CGT - Temporary non-residence, Am I missing something
My client has been working overseas for several years. Non-res no probs and HMRC know this.
He bought a property in 1995 (when he was UK res) and sold it in June 2010 (when he was not). He came back in August 2011, 11/12 not the year of sale.
I need to check when he became non-res but my reading of s10A TCGA says "between year of departure and year of arrival there must be fewer than five years".
So if my client has been overseas for 10 years, say, it looks like s10A does not operate. Then what, no CGT? Surely it can't be simple.
It's very late. Am I being stupid?
- Invoicing for monthly clients 500 10
- VAT B2B EU service - curious 113 1
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,174 41
- Flat Rate VAT 252 8
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 708 15
- Practice software 1,185 17
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 315 7
- When to register or not for PAYE 536 11
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 237 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 572 8
- Redundancy pay 324 9
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 237 2
- VAT on farm machinery sold 267 5
- Servicing AE fees 190 2
- VAT Receipts 278 8
- Changing pay dates on Moneysoft 173 2
- P800 problems again 127 1
- Company accounts for £350 996 27
- Directors Loan Account Question 447 12
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 162 4
- FRS 101 Software 347
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 308
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 299
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 275
- French ConnectionUK 242
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 218
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 205
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 203
- APN's 187
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 184