CCS Collect final demand
I am inviting commentsto a letter I sent to HMRC, after being shocked by a final demand for £800 from CCS Collect.I retired in 2005 and have always received a pension below the taxable rate. I believe the final demand arises from around the period of 2005 when pension payments and final salary payments overlap etc.It may include some penalty charges of which I am unaware.
I have always paid my taxes through the PAYE system, and the dept. of Works and Pensions have had any current addresses for correspondence since my retirement. I need to know where any previous claim/demand was sent, as I never received them, yet by some miracle a final demand for £800 was produced by a corporate agency known as CCS Collection and received by myself 25/04/2012.
There is no explanation or breakdown of how this sum was reached or the tax year or period to which it refers. If you can send me a copy of the first and original claim/demand, sent out prior to the final demand from the collection agency, I can take steps to resolve the matter without prejudice.I require assurance from HMRC that the CCS Collection letter either is, or is not designed to be misleading and to cause maximum distress to myself, the recipient.
I don't own or rent the above property or the fixtures and fittings therin, and any threats of distraint against a third party's goods is clearly designed to cause alarm and distress to my daughter who resides in the property with her family. Your agent's course of conduct may breachs.40 of the Administration of Justice Act and be subject to clauses in the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997 as my daughter is not connected to this matter.
Correspondence by letter and electonic means eg. emails is the correct course of conduct in this matter.
I will disseminate details of rhe case and extracts of all relevant correspondence from HMRC and CCS Collect for discussion by interested parties.
I hope for a speedy response by e-mail or letter....end.
It's of concern that the ease with which personal data is passed to private contractors is not challenged enough, and phrases like reform and efficiency are used by politicians of all persuasions in connivance with the process.By making govt. depts to appear less competent, they sanction the privatisation route as the solution. HNRC exists to fulfill a role, whereas CCS Collect and other agencies exist to turn a profit.
I share other contributors concerns that we are witnessing the almost impercectible withdrawal of an individuals means or ability to gain access to a legal/lawful jurisdiction and an imposition of Human rights legislation which appears to have equal authority to Health and Safety guidlines.
It's possible to have the same Human rights whichever side of the cell door you happen to be on, but no guarantee to a lawful/legal jurisdiction if you are on the wrong side of the cell door. Therin lies the contradiction of box ticking Human rights replacing access to due process and the benefit of doubt etc.
I'm sorry for going off the point, and welcome comments, hostile or otherwise, and hope the site keeps up the good work.
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 468 15
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 243 10
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 261 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 512 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 794 19
- Flat rate vat error 284 6
- can I claim a per diem 215 4
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 139 3
- Linux Accounting Software 549 13
- RTI due -no broadband 125 1
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 468 12
- Shareholders selling shares to shareholders, how to account for it? 86 1
- Is Hold over relief available? 106 4
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 877 10
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,199 27
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 396 8
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 227 5
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 432 8
- Business Christmas Greetings 873 17
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 498 11
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 817
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 500
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 314
- How to format a stock book 279
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 223
- Tax efficient holding company structure 217
- Investment property company accounts template 212
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 207
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 179
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 176