CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- New Employers Helpline 110 2
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 206 5
- Overlap relief 711 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,251 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 167 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 174 4
- VAT Query 159 2
- Sacked my first client 608 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 397 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 208 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,250 24
- Share transfer question 249 9
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 609 11
- Trades and deadlines 130 3
- How to pay national insurance 646 18
- New Website Look 1,071 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 258 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 224 5
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 168 4
- Marketing and email surprises 350 7
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 424
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 418
- WIP Software 285
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 283
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 218
- No payroll scheme in place 216
- Software recommendations 195
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 195
- Is there anything wrong with this? 188
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 183