CGT Implications of Issuing Shares
I have a client company which is very profitable (profits approx. £1m pa) - it has three shareholders all owning 30 ordinary shares each.
They want to invite another shareholder into the business who has a similar / complementary business which is currently loss making but which they feel has huge potential. This person would also become a director and receive a small salary & dividend etc.
They would like to issue 10 new ordinary shares to the new shareholder in consideration of him transferring his trade into their existing business.
Are there any capital gains tax implications for the existing shareholders because under the new structure they will own 30% of the shares each as opposed to 33.3% etc. i.e. do the S29 value shifting provisions apply and also are there any tax (benefit in kind) issues for the incoming shareholder? I don't think there are any CGT implications for the existing shareholders as it is a fresh issue of shares nor do I think that there are any tax issues for the incoming shareholder as he is not receiving shares by virtue of his employment etc. but any expert advice would be very welcome.
As ever, my apologies if my understanding is basic but I do not have a huge amount of experience in these matters.
- Value pricing 2,142 94
- Accountancy software for an imac 166 4
- Treatment of deferment duty in the correct accounting period 98 2
- CVA guidance 78 1
- LLP members share of profits 361 20
- SDLT on land 102 4
- Payroll Charging too much Tax? 217 2
- Can UK ACCA Practice prepare accounts for Indian company? 128 2
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 217 3
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 1,986 20
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 568 15
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 412 13
- PAYE Coding Notices 457 7
- March RTI Submission 138 1
- VT accounts licence key 547 9
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 84 1
- Renewable Heat Incentive Income - Taxable? 112 1
- VAT Option to tax 250 1
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 105 2
- Current tax asset 144 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 880
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 614
- Free Tax Legislation? 362
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 355
- Director Loan account operation 353
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 312
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 299
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 284
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 272
- Paye procedures for CVA 203