CGT Implications of Issuing Shares
I have a client company which is very profitable (profits approx. £1m pa) - it has three shareholders all owning 30 ordinary shares each.
They want to invite another shareholder into the business who has a similar / complementary business which is currently loss making but which they feel has huge potential. This person would also become a director and receive a small salary & dividend etc.
They would like to issue 10 new ordinary shares to the new shareholder in consideration of him transferring his trade into their existing business.
Are there any capital gains tax implications for the existing shareholders because under the new structure they will own 30% of the shares each as opposed to 33.3% etc. i.e. do the S29 value shifting provisions apply and also are there any tax (benefit in kind) issues for the incoming shareholder? I don't think there are any CGT implications for the existing shareholders as it is a fresh issue of shares nor do I think that there are any tax issues for the incoming shareholder as he is not receiving shares by virtue of his employment etc. but any expert advice would be very welcome.
As ever, my apologies if my understanding is basic but I do not have a huge amount of experience in these matters.
- Love is in the air 162 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,640 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 235 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 328 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 373 5
- Client Paperwork Retention? 484 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 121 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 514 1
- Paying Son 621 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 336 7
- HMRC accounting 247 3
- Employers NI allowance 440 6
- Dividend taxation 253 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 156 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 177 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 149 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 437 4
- iris update 11.9.2 445 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 271 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 682 8
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 273
- CGT for NOn UK residents 269
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 256
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 242
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 228
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 208
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 186