CGT - Temporary non-residence, Am I missing something
My client has been working overseas for several years. Non-res no probs and HMRC know this.
He bought a property in 1995 (when he was UK res) and sold it in June 2010 (when he was not). He came back in August 2011, 11/12 not the year of sale.
I need to check when he became non-res but my reading of s10A TCGA says "between year of departure and year of arrival there must be fewer than five years".
So if my client has been overseas for 10 years, say, it looks like s10A does not operate. Then what, no CGT? Surely it can't be simple.
It's very late. Am I being stupid?
- Company Share Buy Back 247 7
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 206 6
- Sage 200 question 168 3
- P11d query 124 3
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 536 15
- RTI and Advances to Employees 246 4
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 301 5
- Transactions in land 66 2
- 64-8 problems 422 6
- Time values in Excel 66 2
- RTI / P11d 80 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 432 7
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,049 20
- Company car in the LLP 263 4
- flat rate scheme 2,011 39
- Changing shareholding ratio 1,158 9
- Time to react ? ? ? 462 5
- Hello 421 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,938 53
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 186 1