CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- VAT online filing exemptions 184 3
- Deduction from Salary 229 7
- Sole properietor 37 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 74 1
- Redudancy 33 1
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 40 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 463 13
- VAT - Recharge 75 2
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 344 4
- transitioning payroll 165 4
- Legal title not in the company name 189 9
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,594 59
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 160 3
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,749 30
- Car financed by employee 192 2
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 132 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 625 16
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 162 3
- Dividend payment date 2,199 37
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 186 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 360
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 305
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 278
- Probiz 268
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 224
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 200
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 170