CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 402 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 639 16
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 307 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 84 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 79 1
- VAT on new builds 70 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 82 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,765 26
- Missing tax return 110 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 897 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 262 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 137 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 532 18
- Physiotherapy 217 3
- Inflation and fees 1,186 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 138 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 262 8
- CGT help please 126 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 332 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 106 2