CGT on deferred consideration
Client sold land in 10/11.
The contract included £60,000 which would be paid contingent on there not being contamination of land which the buyer was developing. ie if extra work in removing the contanimation was £40K then the seller would receive £20K.
The full 60K was received in 11/12, there has been no withold of this retention.
When should this 60K be taxed.
I think 10/11 on the basis that it's ascertainable. It's not a Marren Ingles thing as it's known but the "60K when condition is met" is muddying my thinking.
- Tax return software for remote working 415 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 410 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 749 24
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 258 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 373 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 422 9
- How to purchase business premises? 99 2
- Will I need to resign? 756 10
- Childcare vouchers 107 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 257 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 285 6
- VAT avoidance? 188 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 161 3
- PAYE coding out 147 3
- Follower cases 567 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 447 2
- Late Registration for VAT 442 12
- TheTax Donut 1,135 1
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 701 10
- How to explain this to someone 410 2
- Hive up 464
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 429
- corporate hierarchy 411
- Advice - 239
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 209
- Amortisation of Goodwill 207
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 195
- WWOOFers 187
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 170
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 169