CGT Implications of Issuing Shares
I have a client company which is very profitable (profits approx. £1m pa) - it has three shareholders all owning 30 ordinary shares each.
They want to invite another shareholder into the business who has a similar / complementary business which is currently loss making but which they feel has huge potential. This person would also become a director and receive a small salary & dividend etc.
They would like to issue 10 new ordinary shares to the new shareholder in consideration of him transferring his trade into their existing business.
Are there any capital gains tax implications for the existing shareholders because under the new structure they will own 30% of the shares each as opposed to 33.3% etc. i.e. do the S29 value shifting provisions apply and also are there any tax (benefit in kind) issues for the incoming shareholder? I don't think there are any CGT implications for the existing shareholders as it is a fresh issue of shares nor do I think that there are any tax issues for the incoming shareholder as he is not receiving shares by virtue of his employment etc. but any expert advice would be very welcome.
As ever, my apologies if my understanding is basic but I do not have a huge amount of experience in these matters.
- Charging for Blank Payslips? 46 2
- Companies House 155 5
- Related Party Disclosure for Director who resigned in year 56 1
- Going concern 55 2
- Intermediaries and Personal Services Companies 58 1
- Terminal Loss Claim 79 3
- VAT and selling on Amazon 238 2
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 2,093 29
- What would you do? 1,398 8
- Rollover Relief - Commercial to Residential 279 7
- Bank account frozen 380 6
- Intercompany - Sage 50 Accounts 125 2
- Writing Website Content 782 24
- Can employer reduce my ACCA tuition fees? 299 2
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 253 1
- Foreign dividends via UK portfolio 152 1
- Charity Account-independent examiner 274 4
- Concurrent users 846 11
- nevermind 261 2
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 288 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 454
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 430
- Electric Car 364
- S222 Charge 288
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 271
- IP trans to holding company 225
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 201
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 171
- Simple Partnership Agreement Template 170
- Tax on donations for the beneficiary 163