CGT on deferred consideration
Client sold land in 10/11.
The contract included £60,000 which would be paid contingent on there not being contamination of land which the buyer was developing. ie if extra work in removing the contanimation was £40K then the seller would receive £20K.
The full 60K was received in 11/12, there has been no withold of this retention.
When should this 60K be taxed.
I think 10/11 on the basis that it's ascertainable. It's not a Marren Ingles thing as it's known but the "60K when condition is met" is muddying my thinking.
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 190 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 42 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 576 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,233 36
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 206 3
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,455 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 171 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 827 33
- VAT flat rate scheme 72 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 280 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 78 1
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 199 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,076 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 397 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 144 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 209 3
- FPS or EPS 155 2
- Continuity of Practice 210 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 136 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 317 10
- Moving away from CCH software 951
- QROP pension input amounts 438
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 380
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 355
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 324
- fraud 283
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 255
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 226
- Construction CIS LLP Company 210
- EPS and CIS deductions 197