CGT - Temporary non-residence, Am I missing something
My client has been working overseas for several years. Non-res no probs and HMRC know this.
He bought a property in 1995 (when he was UK res) and sold it in June 2010 (when he was not). He came back in August 2011, 11/12 not the year of sale.
I need to check when he became non-res but my reading of s10A TCGA says "between year of departure and year of arrival there must be fewer than five years".
So if my client has been overseas for 10 years, say, it looks like s10A does not operate. Then what, no CGT? Surely it can't be simple.
It's very late. Am I being stupid?
- Clients 545 11
- On line Remote Training 195 6
- Intermediaries reporting - who does it apply to? 34 1
- Starting new accounting business 91 2
- Group Relief 47 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 209 3
- Sage 200 vatable journal? 92 4
- Transfer of stock 237 12
- Can a Directors Pension be paid into a Ltd Company 113 1
- New client procedure 258 4
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 231 2
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 300 10
- Tolley UK sales number 152 4
- Enterprise relief 100 2
- Pre-registration VAT: can you reclaim VATon delivery costs incurred in the six months prior to registration? 162 4
- VAT flat rate scheme 390 7
- Virtually Impossible 582 12
- Registering as a director 108 1
- SSP days and Holidays 207 3
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 223 8
- QROP pension input amounts 488
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 465
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 431
- EPS and CIS deductions 288
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 278
- Construction CIS LLP Company 271
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 233
- SAGE winforecast 193
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 177
- Overdrawn director account 163