CGT - Temporary non-residence, Am I missing something
My client has been working overseas for several years. Non-res no probs and HMRC know this.
He bought a property in 1995 (when he was UK res) and sold it in June 2010 (when he was not). He came back in August 2011, 11/12 not the year of sale.
I need to check when he became non-res but my reading of s10A TCGA says "between year of departure and year of arrival there must be fewer than five years".
So if my client has been overseas for 10 years, say, it looks like s10A does not operate. Then what, no CGT? Surely it can't be simple.
It's very late. Am I being stupid?
- Debtor/creditor set-off 23 1
- Cash basis 346 10
- Statutory sick pay 182 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 301 3
- Redundancy payment added to p45 316 2
- Overseas bank interest 181 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 134 1
- Undeclared rental income 2,044 20
- Kasperskey - home pc 330 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 184 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 292 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,920 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,326 12
- Lorry Drivers 383 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 253 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,700 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 159 1
- PRR 598 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 222 2
- Partially exempt? 329 10
- Skandia using wrong address 537
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 292
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 288
- Employee rewards 280
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 252
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 245
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 234
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 217
- Etax Australian 178
- LLP in Construction Industry 142