CAs on car that had private use then was 100% business
Can someone remind me what to do about this please?
A taxi driver has had his car for four years; it was 80% business for two years then 100% business for two years because he bought another car for private use. It's still sitting in its single asset column in my comps. He sold it in 10/11 and there is a residual unclaimed value of about £2500 (potential balancing allowance) to deal with. Should I have t/f it to the general P&M pool back when the usage changed? Or can I claim the balancing allowance (adjusted for historic private ppn?) now on the basis that it should still be in its single asset pool due to historic usage?
Thanks for any help on this.
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 508 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 131 3
- Personal Tax 718 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 139 2
- Stumped - IHT 104 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 405 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 468 11
- Tips on meals 141 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,280 33
- Credit management tools 116 1
- property capital gains 121 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 380 7
- CGT and primary residence 163 1
- Marriage Allowance 255 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,148 12
- S455 and February year ends 314 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 886 18
- Closing down loss-making company 451 5
- S.455 Tax again 285 3