CGT on deferred consideration
Client sold land in 10/11.
The contract included £60,000 which would be paid contingent on there not being contamination of land which the buyer was developing. ie if extra work in removing the contanimation was £40K then the seller would receive £20K.
The full 60K was received in 11/12, there has been no withold of this retention.
When should this 60K be taxed.
I think 10/11 on the basis that it's ascertainable. It's not a Marren Ingles thing as it's known but the "60K when condition is met" is muddying my thinking.
- incorrect old p60 59 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 448 4
- VAT on new builds 94 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 651 16
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 330 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 104 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 94 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 105 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,791 26
- Missing tax return 140 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 902 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 269 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 151 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 545 18
- Physiotherapy 227 3
- Inflation and fees 1,201 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 151 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 268 8
- CGT help please 135 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 334 7