CGT and antique motorcycles
IHT has been dealt with but I am being asked the question of whether these bikes are potentially subject to CGT in the future.
There are a lot of them, which I think is irrelevant because they don't count as a 'collection'. I believe they will be classed as machinery and therefore a wasting asset which is CGT exempt. There is no trade in the bikes and they have never been used in a business.
I would be grateful if anyone who has come across this could let me know if they concur.
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 224 2
- Payment on account reminders 130 2
- Stand alone practice management software 1,745 26
- Allocation of income from property 665 23
- RTI and Advances to Employees 396 10
- CTA 256 3
- AIA/Capital Allowances 354 11
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 125 3
- Anybody got through to VAT today? 47 1
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 771 22
- Time values in Excel 160 3
- No more tax returns... 1,391 12
- bookkeeping system 564 8
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 180 3
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 231 6
- International VAT 131 2
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 659 9
- Insurance payout 151 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 539 11
- RTI / P11d 193 2