CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- Aquisition Value 64 3
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 343 8
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 407 12
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 109 4
- Dividends 225 3
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 772 13
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 64 2
- Collecting cash on behalf of another business 126 4
- Unpaid Fee's 123 5
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,232 11
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 159 4
- Limited Company trading status. 156 3
- Alphabet shares dividend paperwork 75 1
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 280 1
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 176 2
- How much to charge? 612 9
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 211 3
- Network marketing client - how does it work? 212 6
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 722 4
- cold file reviewer needed 129 1
- Possible Partnership? 500
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 479
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 455
- New Fangled Penalties 290
- Clubs and Taxable Income 254
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 251
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 240
- Loans to other companies 187
- Tasbook email configuration 176
- Accomodation and travel 170