Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 752 17
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 233 6
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,548 42
- CIC Company 382 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,648 57
- Is this a scam? 755 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 114 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 327 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 234 5
- New company - form a group? 155 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 173 4
- PITA client 214 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 364 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,311 33
- Dividend dates 489 8
- R&D tax credit claim 217 5
- CIS Deductions 271 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 115 1
- is this fraud? 788 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 496 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 345
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 331
- Cancelled 282
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 254
- Probiz 241
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 185
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 176
- Car leasing scheme 176
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 155