CGT instalments and ER
Taxpayer has a £3m gain on sale of shares, qualifying for Entrepreneurs relief.
£2m paid immediately , £1m over two instalments at + 12 months and + 24 months.
Consideration is ascertainable.
Q - is there any Entrepreneurs relief restriction if an election under TCGA S280 to pay by instalments is made.
My colleague thought there was, but my research today can't find anything confirming this.
My colleague may be thinking of a Marren v Ingles unascertainable situation though, where loss of ER on the deferred earn out right is a known issue.
My conclusion is that for a straightforward payment by instalment arrangement, ER isn't compromised by TCGA S280 claim to pay by instalments.
Any quick thoughts from the floor?
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 130 2
- One off meeting new client 1,369 13
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,349 55
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,697 29
- VAT online filing exemptions 85 1
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 282 6
- Child tax credits 203 4
- transitioning payroll 104 2
- Deduction from Salary 132 4
- Car leasing scheme 216 1
- 12 Pay Problems 168 2
- PITA client 549 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 462 11
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 595 15
- Right to waive dividend 135 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,437 34
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,749 29
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 137 2
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 351 9
- R&D tax credit claim 298 7
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 615
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 340
- Cancelled 301
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 272
- Probiz 261
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 212
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 196
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 162