CGT - Temporary non-residence, Am I missing something
My client has been working overseas for several years. Non-res no probs and HMRC know this.
He bought a property in 1995 (when he was UK res) and sold it in June 2010 (when he was not). He came back in August 2011, 11/12 not the year of sale.
I need to check when he became non-res but my reading of s10A TCGA says "between year of departure and year of arrival there must be fewer than five years".
So if my client has been overseas for 10 years, say, it looks like s10A does not operate. Then what, no CGT? Surely it can't be simple.
It's very late. Am I being stupid?
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 861 6
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 179 4
- Charge HMRC 119 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 462 17
- CT return error message 266 7
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 1,957 25
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 742 9
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 345 8
- VAT 155 2
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 78 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 178 2
- FRS17 query 182 1
- Capital repayments 173 3
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 271 6
- Online payroll software 270 4
- Audit rules 315 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 600 10
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 293 1
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 273 1
- Sales Commission to Employees / External Companies 84 1
- Xtuple 537
- Qtac payroll for bureau 367
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 306
- Industrial & Provident Societies 304
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 255
- CIS schemes 196
- Domain name sale and limited company 195
- Investment 176
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 169
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 159