CGT on deferred consideration
Client sold land in 10/11.
The contract included £60,000 which would be paid contingent on there not being contamination of land which the buyer was developing. ie if extra work in removing the contanimation was £40K then the seller would receive £20K.
The full 60K was received in 11/12, there has been no withold of this retention.
When should this 60K be taxed.
I think 10/11 on the basis that it's ascertainable. It's not a Marren Ingles thing as it's known but the "60K when condition is met" is muddying my thinking.
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 116 1
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 116 1
- Instant CPD offer 279 4
- Cash basis 513 13
- Income from rent charged to business 120 2
- payroll software 364 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 435 5
- Statutory sick pay 307 4
- Dividend in specie 367 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 220 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 174 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 145 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 269 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 294 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 164 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 382 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,854 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 332 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 255 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 107 1
- Skandia using wrong address 572
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 306
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 303
- Employee rewards 288
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 250
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 228
- Etax Australian 186
- LLP in Construction Industry 153
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 131
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 130