Car fraud...tax implications
A client purchased a car from a seemingly reputable company via a bank transfer for £9,000. It seems she has been the victim of a scam , although she received an invoice the car and money seems to have disappeared.
She intended to use the car for business (with say 15% private use deduction).
If she never sees her money or car again how if at all should she treat the loss for tax purposes.
1. If we establish the car did exist could we claim £9,000 addition less disposal £0 = £9,000 balancing allowance then deduct private proportion.
2. If the car didn't exist , could we still claim the above treatment given the fact she had an invoice and purchased the "car" in good faith?
3. If not is their a specific deduction for fraud or any other way to get relief.
- 5th April 272 9
- Company buy back of shares from directors 199 11
- Please tell me what to do!! 323 8
- VAT on exports to EU 79 1
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,985 33
- Cash basis 137 5
- Cash basis 796 28
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 277 2
- Investor exit 249 4
- client threatening legal action 2,312 31
- When & How much of Income to recognise 139 2
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 238 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 346 14
- Undeclared rental income 2,589 23
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 574 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 335 9
- Rental income 160 2
- s455 Directors loan 218 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 76 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,195 8
- Skandia using wrong address 612
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 327
- Employee rewards 310
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 275
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 239
- Etax Australian 200
- LLP in Construction Industry 165
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 153
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 141
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 137