CGT on deferred consideration
Client sold land in 10/11.
The contract included £60,000 which would be paid contingent on there not being contamination of land which the buyer was developing. ie if extra work in removing the contanimation was £40K then the seller would receive £20K.
The full 60K was received in 11/12, there has been no withold of this retention.
When should this 60K be taxed.
I think 10/11 on the basis that it's ascertainable. It's not a Marren Ingles thing as it's known but the "60K when condition is met" is muddying my thinking.
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 184 9
- VAT invoice 181 5
- Received a CIS invoice 241 8
- Fee protection 1,071 24
- Accounting for software development costs 234 3
- Payroll Software Recommendations 226 7
- How to print invoice payment history Sage 50 Pro 32 1
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 403 5
- Anyone done ATT? 217 5
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 316 4
- Warranties - Fixed Assets - depreciation 72 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,634 54
- Bereavment payment 337 4
- indexation factors 72 2
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,644 13
- LLP Salaried Partners 134 1
- claim fees with out without VAT? 134 2
- Vat on motor repairs 140 3
- saturday staff 349 3
- Free accounts system for small business? 260 5
- Xtuple 575
- Qtac payroll for bureau 403
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 350
- Domain name sale and limited company 249
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 238
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 221
- Tax on damages received 202
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 194
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 162
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 160