CGT on deferred consideration
Client sold land in 10/11.
The contract included £60,000 which would be paid contingent on there not being contamination of land which the buyer was developing. ie if extra work in removing the contanimation was £40K then the seller would receive £20K.
The full 60K was received in 11/12, there has been no withold of this retention.
When should this 60K be taxed.
I think 10/11 on the basis that it's ascertainable. It's not a Marren Ingles thing as it's known but the "60K when condition is met" is muddying my thinking.
- Vat on second hand goods 150 2
- Auto enrolment 788 9
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 99 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 598 17
- Valuation of PET on death 174 3
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 198 3
- Easy way to not pay tax 628 17
- another ir35!!!! 794 3
- Entrepreneur's relief and LLPs 162 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 1,883 39
- Pre- trading Expenses 216 3
- VAT Registration 290 13
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 254 4
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 125 2
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 251 1
- BTL property with a plot of land at the back 203 2
- Joint rental income 230 2
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 463 5
- Mortgage Interest and rental income 179 3
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 265 9
- Skandia using wrong address 1,509
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 835
- International interest certificate 454
- NOVA 308
- Bonus Bonds 190
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 185
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 183
- Management expenses for investment company 182
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 171
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 162