CG on sale of property abroad?
My customer has purchased a land abroad and later built a property on this land. Now he wants to sell it for £100k and use it as a deposit in a purchase of property in UK. As he does not own any other properties in UK, he will use this one as his permanent house.
It is difficult to find anything about it on the HMRC website.
I was wandering whether this sale would attract a capital gain tax relief on the basis that the money is reinvested into new tangible asset (roll-over relief)?
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 34 1
- Related party disclosure 89 3
- Inflation and fees 1,264 23
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 943 25
- Company reconstruction 20 1
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 757 22
- Missing tax return 226 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 206 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 69 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 120 1
- Advice please! 370 2
- VAT on new builds 140 3
- incorrect old p60 193 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 108 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 331 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,920 28
- Redundancy Pay 441 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 715 6
- Sage Priority Support 120 2
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 519 4