Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- Anybody still doing returns? 699 30
- Clothing 505 13
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 98 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 153 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 62 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 340 16
- Designated sole Residence 129 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 711 15
- Anyone know what this is? 221 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 885 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 493 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 259 9
- no utr 277 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,114 49
- Director drawings 601 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 290 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 86 1
- Capital Loss 123 3
- LLP formed in 2013 97 1
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 192 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 950
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 672
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 621
- Latest phishing scam 597
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 434
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 323
- Scratch Head 260
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 253
- Sabbatical payments 213
- Negligible Value Claim 194