Cash Accounting for VAT
We switched to the Cash Accounting scheme a couple of years ago to help with cash flow.
Can anyone tell me on what basis sales should be recorded in the accounts. I am AAT qualified and my understanding was that the general accounting principle was on an accruals basis - does this change because we are using the Cash Accounting scheme?
Thanks in advance.
- TaxCalc Accounts production 123 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 371 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 209 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 403 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 79 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,363 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 391 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 580 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 189 2
- Old CGT loss 213 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 191 3
- Paper tax return 161 4
- Start up allowance? 385 12
- Will I need to resign? 212 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 250 3
- AIA or IFA 460 7
- Surely not? 467 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 646 9
- Late Registration for VAT 370 11