CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- General tax book with planning 126 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,176 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 262 11
- Gift of property & improvements 96 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 325 5
- VAT Invoice 107 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 789 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 112 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 195 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 159 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 133 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 430 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 357 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 243 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 175 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 256 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 157 4
- SA302's anyone?? 530 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,641 41
- Renting for military reasons 189 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,617
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 899
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 367
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 290
- Management expenses for investment company 262
- Bonus Bonds 260
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 171
- tax on apprenticeship income 171
- P11D benefit received by widow 148