Is car Benefit in Kind 50% each when joint users?
A couple who are both directors and work equally in a limited company business contract hire a car through the company.
Can the BIK be split 50:50 between them?
They both take remuneration up to the top of the NI Employers' Earnings Threshold, so both have some surplus personal allowances that could be offset against the BIK.
Both drive the car.
If it can be split 50:50, would it make any difference in a slightly different situation where both were directors but one did the majority of the work in the company (i.e. one full time and one part time)?
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 234 5
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 926 15
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 72 1
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 223 6
- Best time software for small practice? 159 1
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 439 17
- Vat threshold issues 429 10
- Sale of an investment between group companies 155 7
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,095 41
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 442 9
- Gift to employee 285 5
- Residents Association Corp Tax 291 12
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 373 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,030 21
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,967 27
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 312 1
- Unquoted company valuation multiples 112 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 279 6
- private to company car? 318 6
- Question re Career choice... 1,518 9
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 465
- CTA study material 447
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 319
- Pre incorp expenses 298
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 255
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 245
- Slight twist on employment related securities 222
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 210
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 198
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 141