CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 23 1
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 177 11
- Complicated Company car purchase 239 3
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 71 1
- payroll software 411 6
- Statutory sick pay 344 5
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 255 5
- client threatening legal action 2,136 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 143 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 181 1
- Instant CPD offer 303 4
- Cash basis 541 13
- Income from rent charged to business 180 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 461 5
- Dividend in specie 377 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 190 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 153 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 285 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 302 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 186 3
- Skandia using wrong address 586
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 312
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 311
- Employee rewards 294
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 262
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 232
- Etax Australian 193
- LLP in Construction Industry 158
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 135