CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- Can't read my handwriting 56 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,425 65
- RTI Payroll for director of a limited company (no other employees) 32 1
- cross border vat 19 1
- PPR posers 85 1
- Allocating Partnership Profit Loss and offseting loss against general income 110 5
- revers sales receipt 87 4
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,835 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,325 459
- Transfer shares to son 137 5
- What accounting software is there for Irish Accounts? 239 3
- Shares received in return for services rendered 82 1
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 462 5
- Overnight subsistence 80 1
- 100% Xero practice 2,653 50
- Franchise income and costs 291 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 272 3
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 624 11
- Devolved HMRC? 179 2
- capital gains on PPR 374 18
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,334
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 492
- National Insurance 379
- Non Resident 305
- Hands on experience of Digita 228
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 199
- Employer's Helpline 175
- employment capital allowances 169
- CIS paid under reg 9 165
- Use of home expenses Rent calculation 165