Cash Accounting for VAT
We switched to the Cash Accounting scheme a couple of years ago to help with cash flow.
Can anyone tell me on what basis sales should be recorded in the accounts. I am AAT qualified and my understanding was that the general accounting principle was on an accruals basis - does this change because we are using the Cash Accounting scheme?
Thanks in advance.
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 982 27
- Inflation and fees 1,306 24
- Sage Priority Support 142 3
- incorrect old p60 251 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 127 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 801 24
- Micro-entity accounts 90 1
- Related party disclosure 147 3
- Company reconstruction 75 1
- Missing tax return 260 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 210 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 105 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 140 1
- Advice please! 388 2
- VAT on new builds 158 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 123 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 351 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,945 28
- Redundancy Pay 447 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 738 6