CGT Implications of Issuing Shares
I have a client company which is very profitable (profits approx. £1m pa) - it has three shareholders all owning 30 ordinary shares each.
They want to invite another shareholder into the business who has a similar / complementary business which is currently loss making but which they feel has huge potential. This person would also become a director and receive a small salary & dividend etc.
They would like to issue 10 new ordinary shares to the new shareholder in consideration of him transferring his trade into their existing business.
Are there any capital gains tax implications for the existing shareholders because under the new structure they will own 30% of the shares each as opposed to 33.3% etc. i.e. do the S29 value shifting provisions apply and also are there any tax (benefit in kind) issues for the incoming shareholder? I don't think there are any CGT implications for the existing shareholders as it is a fresh issue of shares nor do I think that there are any tax issues for the incoming shareholder as he is not receiving shares by virtue of his employment etc. but any expert advice would be very welcome.
As ever, my apologies if my understanding is basic but I do not have a huge amount of experience in these matters.
- Microsoft One Drive 182 5
- Accounts Package 187 7
- Question about VAT Group Registration 93 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 636 18
- Not a question but made my day 538 13
- Does reputation of a tax agent affect likelihood of a HMRC audit 194 3
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 261 3
- Travel expenses for director - flight 359 3
- Repayment of Share Capital 388 8
- VAT on property 105 1
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 248 4
- PPR ELECTION 306 9
- Late night meals self employed 350 2
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 415 9
- EBT Self Assessment Return 268 1
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,833 18
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 123 1
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,876 25
- Audacity 1,221 21
- 2014/15 Forms P11D and P11D(b) 262 1
- NHS finance professionals 572
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 376
- Foreign Pension Contribution 346
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 329
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 310
- vat gross profit percentage margins 306
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 283
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 251
- Thinning income 229
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 203