CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- Personal Allowance for non residents 331 9
- Dormant company or not? 277 13
- VAT: option to tax 77 1
- VAT - Land Related Services 79 1
- Vat 20 1
- Best form of debt recovery 135 3
- Backdating VAT claim 14 1
- WIP recognition for builders 362 8
- Do I need to keep subscribing to CIMA post qualification? 265 15
- Share Valuation 27 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,049 9
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 141 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 82 2
- Share Issue 204 1
- Payment of Capital from and LLP and Corporate member 138 11
- Client avoiding UK Tax. 742 23
- PAYE/NI due date? 139 2
- repairs and/or improvements 105 2
- To Do List 1,518 31
- Farm Partnership 89 1
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 654
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 515
- Auto enrolment excuses 463
- Removed post 368
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 343
- Social investment tax relief 159
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 152
- Call Centre Data Costs 152
- Digita Hosted Software 138
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 129