Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 20 1
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,078 23
- LLP members share of profits 478 28
- How often can you change VAT scheme in a year? 38 2
- VAT Option to tax 372 10
- Value pricing 2,425 99
- Secondment expenses 54 3
- husband and wife dividends 240 2
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 275 4
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 1,791 14
- BEST CPD COURSE 129 2
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 300 17
- VAT BOX 6 & 7 errors 104 5
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 357 2
- Sage payroll 655 14
- Client has been fined by HMRC 834 18
- Consortium relief and bad debts 87 4
- Entrepreneurs Relief 129 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,073 17
- Laptop purchase 1,595 21
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 895
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 627
- Free Tax Legislation? 385
- Director Loan account operation 382
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 309
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 308
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 279
- Paye procedures for CVA 212
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 210
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 167