Career change possible ?
I am new to this forum but would be grateful for some advice/tips from people working in accounts.
I am in my early 30's looking to take up a career in accountancy but having come from a sales background I lack experience working within accounts, to help with this I am studying for my AAT qualification via distance learning( currently finished level 3 and about to start on level 4). From peoples experience is this a good entry route into the profession ? Having applied for various positions the biggest hurdle seems to be my lack of actual work experience in this area, just wandering if anybody has any ideas regarding gaining the practical experience ? I have written to the majority of Accounts firms in my local area without success and also enquired about voluntary work with local companies but again with little success.
Any suggestions would be helpful !
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 123 3
- flat rate scheme 1,924 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 269 2
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 128 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 636 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 142 3
- Company Share Buy Back 137 2
- Charitable Payment 207 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 939 15
- Unpaid share capital 258 3
- Company car in the LLP 192 2
- Physiotherapy 344 4
- New build property to be rented 188 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,886 52
- Hello 362 2
- Sage 200 question 127 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 120 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 197 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 198 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 229 4