CGT on right of way
I have a right of way over two neighbouring properties which have recently been bought by two property developers.
The developers have approached me about giving up the right of way in exchange for building a garage and possibly giving me some of their land. There will be no cash involved.
I am in the process of getting some external help re valuations of the proposed exchange. I will only deal if I can be reasonably satisfied that the exchange is roughly equal in value terms.
Will such a swap be treated as a gain for CGT purposes?
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 275 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 151 2
- Turnover on a tax return 339 9
- IT Contractor 245 1
- Sage instant account codes 129 1
- Networking 170 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 212 1
- incorrect old p60 456 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 308 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,937 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 306 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 257 3
- VAT refund 200 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 279 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 273 3
- Missing tax return 398 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,134 30
- Inflation and fees 1,418 24
- Sage Priority Support 193 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 848 24