CGT on deferred consideration
Client sold land in 10/11.
The contract included £60,000 which would be paid contingent on there not being contamination of land which the buyer was developing. ie if extra work in removing the contanimation was £40K then the seller would receive £20K.
The full 60K was received in 11/12, there has been no withold of this retention.
When should this 60K be taxed.
I think 10/11 on the basis that it's ascertainable. It's not a Marren Ingles thing as it's known but the "60K when condition is met" is muddying my thinking.
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,973 70
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 205 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,941 47
- inflation rate year on year 179 4
- Accounts Question 148 5
- Deleted question? 755 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,210 67
- MAAT vs ACCA 725 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,410 24
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 665 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 456 4
- VAT Return Errors 198 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 155 5
- Yorkshire Day 616 38
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 196 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 384 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 153 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 298 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 242 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 158 1
- Cancelled 471
- Cancelled 388
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 379
- Probiz 358
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 264
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 238
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 233
- More spam 184
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 154