CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- letter of reference 216 4
- Staff 203 4
- Software for Accounts layout 396 8
- Income prior to company formation 367 10
- rental property, pre letting costs 171 4
- VAT on farm machinery sold 369 7
- Non-resident company director 116 2
- are we that stupid 971 21
- Looking to move my email from PC to cloud 168 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 746 13
- Can this be done? 201 1
- Capital Allowance & AIA 138 1
- Foster Care 141 1
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 355 5
- Flexible report structure in cloud accounting 110 1
- Self Assessment penalties again 313 3
- Flat Management Company 222 1
- Share structure questions - close company 198 2
- Roll old capital gain into current one or declare separately? 184 4
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 353 5
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 331
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 287
- French ConnectionUK 268
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 252
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 218
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 218
- CentreCRM - anybody using it? 163
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 156
- E-mailing customer invoices in VT Transaction+ 155
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 149