CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- Car benefit or not? 2,488 25
- substantial shareholding exemption 136 1
- Land Registry 375 5
- Sole Trader or Ltd Company 201 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,714 24
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 468 9
- Large director's pension contribution 553 8
- Credit for price reduction - Inventory write down effect 87 1
- Company car and the new dividend tax rules 257 4
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 346 12
- Appropriate mileage allowance rate for privately leased car 94 3
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 173 5
- Company Structure 625 16
- Non reporting RTI - penalties 479 8
- Best software for small practice? 741 21
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,803 40
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 327 7
- Best Auto Enrollment Provider for clients DIY 177 6
- Cloud-based email services? 726 13
- Disclosure of client assets under IFRS 106 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 787
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 280
- DTA tie-breaker issue 274
- CGT for NOn UK residents 237
- Apprenticeship Levy 213
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 202
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 196
- Just checking re PSA 189
- Capital Gains personal representatives 186