CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 388 7
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 355 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 181 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 192 5
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,505 41
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 136 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 244 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,243 19
- Go Cardless 398 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 352 3
- Mehjoo 346 2
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 450 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 204 4
- SA302 355 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 302 13
- Bringing money to Uk 310 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 226 4
- Hmrc software 275 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 223 1
- Hosted email exchange 202 5
- Xtuple 527
- Qtac payroll for bureau 359
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 303
- Industrial & Provident Societies 296
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 241
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 219
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 219
- Domain name sale and limited company 186
- CIS schemes 183
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 161