CGT Implications of Issuing Shares
I have a client company which is very profitable (profits approx. £1m pa) - it has three shareholders all owning 30 ordinary shares each.
They want to invite another shareholder into the business who has a similar / complementary business which is currently loss making but which they feel has huge potential. This person would also become a director and receive a small salary & dividend etc.
They would like to issue 10 new ordinary shares to the new shareholder in consideration of him transferring his trade into their existing business.
Are there any capital gains tax implications for the existing shareholders because under the new structure they will own 30% of the shares each as opposed to 33.3% etc. i.e. do the S29 value shifting provisions apply and also are there any tax (benefit in kind) issues for the incoming shareholder? I don't think there are any CGT implications for the existing shareholders as it is a fresh issue of shares nor do I think that there are any tax issues for the incoming shareholder as he is not receiving shares by virtue of his employment etc. but any expert advice would be very welcome.
As ever, my apologies if my understanding is basic but I do not have a huge amount of experience in these matters.
- Profit or Capital Gain 50 3
- How to complain about HMRC 309 11
- cancellation of Engagement 417 11
- Protocol on SEIS & EIS 90 4
- Company Name - Number of Characters 72 1
- Car leased by Co, cost made good in full. Am I missing a trick? 141 7
- Bulk Invoicing 37 1
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 655 21
- FRS percentage 209 5
- Adding Tables to Wizard 31 1
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 446 5
- Companies House 851 7
- Accountancy work for Farmers 293 12
- PAYE for a babysitter? 345 17
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 167 2
- Is a dormant CT600 needed? 65 1
- Preparing CIC accounts 82 1
- Feuding directors 542 18
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 310 2
- Lloyds bank ... 167 1
- CTA study material 666
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 402
- Employment related securities question 250
- ATED Penalties 227
- AIM Stocks and IHT 205
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 181
- Trust for Employee 165
- Expat pension contributions? 159
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 118
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 111