Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- Company Accounts 408 8
- What is the role of an accountant? 282 8
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,291 22
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 63 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 269 7
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 31 2
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 183 4
- VAT on introducer fees 106 2
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 35 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 169 12
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 311 18
- Scottish but not UK 266 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 254 9
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 279 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,152 362
- CIS 336 11
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 110 5
- Sole Trade - Losses B/Fwd 284 14
- Construction Industry Scheme Age Limit 107 3
- P11D Query 116 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,220
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 427
- National Insurance 326
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 319
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Non Resident 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 239
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 222
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154