Career change possible ?
I am new to this forum but would be grateful for some advice/tips from people working in accounts.
I am in my early 30's looking to take up a career in accountancy but having come from a sales background I lack experience working within accounts, to help with this I am studying for my AAT qualification via distance learning( currently finished level 3 and about to start on level 4). From peoples experience is this a good entry route into the profession ? Having applied for various positions the biggest hurdle seems to be my lack of actual work experience in this area, just wandering if anybody has any ideas regarding gaining the practical experience ? I have written to the majority of Accounts firms in my local area without success and also enquired about voluntary work with local companies but again with little success.
Any suggestions would be helpful !
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 549 12
- Personal Tax 443 11
- Xerocon 2016 947 19
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 144 4
- USA Tax Query 108 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,644 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 925 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 165 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 218 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 582 18
- Corrupt Excel File 670 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 338 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,960 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,167 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 282 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 378 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 137 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 255 4
- last minute request 469 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,247 46