CGT Implications of Issuing Shares
I have a client company which is very profitable (profits approx. £1m pa) - it has three shareholders all owning 30 ordinary shares each.
They want to invite another shareholder into the business who has a similar / complementary business which is currently loss making but which they feel has huge potential. This person would also become a director and receive a small salary & dividend etc.
They would like to issue 10 new ordinary shares to the new shareholder in consideration of him transferring his trade into their existing business.
Are there any capital gains tax implications for the existing shareholders because under the new structure they will own 30% of the shares each as opposed to 33.3% etc. i.e. do the S29 value shifting provisions apply and also are there any tax (benefit in kind) issues for the incoming shareholder? I don't think there are any CGT implications for the existing shareholders as it is a fresh issue of shares nor do I think that there are any tax issues for the incoming shareholder as he is not receiving shares by virtue of his employment etc. but any expert advice would be very welcome.
As ever, my apologies if my understanding is basic but I do not have a huge amount of experience in these matters.
- Flat rate vat 291 3
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 229 6
- Rental property company 171 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 160 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 410 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 446 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 349 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,467 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,194 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 388 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 300 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 281 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 401 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 213 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 216 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 163 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 545 5
- Director's tax return 425 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 200 3
- Coming in from the cold 424 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 832
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 575
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 446
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 301
- Director Loan account operation 283
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 269
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 183