CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 512 11
- 2 companies, one payroll 222 8
- The importance of Grammar 1,864 55
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 121 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 608 12
- Freelance/Employee 405 10
- Freehold management company 153 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 249 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 217 6
- System selection 238 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 134 1
- Director Liability 136 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 177 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 389 4
- exemptions from CIS 268 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 586 10
- Xero Pain Points 660 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 287 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 268 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,719 56
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 395
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 357
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 339
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 319
- Electric Car 268
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 231
- S222 Charge 231
- Company Structure 209
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 174
- IP trans to holding company 170