CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- Best way to draw a salary? 685 12
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 179 4
- PI cover 237 4
- VAT and customer entertaining 214 2
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 938 15
- VAT - How hard is it? 731 26
- Profit split from an investment property 161 6
- The importance of Grammar 1,310 39
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,416 39
- supply teachers working through Ltd co 115 1
- Hold on a minute (pun intended) 1,257 10
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 145 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 274 6
- tax saving on card points 240 6
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 262 9
- Scissors 885 24
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 440 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 462 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 266 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 131 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 372
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 321
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 307
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 297
- Electric Car 250
- S222 Charge 218
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 214
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 201
- Company Structure 197
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 165