CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 138 2
- Merging my businesses 193 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 558 19
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 58 1
- Where has Portia gone? 1,962 66
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 355 8
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 457 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 331 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 326 1
- Holiday entitlement 576 11
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 191 4
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 474 12
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 319 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 138 1
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 144 2
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 926 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 225 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 210 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 425 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 358 9
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 791
- RTI - duplicate employee record 554
- Pensions Regulator 450
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 410
- Sanzar 313
- Portia ... Where art thou 303
- Digital marketing focus group 297
- How do you do it 292
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 270
- Report old income 241