CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- How much of your work is admin? 1,117 10
- Cocaine anyone? 185 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,476 22
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 839 26
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 278 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 467 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 255 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 331 11
- Tax return software for remote working 483 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 557 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 452 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 451 9
- How to purchase business premises? 175 2
- Will I need to resign? 839 10
- Childcare vouchers 192 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 276 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 300 6
- VAT avoidance? 243 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 197 3
- PAYE coding out 209 3
- Hive up 476
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 439
- corporate hierarchy 416
- Advice - 249
- Amortisation of Goodwill 224
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 209
- WWOOFers 205
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 193
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 184
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 181