CGT Implications of Issuing Shares
I have a client company which is very profitable (profits approx. £1m pa) - it has three shareholders all owning 30 ordinary shares each.
They want to invite another shareholder into the business who has a similar / complementary business which is currently loss making but which they feel has huge potential. This person would also become a director and receive a small salary & dividend etc.
They would like to issue 10 new ordinary shares to the new shareholder in consideration of him transferring his trade into their existing business.
Are there any capital gains tax implications for the existing shareholders because under the new structure they will own 30% of the shares each as opposed to 33.3% etc. i.e. do the S29 value shifting provisions apply and also are there any tax (benefit in kind) issues for the incoming shareholder? I don't think there are any CGT implications for the existing shareholders as it is a fresh issue of shares nor do I think that there are any tax issues for the incoming shareholder as he is not receiving shares by virtue of his employment etc. but any expert advice would be very welcome.
As ever, my apologies if my understanding is basic but I do not have a huge amount of experience in these matters.
- no utr 16 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 172 7
- Interest on pre-letting? 62 4
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 26 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,656 44
- Anybody still doing returns? 116 6
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,670 22
- Rent a room scheme query. 216 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 301 13
- Clothing 405 8
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 101 6
- Why do I do this every year 542 13
- HMRC filing meltdown? 704 24
- client can't/won't pay 2,017 45
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 290 5
- Self assesment online 1,066 13
- Xero sales report by customer - how? 123 1
- Anybody Use Brightpay 746 20
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 256 11
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 147 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 939
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 656
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 587
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 423
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 318
- Scratch Head 251
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 243
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 183