CGT on right of way
I have a right of way over two neighbouring properties which have recently been bought by two property developers.
The developers have approached me about giving up the right of way in exchange for building a garage and possibly giving me some of their land. There will be no cash involved.
I am in the process of getting some external help re valuations of the proposed exchange. I will only deal if I can be reasonably satisfied that the exchange is roughly equal in value terms.
Will such a swap be treated as a gain for CGT purposes?
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,660 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 284 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,550 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 65 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 207 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 219 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 811 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 96 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,296 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 116 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 492 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 367 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 493 20
- trading losses allowable? 758 14
- Post AAT? 689 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 141 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2