CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- Ltd company or sole trader 41 1
- Insolvent Liquidation 104 1
- insolvency ip control 155 1
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 299 3
- Free Agent data? 86 1
- Generic PAYE notices 71 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 124 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 514 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 535 12
- Fee protection 88 1
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 114 3
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 72 1
- UK company avoiding tax 182 2
- Finland 76 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 962 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 168 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 505 8
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,199 40
- reconcile Invoice finance bank statement on sage 106 1
- Closing Limited Company 383 10
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- South African Government Pension 136