CCS Collect Debt Collectors
One of my client's has passed on to me a request for payment, from CCS Collect -Debt Collectors. So far, so good?
The request suggests that HMRC has "authorised them (CCS) to recover amounts due" and that "you will have already received notification of this under separate cover".
Firstly, an advance notification has not been received by my client from HMRC explaining what the situation is and, secondly, on trying to speak with a CCS Collect representative, I was advised that I would need my client's authority. When I explained that I held my client's authority to deal with HMRC directly, the operator pointed out that they would need to speak with my client, before they could continue with the conversation.
The inference is that I am no longer automatically entitled to provide my client with a service in dealing with related HMRC matters.
Yet again another piece of mismanagement in the HMRC hierarchy and, once again, the " poachers" are expected to pick up the tab for the lost time and inconvenience. "Working together" - I ask you.
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 157 9
- signature required 374 16
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 87 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 165 2
- Homing sandwiches 320 9
- Related Party Transactions 88 2
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 132 4
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 63 1
- UK resident receiving USA pension 40 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 452 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 749 13
- More AE! 748 17
- Web sites 229 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 591 13
- Dispensation 167 3
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 499 14
- South African family trust and UK resident beneficiary 99 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 300 3
- Late Filing and Late Registration Penalty 266 3
- Capitalising purchased software 126 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,228
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 510
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 305
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 183
- TheTax Donut 172
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 155
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 155