Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 87 6
- Late RTI filing re SMP 92 2
- Additional information attached to accounts 177 2
- CIS Software 109 1
- Company assets 359 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 219 6
- MoneySoft 163 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 64 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 659 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 144 2
- Self assessment 144 1
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 144 2
- Claiming VAT 124 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,119 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 176 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 273 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 270 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 154 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 510 9
- Director resignation 740 21
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 503
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 477
- Is there anything wrong with this? 278
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 266
- Uncommercial property business 241
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 204
- Registering online CWF1 183
- Accrued income scheme 179
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 179
- VAT - registration needed? 177