CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 783 24
- incorrect old p60 214 4
- Micro-entity accounts 38 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 961 26
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 83 1
- Related party disclosure 111 3
- Inflation and fees 1,275 23
- Company reconstruction 56 1
- Missing tax return 235 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 206 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 85 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 126 1
- Advice please! 379 2
- VAT on new builds 144 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 110 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 339 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,929 28
- Redundancy Pay 441 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 725 6
- Sage Priority Support 124 2