CG on sale of property abroad?
My customer has purchased a land abroad and later built a property on this land. Now he wants to sell it for £100k and use it as a deposit in a purchase of property in UK. As he does not own any other properties in UK, he will use this one as his permanent house.
It is difficult to find anything about it on the HMRC website.
I was wandering whether this sale would attract a capital gain tax relief on the basis that the money is reinvested into new tangible asset (roll-over relief)?
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,657 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 276 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,546 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 63 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 202 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 216 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 810 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 87 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,294 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 113 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 490 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 367 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 489 20
- trading losses allowable? 757 14
- Post AAT? 686 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 136 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2