Carry back of sole trader losses | AccountingWEB

Carry back of sole trader losses

I have got a sole trader client who has made a loss for 2011 - 2012, and I want to set this against profits of 2010 - 2011.  I have entered the figure in box 78 of self-employment pages together with the adjusted profit figure for 2010 - 2011 in box 102.

Do I need to do anything else - like write to HMRC??  Or will the mere fact that there is an entry in box 78 trigger the necessary adjustments from their end?

Thank you for your help - it is only Monday and my brain seems fried already :-)



There are 2 comments. Login or register to view them.

Box 14

James Hellyer |
James Hellyer's picture


claudialowe |