CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 691 19
- Marriage Allowance 178 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,056 12
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 338 4
- S455 and February year ends 228 7
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 385 9
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,240 32
- HMRC having technical difficulties 779 18
- Closing down loss-making company 402 5
- S.455 Tax again 267 3
- New Build 323 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 365 4
- Mortgage Reference 774 10
- RTI offline? 166 1
- Right To Manage Company 255 4
- Day allowance working in Qatar 159 1
- Giving shares away 322 6
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 618 5
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 269 5
- Where to post pension on sa100 206 4