Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- letter of reference 218 4
- Staff 211 4
- Software for Accounts layout 397 8
- Income prior to company formation 369 10
- rental property, pre letting costs 173 4
- VAT on farm machinery sold 369 7
- Non-resident company director 117 2
- are we that stupid 975 21
- Looking to move my email from PC to cloud 172 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 747 13
- Can this be done? 204 1
- Capital Allowance & AIA 139 1
- Foster Care 144 1
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 356 5
- Flexible report structure in cloud accounting 111 1
- Self Assessment penalties again 316 3
- Flat Management Company 222 1
- Share structure questions - close company 199 2
- Roll old capital gain into current one or declare separately? 185 4
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 353 5
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 331
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 287
- French ConnectionUK 268
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 252
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 218
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 218
- CentreCRM - anybody using it? 163
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 156
- E-mailing customer invoices in VT Transaction+ 155
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 149