Car fraud...tax implications
A client purchased a car from a seemingly reputable company via a bank transfer for £9,000. It seems she has been the victim of a scam , although she received an invoice the car and money seems to have disappeared.
She intended to use the car for business (with say 15% private use deduction).
If she never sees her money or car again how if at all should she treat the loss for tax purposes.
1. If we establish the car did exist could we claim £9,000 addition less disposal £0 = £9,000 balancing allowance then deduct private proportion.
2. If the car didn't exist , could we still claim the above treatment given the fact she had an invoice and purchased the "car" in good faith?
3. If not is their a specific deduction for fraud or any other way to get relief.
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 90 2
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 188 7
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 233 8
- Payroo Employer allowance query 240 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 358 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 114 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 173 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 298 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 131 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 439 5
- Director's tax return 386 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 173 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,117 34
- Flat rate vat 215 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 188 5
- Coming in from the cold 369 3
- Splitting the tax year 183 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 217 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 184 4
- Submitting tax return 223 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 813
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 562
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 429
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 311
- Free Tax Legislation? 285
- Director Loan account operation 264
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 254
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 252
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 233
- Paye procedures for CVA 171