CCS Collect final demand
I am inviting commentsto a letter I sent to HMRC, after being shocked by a final demand for £800 from CCS Collect.I retired in 2005 and have always received a pension below the taxable rate. I believe the final demand arises from around the period of 2005 when pension payments and final salary payments overlap etc.It may include some penalty charges of which I am unaware.
I have always paid my taxes through the PAYE system, and the dept. of Works and Pensions have had any current addresses for correspondence since my retirement. I need to know where any previous claim/demand was sent, as I never received them, yet by some miracle a final demand for £800 was produced by a corporate agency known as CCS Collection and received by myself 25/04/2012.
There is no explanation or breakdown of how this sum was reached or the tax year or period to which it refers. If you can send me a copy of the first and original claim/demand, sent out prior to the final demand from the collection agency, I can take steps to resolve the matter without prejudice.I require assurance from HMRC that the CCS Collection letter either is, or is not designed to be misleading and to cause maximum distress to myself, the recipient.
I don't own or rent the above property or the fixtures and fittings therin, and any threats of distraint against a third party's goods is clearly designed to cause alarm and distress to my daughter who resides in the property with her family. Your agent's course of conduct may breachs.40 of the Administration of Justice Act and be subject to clauses in the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997 as my daughter is not connected to this matter.
Correspondence by letter and electonic means eg. emails is the correct course of conduct in this matter.
I will disseminate details of rhe case and extracts of all relevant correspondence from HMRC and CCS Collect for discussion by interested parties.
I hope for a speedy response by e-mail or letter....end.
It's of concern that the ease with which personal data is passed to private contractors is not challenged enough, and phrases like reform and efficiency are used by politicians of all persuasions in connivance with the process.By making govt. depts to appear less competent, they sanction the privatisation route as the solution. HNRC exists to fulfill a role, whereas CCS Collect and other agencies exist to turn a profit.
I share other contributors concerns that we are witnessing the almost impercectible withdrawal of an individuals means or ability to gain access to a legal/lawful jurisdiction and an imposition of Human rights legislation which appears to have equal authority to Health and Safety guidlines.
It's possible to have the same Human rights whichever side of the cell door you happen to be on, but no guarantee to a lawful/legal jurisdiction if you are on the wrong side of the cell door. Therin lies the contradiction of box ticking Human rights replacing access to due process and the benefit of doubt etc.
I'm sorry for going off the point, and welcome comments, hostile or otherwise, and hope the site keeps up the good work.
- Capital gains tax and PPR 121 2
- Badges of trade 54 1
- online accounts and timesheets 56 2
- P11D & tax return 312 11
- Member meet up 1 October in London 361 9
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 228 7
- Identify cost savings 234 6
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 472 7
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 164 2
- Jobs after completing ACCA 164 2
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 608 11
- are these allowable deductions? 163 1
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,685 20
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 580 12
- Option To Tax - VAT on residential sales? 100 1
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 147 3
- Can Guernsey company have same name as mine 428 7
- Schedule A losses 159 1
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 217 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 843 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 439
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 394
- Electric Car 336
- S222 Charge 272
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 242
- AIA 217
- IP trans to holding company 210
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 210
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 172
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 165