Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- property capital gains 169 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 171 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,168 13
- Tips on meals 190 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 518 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 178 3
- Personal Tax 738 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 203 2
- Stumped - IHT 162 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 414 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 474 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,287 33
- Credit management tools 157 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 772 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 412 7
- CGT and primary residence 188 1
- Marriage Allowance 292 3
- S455 and February year ends 343 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 897 18
- Closing down loss-making company 464 5