CGT - Temporary non-residence, Am I missing something
My client has been working overseas for several years. Non-res no probs and HMRC know this.
He bought a property in 1995 (when he was UK res) and sold it in June 2010 (when he was not). He came back in August 2011, 11/12 not the year of sale.
I need to check when he became non-res but my reading of s10A TCGA says "between year of departure and year of arrival there must be fewer than five years".
So if my client has been overseas for 10 years, say, it looks like s10A does not operate. Then what, no CGT? Surely it can't be simple.
It's very late. Am I being stupid?
- Childcare vouchers 356 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 52 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 58 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 47 1
- two business from one premises 173 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 38 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 239 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 396 9
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 323 4
- Merry Christmas 107 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 79 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,080 12
- Anyone else still working this week? 414 13
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,427 9
- Using home as clients registered address 155 3
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 541 12
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 117 2
- How much does the company pay 722 30
- AIA 293 18
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 183 5
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 506
- corporate hierarchy 470
- Advice - 325
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 274
- WWOOFers 265
- The booking.com con 248
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 243
- Cocaine anyone? 230
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 219
- UK State pension paid in NZ 177