Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 195 6
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 684 10
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 70 2
- Can S455 tax repaid 34 1
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 316 4
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 631 22
- How to explain this to someone 326 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 85 2
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 48 2
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 695 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 279 4
- Old CGT loss 344 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 294 2
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 172 6
- Start up allowance? 485 13
- New Starter Checklist 341 9
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 452 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 838 22
- Goodwill complications 357 7
- HMRC Distraint 264 2
- TheTax Donut 1,075
- Follower cases 513
- Hive up 447
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 417
- corporate hierarchy 406
- LIVE chat, starting now 390
- Advice - 227
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 198
- Amortisation of Goodwill 195
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 183