CGT Implications of Issuing Shares
I have a client company which is very profitable (profits approx. £1m pa) - it has three shareholders all owning 30 ordinary shares each.
They want to invite another shareholder into the business who has a similar / complementary business which is currently loss making but which they feel has huge potential. This person would also become a director and receive a small salary & dividend etc.
They would like to issue 10 new ordinary shares to the new shareholder in consideration of him transferring his trade into their existing business.
Are there any capital gains tax implications for the existing shareholders because under the new structure they will own 30% of the shares each as opposed to 33.3% etc. i.e. do the S29 value shifting provisions apply and also are there any tax (benefit in kind) issues for the incoming shareholder? I don't think there are any CGT implications for the existing shareholders as it is a fresh issue of shares nor do I think that there are any tax issues for the incoming shareholder as he is not receiving shares by virtue of his employment etc. but any expert advice would be very welcome.
As ever, my apologies if my understanding is basic but I do not have a huge amount of experience in these matters.
- Off site storage 46 1
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 238 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,052 42
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 67 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 80 2
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 501 4
- Joint Property rent 140 3
- Self assesment losses 244 7
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 182 6
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 218 1
- Fee protection 851 16
- Overdrawn DLA 244 9
- Disposal of an opted property 130 2
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 236 5
- Irish Taxation 89 1
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 3,120 31
- CIS monthly declaration 193 9
- Telephone call from "Xero" 363 4
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 132 3
- Companies House incorporation service 472 14
- Xtuple 560
- Qtac payroll for bureau 382
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 333
- Industrial & Provident Societies 322
- Domain name sale and limited company 222
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 203
- Investment 202
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 202
- Tax on damages received 173
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 159