I am hoping that I might be able to get some advice about a complete career change and to find out if I am crazy for even considering this. I am 31, graduated with a 2ii in German and have worked in comms in public sector for the last six years. I recently became a dad for the first time and my priorities have changed significantly. When I think where I might be in five years time if I continue in my current career, it doesn't fill me with any confidence. So, I've been thinking about what I might be able to do to be in a better position in five years time. Am I mad for considering accoutancy, or with work and dedication I suppose the questions that I am looking for answers to are:
1. Is this a pipe dream?
2. Can I begin training as a chartered accountant without working for an accountancy firm or in some sort of accounts job?
3. In my brief research to date I have noticed there are lots different qualifications - which is best suited to someone changing career
4. Is my age and previous lack of experience/interest a big obstacle?
I really hope someone can help me shed some light on this.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,087 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 125 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 600 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 118 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 119 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 168 1
- How to deal with prior year error 166 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 536 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,342 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,050 20
- Tax Calculations 657 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 414 4
- Exemption from CGT 246 2
- VAT Registration 252 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 444 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 348 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 196 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26