Car fraud...tax implications
A client purchased a car from a seemingly reputable company via a bank transfer for £9,000. It seems she has been the victim of a scam , although she received an invoice the car and money seems to have disappeared.
She intended to use the car for business (with say 15% private use deduction).
If she never sees her money or car again how if at all should she treat the loss for tax purposes.
1. If we establish the car did exist could we claim £9,000 addition less disposal £0 = £9,000 balancing allowance then deduct private proportion.
2. If the car didn't exist , could we still claim the above treatment given the fact she had an invoice and purchased the "car" in good faith?
3. If not is their a specific deduction for fraud or any other way to get relief.
- Love is in the air 161 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,639 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 235 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 328 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 373 5
- Client Paperwork Retention? 484 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 121 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 514 1
- Paying Son 621 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 336 7
- HMRC accounting 247 3
- Employers NI allowance 440 6
- Dividend taxation 252 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 156 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 177 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 149 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 437 4
- iris update 11.9.2 445 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 271 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 682 8
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 273
- CGT for NOn UK residents 269
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 256
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 242
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 228
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 208
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 186