CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- PPR election - what do you think? 217 7
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 100 3
- Comments on this scenario 108 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,636 67
- Penalties 111 1
- SAGE con 222 4
- rates of pay query 217 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 86 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 138 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 198 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 106 1
- Overpayment relief claim 153 5
- Charity reserves 130 3
- Have i messed up? 670 10
- Year end 363 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 221 3
- Related Parties Note 419 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 107 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 130 4
- loss on carbon credits 111 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,014
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 552
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 362
- Tax efficient holding company structure 288
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 276
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 214
- Charge out rates in London? 210
- Personal consumption by landlord 183
- Interest on Loan to a Company 174
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 150