Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 980 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 225 2
- Dental practice incorpration 100 1
- Audit rules 144 4
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 216 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 796 20
- Go Cardless 254 8
- business entertaining deductibility 110 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 107 2
- R & D 99 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 67 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 104 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 141 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 129 1
- New Business Registration 209 5
- Hosted email exchange 124 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 143 1
- G P life time allowance 113 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 368 11
- Bringing money to Uk 213 3
- Xtuple 500
- Qtac payroll for bureau 333
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 277
- Industrial & Provident Societies 274
- Mehjoo 219
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 216
- New strategic report 169
- Domain name sale and limited company 156
- South African Government Pension 152
- CIS schemes 146