CGT Implications of Issuing Shares
I have a client company which is very profitable (profits approx. £1m pa) - it has three shareholders all owning 30 ordinary shares each.
They want to invite another shareholder into the business who has a similar / complementary business which is currently loss making but which they feel has huge potential. This person would also become a director and receive a small salary & dividend etc.
They would like to issue 10 new ordinary shares to the new shareholder in consideration of him transferring his trade into their existing business.
Are there any capital gains tax implications for the existing shareholders because under the new structure they will own 30% of the shares each as opposed to 33.3% etc. i.e. do the S29 value shifting provisions apply and also are there any tax (benefit in kind) issues for the incoming shareholder? I don't think there are any CGT implications for the existing shareholders as it is a fresh issue of shares nor do I think that there are any tax issues for the incoming shareholder as he is not receiving shares by virtue of his employment etc. but any expert advice would be very welcome.
As ever, my apologies if my understanding is basic but I do not have a huge amount of experience in these matters.
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 113 2
- Personal allowance 405 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 456 12
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 134 3
- Scams are not always obvious 685 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 106 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 105 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 87 3
- Related party disclosures 166 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 178 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 73 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 610 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 222 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 244 8
- Is this legal? 622 9
- Market Value/Connected Persons 186 7
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,988 23
- Cells from many sheets 124 2
- Taxation of rental income 204 4
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 137 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,041
- Moving away from CCH software 902
- Recruitment agencies 526
- QROP pension input amounts 410
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 362
- Deemed Employment Payment 344
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 307
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 298
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 217
- fraud 215