CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 134 5
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 321 7
- Enforcing A CCJ 313 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 154 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 274 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 110 2
- Director's tax return 363 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 168 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,097 34
- Flat rate vat 193 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 182 5
- Coming in from the cold 351 3
- Splitting the tax year 170 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 207 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 175 4
- Submitting tax return 188 1
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 266 8
- Sage Payroll 319 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 212 6
- vat return 272 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 807
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 307
- Free Tax Legislation? 275
- Director Loan account operation 260
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170