CGT on deferred consideration
Client sold land in 10/11.
The contract included £60,000 which would be paid contingent on there not being contamination of land which the buyer was developing. ie if extra work in removing the contanimation was £40K then the seller would receive £20K.
The full 60K was received in 11/12, there has been no withold of this retention.
When should this 60K be taxed.
I think 10/11 on the basis that it's ascertainable. It's not a Marren Ingles thing as it's known but the "60K when condition is met" is muddying my thinking.
- Class of Shares 139 2
- Auto Enrolment 139 3
- Cut-off accounting question 148 7
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,085 41
- Offshore bond assigned to UK discretionary trust 73 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 210 8
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 88 2
- statutory maternity pay 93 3
- VAT & Offshore Companies 274 8
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 399 8
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 424 9
- Freelance/Employee 224 7
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,198 12
- Depreciation on purchase of software 290 4
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 211 1
- What would you do? 510 4
- Remove Extinguished Charge 220 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 617 19
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 304 8
- Liquidation caught by transactions in securities? 83 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 385
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 339
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 319
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 304
- Electric Car 256
- S222 Charge 223
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 216
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 208
- Company Structure 198
- How to treat NI and PAYE for overseas staff employed in UK? 164