CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 282 4
- Closing my business down 78 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 844 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 284 6
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 191 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 104 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 589 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,241 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,467 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 190 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 110 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 292 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 89 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,093 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 414 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 154 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 224 3
- FPS or EPS 171 2
- Continuity of Practice 223 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 145 2
- Moving away from CCH software 955
- QROP pension input amounts 441
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 384
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 358
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 326
- fraud 285
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 260
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 229
- Construction CIS LLP Company 213
- EPS and CIS deductions 201