Cash Accounting for VAT
We switched to the Cash Accounting scheme a couple of years ago to help with cash flow.
Can anyone tell me on what basis sales should be recorded in the accounts. I am AAT qualified and my understanding was that the general accounting principle was on an accruals basis - does this change because we are using the Cash Accounting scheme?
Thanks in advance.
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 31 1
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 705 9
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 148 3
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 944 22
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,664 49
- Allocation of income from property 376 11
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 110 1
- bookkeeping system 311 5
- Outstanding Loans 86 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 176 5
- Business trips - director and family 121 1
- Company van paid by director 189 2
- Private company division 196 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 235 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 376 9
- US share sale - income or capital 100 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,424 12
- flat rate scheme 1,147 30
- Capital allowances on residential property? 158 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 248 2