CGT - Temporary non-residence, Am I missing something
My client has been working overseas for several years. Non-res no probs and HMRC know this.
He bought a property in 1995 (when he was UK res) and sold it in June 2010 (when he was not). He came back in August 2011, 11/12 not the year of sale.
I need to check when he became non-res but my reading of s10A TCGA says "between year of departure and year of arrival there must be fewer than five years".
So if my client has been overseas for 10 years, say, it looks like s10A does not operate. Then what, no CGT? Surely it can't be simple.
It's very late. Am I being stupid?
- Moneysoft - technical query 185 4
- Let Property Campaign 157 3
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 39 1
- What would you do? 325 2
- Taxable income for previous years 352 8
- VAT position on EU supplies/commission 71 1
- Depreciation on purchase of software 137 2
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,298 16
- App recommendations 321 4
- Defend your local inspector? 617 7
- accountant in Bristol 499 1
- New Company Director PAYE Question 758 20
- Exasperated by HMRC 2,137 19
- How long should one give Aweb … 704 9
- Resident and Non-resident 761 7
- Benefit in Kind - Director loan or not? 164 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 411 16
- Working Hours Calculation - Rounding Hours up/down 140 2
- Self employed Self Assessment 397 2
- Applying for clearance before 5 years share ownership 172 2
- HMRC arbitrarily amending tax returns for higher rate child benefit charge 355
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 343
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 278
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 251
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 251
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 242
- Electric Car 194
- S222 Charge 184
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 173
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 171