CCS Collect final demand
I am inviting commentsto a letter I sent to HMRC, after being shocked by a final demand for £800 from CCS Collect.I retired in 2005 and have always received a pension below the taxable rate. I believe the final demand arises from around the period of 2005 when pension payments and final salary payments overlap etc.It may include some penalty charges of which I am unaware.
I have always paid my taxes through the PAYE system, and the dept. of Works and Pensions have had any current addresses for correspondence since my retirement. I need to know where any previous claim/demand was sent, as I never received them, yet by some miracle a final demand for £800 was produced by a corporate agency known as CCS Collection and received by myself 25/04/2012.
There is no explanation or breakdown of how this sum was reached or the tax year or period to which it refers. If you can send me a copy of the first and original claim/demand, sent out prior to the final demand from the collection agency, I can take steps to resolve the matter without prejudice.I require assurance from HMRC that the CCS Collection letter either is, or is not designed to be misleading and to cause maximum distress to myself, the recipient.
I don't own or rent the above property or the fixtures and fittings therin, and any threats of distraint against a third party's goods is clearly designed to cause alarm and distress to my daughter who resides in the property with her family. Your agent's course of conduct may breachs.40 of the Administration of Justice Act and be subject to clauses in the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997 as my daughter is not connected to this matter.
Correspondence by letter and electonic means eg. emails is the correct course of conduct in this matter.
I will disseminate details of rhe case and extracts of all relevant correspondence from HMRC and CCS Collect for discussion by interested parties.
I hope for a speedy response by e-mail or letter....end.
It's of concern that the ease with which personal data is passed to private contractors is not challenged enough, and phrases like reform and efficiency are used by politicians of all persuasions in connivance with the process.By making govt. depts to appear less competent, they sanction the privatisation route as the solution. HNRC exists to fulfill a role, whereas CCS Collect and other agencies exist to turn a profit.
I share other contributors concerns that we are witnessing the almost impercectible withdrawal of an individuals means or ability to gain access to a legal/lawful jurisdiction and an imposition of Human rights legislation which appears to have equal authority to Health and Safety guidlines.
It's possible to have the same Human rights whichever side of the cell door you happen to be on, but no guarantee to a lawful/legal jurisdiction if you are on the wrong side of the cell door. Therin lies the contradiction of box ticking Human rights replacing access to due process and the benefit of doubt etc.
I'm sorry for going off the point, and welcome comments, hostile or otherwise, and hope the site keeps up the good work.
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 959 29
- You know its over 347 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 493 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 221 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 177 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 162 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 253 3
- Cocaine anyone? 516 8
- Late Registration for VAT 492 13
- EIS/SEIS 146 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 278 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 419 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 426 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 722 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 557 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 593 4
- Personal pension 403 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 223 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,220 11
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 178 3
- Hive up 492
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 458
- corporate hierarchy 440
- Advice - 273
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 227
- WWOOFers 218
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 209
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 203
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 183
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 176