I am hoping that I might be able to get some advice about a complete career change and to find out if I am crazy for even considering this. I am 31, graduated with a 2ii in German and have worked in comms in public sector for the last six years. I recently became a dad for the first time and my priorities have changed significantly. When I think where I might be in five years time if I continue in my current career, it doesn't fill me with any confidence. So, I've been thinking about what I might be able to do to be in a better position in five years time. Am I mad for considering accoutancy, or with work and dedication I suppose the questions that I am looking for answers to are:
1. Is this a pipe dream?
2. Can I begin training as a chartered accountant without working for an accountancy firm or in some sort of accounts job?
3. In my brief research to date I have noticed there are lots different qualifications - which is best suited to someone changing career
4. Is my age and previous lack of experience/interest a big obstacle?
I really hope someone can help me shed some light on this.
- flat rate scheme 818 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 572 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 111 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 236 1
- CIS online 160 3
- Class IV NIC 164 3
- bookkeeping system 194 4
- Company van paid by director 109 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,566 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 252 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 128 3
- Private company division 96 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 303 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 639 7
- Split year treatment ? 119 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 277 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 109 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 209 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 250 3
- Special dividends & CGT 311 2