CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 199 4
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 86 1
- "Audit Report" 139 2
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 751 19
- When are ltd companies "associated" for Vat and tax purposes? 96 1
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 205 4
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,334 14
- VAT on Hire Purchase 220 2
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 502 13
- Coding Notice 245 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 266 6
- New business - journal entries 427 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 236 3
- Payroll software 665 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 293 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 413 10
- B2B vat in the EU 203 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 216 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 246 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 216 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 900
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 726
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 418
- Social investment tax relief 225
- Digita Hosted Software 221
- accounting for this transaction 208
- Call Centre Data Costs 206
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 186
- Travel costs and contractors 179
- Incorporating Sole Trade and bringing in spouse 179