CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- Invoicing for monthly clients 60 1
- Entrepreneur's Relief Query 183 4
- Anyone using PracticePA? 260 5
- Do your DIY clients ever get their books right ? 69 1
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 649 26
- Tax - Paying Yearly 278 11
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 195 3
- New company uses old Bank Account 235 3
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 464 5
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 342 8
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 192 3
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 190 1
- charities 223 3
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 283 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 133 1
- converting garage to use as office 328 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 664 13
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 131 2
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,211 11
- Strike off 452 9
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 381
- Any thoughts on Capium? 341
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 295
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 268
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 254
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 231
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 177
- French ConnectionUK 168
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 163
- APN's 159