Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- Cloud-based email services? 23 1
- Rental holiday in lieu of repairs 447 10
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 1,392 12
- CisVerification as an agent 213 3
- Is the CT61 return dead? 463 7
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 457 5
- Dormant co. now trading 64 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 427 11
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 265 4
- Property letting & CAs 468 2
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,419 19
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 152 2
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 552 7
- Transmission of ISA 271 4
- Opt To Tax Refund 72 1
- Deduction for Flat Rate Scheme VAT 297 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 377 6
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 348 6
- backpack 433 4
- CIS 394 9
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 717
- 2015 tax year end 451
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 423
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 364
- Costly Accounting Software contract 329
- Directors' advances and credits 270
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 240
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 226
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 204