CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 399 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 130 3
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 97 1
- Registered Office 151 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,485 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 314 5
- Partnership Registration 108 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 907 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 112 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 689 12
- Audit Required 1,187 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 308 9
- Residential Management Companies 93 2
- Value pricing 2,856 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 397 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 396 11
- Payroll software for Mac 122 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 124 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 218 5
- CIS and Close Company 209 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 945
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 661
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 399
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 332
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 262
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 251
- Paye procedures for CVA 251
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 200
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 194
- Pension Fixed Protection 189