CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- Why do I do this every year 268 7
- HMRC filing meltdown? 404 13
- Childcare voucher schemes 237 9
- IHT and US resident 26 1
- What sectors to target? 571 29
- closing limited company 104 1
- Limited Companies Merger 200 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 127 1
- Practice management 369 7
- IHT and cash gifts 236 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 494 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,569 42
- Capital allowances in first basis period 241 1
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 219 18
- eBay trading 223 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 255 10
- Self assesment online 919 10
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 1,128 46
- childcare 114 3
- Rent a room scheme query. 144 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 922
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 641
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 592
- Latest phishing scam 572
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 407
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 306
- Scratch Head 231
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 225
- Sabbatical payments 192
- Negligible Value Claim 167