 2
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 83 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 87 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 579 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 110 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,658 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 276 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,099
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 578
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 385
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 290
- Charge out rates in London? 246
- Interest on Loan to a Company 191
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 175
- Agent fees to sell business 166
- Alphabet shares 163
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 156