CCS Collect final demand
I am inviting commentsto a letter I sent to HMRC, after being shocked by a final demand for £800 from CCS Collect.I retired in 2005 and have always received a pension below the taxable rate. I believe the final demand arises from around the period of 2005 when pension payments and final salary payments overlap etc.It may include some penalty charges of which I am unaware.
I have always paid my taxes through the PAYE system, and the dept. of Works and Pensions have had any current addresses for correspondence since my retirement. I need to know where any previous claim/demand was sent, as I never received them, yet by some miracle a final demand for £800 was produced by a corporate agency known as CCS Collection and received by myself 25/04/2012.
There is no explanation or breakdown of how this sum was reached or the tax year or period to which it refers. If you can send me a copy of the first and original claim/demand, sent out prior to the final demand from the collection agency, I can take steps to resolve the matter without prejudice.I require assurance from HMRC that the CCS Collection letter either is, or is not designed to be misleading and to cause maximum distress to myself, the recipient.
I don't own or rent the above property or the fixtures and fittings therin, and any threats of distraint against a third party's goods is clearly designed to cause alarm and distress to my daughter who resides in the property with her family. Your agent's course of conduct may breachs.40 of the Administration of Justice Act and be subject to clauses in the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997 as my daughter is not connected to this matter.
Correspondence by letter and electonic means eg. emails is the correct course of conduct in this matter.
I will disseminate details of rhe case and extracts of all relevant correspondence from HMRC and CCS Collect for discussion by interested parties.
I hope for a speedy response by e-mail or letter....end.
It's of concern that the ease with which personal data is passed to private contractors is not challenged enough, and phrases like reform and efficiency are used by politicians of all persuasions in connivance with the process.By making govt. depts to appear less competent, they sanction the privatisation route as the solution. HNRC exists to fulfill a role, whereas CCS Collect and other agencies exist to turn a profit.
I share other contributors concerns that we are witnessing the almost impercectible withdrawal of an individuals means or ability to gain access to a legal/lawful jurisdiction and an imposition of Human rights legislation which appears to have equal authority to Health and Safety guidlines.
It's possible to have the same Human rights whichever side of the cell door you happen to be on, but no guarantee to a lawful/legal jurisdiction if you are on the wrong side of the cell door. Therin lies the contradiction of box ticking Human rights replacing access to due process and the benefit of doubt etc.
I'm sorry for going off the point, and welcome comments, hostile or otherwise, and hope the site keeps up the good work.
- CGT history of shares 175 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 136 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 169 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 332 6
- CGT on sale of let property 111 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 175 2
- how do i get UTR 138 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 85 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 235 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 410 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 128 1
- Your comments please 314 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 189 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 123 2
- EIS 196 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 128 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 114 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 125 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 725 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 204 1
- Moving away from CCH software 966
- QROP pension input amounts 450
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 395
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 380
- fraud 303
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 278
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 243
- Construction CIS LLP Company 228
- EPS and CIS deductions 221
- Out of time or not? 207