CGT - Temporary non-residence, Am I missing something
My client has been working overseas for several years. Non-res no probs and HMRC know this.
He bought a property in 1995 (when he was UK res) and sold it in June 2010 (when he was not). He came back in August 2011, 11/12 not the year of sale.
I need to check when he became non-res but my reading of s10A TCGA says "between year of departure and year of arrival there must be fewer than five years".
So if my client has been overseas for 10 years, say, it looks like s10A does not operate. Then what, no CGT? Surely it can't be simple.
It's very late. Am I being stupid?
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 299 10
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 239 2
- Recharge for private use of a company car 533 17
- how to object to registered company name... 266 2
- Capitalising purchased software 67 1
- Late Filing and Late Registration Penalty 107 2
- Property income in different capacities 233 5
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 487 12
- CGT 458 19
- CGT 276 5
- Vat registration exception 113 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 455 10
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 109 1
- Charity Grant accounting 99 3
- Entrepreneurs Relief 849 46
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 240 5
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 411 8
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 450 5
- VAT QUESTION 345 3
- More AE! 706 15
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,209
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 805
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 502
- Digita Hosted Software 325
- Credit where credit's due....... 296
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 231
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 175
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 149
- TheTax Donut 147
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 143