CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- ACCA practice certificates 48 1
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 186 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,084 32
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 165 2
- What would you do in this situation? 684 14
- Dress code 507 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 522 16
- Project being run jointly 214 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 320 4
- Companies House 617 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 376 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 741 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,454 25
- Help Required 432 10
- directors control and tax problems 327 5
- Fastest Software 812 13
- What's in a name ? 418 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 333 4
- Bulk Invoicing 200 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 196 3
- CTA study material 718
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 441
- Employment related securities question 278
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 271
- AIM Stocks and IHT 256
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 234
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 219
- Expat pension contributions? 208
- Trust for Employee 205
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 190