Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- Accountant Specialization. 317 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 167 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 66 1
- Recommendations for online payroll software 216 2
- HMRC Information notice 919 24
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,269 29
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,682 42
- Sage Line 50 145 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 105 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 374 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 372 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 142 1
- Freelance/Employee 683 17
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 179 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 187 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 490 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 123 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 610 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 708 5
- Agent Authorisation Issue 216 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 749
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 407
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 359
- Electric Car 291
- S222 Charge 240
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 197
- IP trans to holding company 191
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 176
- AIA 170
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 170