Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 142 4
- Accountants' Error 695 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 145 3
- Scoot 183 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 152 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 202 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 661 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,453 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 109 1
- Regaining my qualification 200 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 235 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 232 2
- Auto enrolment 193 3
- Shareholder agreement 173 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 196 3
- Company Reorganisation 165 3
- Employee Loan 207 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 465 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 596 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 150 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,452
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 765
- Any views 698
- HMRC Employers Diary 523
- International interest certificate 425
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 389
- Sale of business 355
- NOVA 260
- Advertising services? 255
- IRIS Open Books problem 249