CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- HMRC filing meltdown? 170 7
- Why do I do this every year 70 2
- Limited Companies Merger 181 5
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 192 18
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,530 41
- eBay trading 200 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 249 10
- Self assesment online 886 10
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 1,099 46
- childcare 85 3
- Childcare voucher schemes 217 8
- What sectors to target? 529 25
- Rent a room scheme query. 126 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 445 12
- PAYE Control Visit 187 2
- Practice management 332 6
- Repayment of maternity pay 199 4
- Journals to Creditors Control 251 8
- Capital allowances on Software 127 1
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 217 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 920
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 637
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 592
- Latest phishing scam 569
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 399
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 302
- Scratch Head 223
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 219
- Capital allowances in first basis period 209
- Sabbatical payments 189