CGT on deferred consideration
Client sold land in 10/11.
The contract included £60,000 which would be paid contingent on there not being contamination of land which the buyer was developing. ie if extra work in removing the contanimation was £40K then the seller would receive £20K.
The full 60K was received in 11/12, there has been no withold of this retention.
When should this 60K be taxed.
I think 10/11 on the basis that it's ascertainable. It's not a Marren Ingles thing as it's known but the "60K when condition is met" is muddying my thinking.
- Which software for practice books? 302 7
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 122 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,623 33
- Accountant software 284 7
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 441 7
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 70 1
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 419 13
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 227 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,880 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 72 1
- Renting property to yourself 312 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 385 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 100 4
- register as self employed? 121 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 140 1
- VAT enquiry 89 1
- Write off of former director's loan 233 4
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 258 4
- Capital gain or not? 147 3
- EC VAT 161 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 641
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 485
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 451
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 276
- How to format a stock book 233
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 195
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 183
- Tax efficient holding company structure 175
- Investment property company accounts template 162
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 157