CGT - Temporary non-residence, Am I missing something
My client has been working overseas for several years. Non-res no probs and HMRC know this.
He bought a property in 1995 (when he was UK res) and sold it in June 2010 (when he was not). He came back in August 2011, 11/12 not the year of sale.
I need to check when he became non-res but my reading of s10A TCGA says "between year of departure and year of arrival there must be fewer than five years".
So if my client has been overseas for 10 years, say, it looks like s10A does not operate. Then what, no CGT? Surely it can't be simple.
It's very late. Am I being stupid?
- Companies House Authentication code 112 5
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 380 5
- Free accounts system for small business? 317 6
- Payroll Software Recommendations 282 9
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 468 11
- Client refusing to change basis period 81 1
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 641 15
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 305 13
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,917 63
- Rights of Alphabet shares 340 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 248 3
- Company paying out on guarantee 120 4
- Incorporation and goodwill 287 5
- Industrial & Provident Societies 399 4
- Domain name sale and limited company 275 1
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 284 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,825 14
- indexation factors 115 3
- Drector renting room to company 247 5
- Warranties - Fixed Assets - depreciation 95 2
- Xtuple 585
- Qtac payroll for bureau 410
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 355
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 226
- Tax on damages received 207
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 164
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 153
- PTP Software 145
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 141