CGT on deferred consideration
Client sold land in 10/11.
The contract included £60,000 which would be paid contingent on there not being contamination of land which the buyer was developing. ie if extra work in removing the contanimation was £40K then the seller would receive £20K.
The full 60K was received in 11/12, there has been no withold of this retention.
When should this 60K be taxed.
I think 10/11 on the basis that it's ascertainable. It's not a Marren Ingles thing as it's known but the "60K when condition is met" is muddying my thinking.
- Journals to Creditors Control 161 5
- What sectors to target? 423 20
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 124 6
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 201 7
- waive right to dividend payment 70 3
- eBay trading 48 1
- Treatment of Asset Disposal for Tax Purposes 125 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 965 43
- Dissolved company with o/s corporation tax 287 7
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 197 4
- AIA and WDA 104 5
- Companies House late filing penalties 3,221 106
- Is sideways loss relief per trade or all trades aggregated 72 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,380 40
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 483 16
- Refusing to complete a tax return 580 11
- Repayment of maternity pay 140 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 179 9
- Duplicate emails from AWeb 172 10
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 962 16
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 914
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 633
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 589
- Latest phishing scam 559
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 388
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 293
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 217
- Scratch Head 210
- Capital allowances in first basis period 200
- Sabbatical payments 187