CGT on deferred consideration
Client sold land in 10/11.
The contract included £60,000 which would be paid contingent on there not being contamination of land which the buyer was developing. ie if extra work in removing the contanimation was £40K then the seller would receive £20K.
The full 60K was received in 11/12, there has been no withold of this retention.
When should this 60K be taxed.
I think 10/11 on the basis that it's ascertainable. It's not a Marren Ingles thing as it's known but the "60K when condition is met" is muddying my thinking.
- Xerocon 2016 1,092 28
- New Build 79 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 66 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,229 43
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 694 15
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 77 1
- USA Tax Query 250 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 400 5
- last minute request 586 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 301 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 330 7
- Personal Tax 567 11
- Disengagement Help! 1,700 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 966 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 371 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 618 18
- Corrupt Excel File 687 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,996 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 295 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 446 7