CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- A question about share structure 179 3
- Tax Credit Overpayment 211 7
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 201 5
- Holding companies 120 5
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 72 1
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 79 2
- another ir35!!!! 960 5
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 126 3
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 511 6
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 195 6
- What does it mean?? 165 2
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 77 2
- Donations/grants by a CIC 167 1
- VAT Registration 390 18
- Gifting shares 227 4
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 643 5
- Childminding & Wear & Tear Allowance 84 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 186 9
- VAT on motor expenses 847 30
- VAT & Landlords 113 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,525
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 838
- International interest certificate 456
- NOVA 314
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 203
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 200
- Bonus Bonds 198
- Management expenses for investment company 190
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 175
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 165