Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- Sole trader - bank statements 298 14
- Giving a seminar 621 33
- Boffin of the Year 116 6
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 439 9
- Altered PAYE cheque 425 9
- PAYE versus Dividends 105 1
- equipment rental 60 1
- Flat Rate Scheme 365 16
- Non sequitur 139 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,186 63
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 570 11
- Employer pension contribution as part of redundancy package 119 3
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 259 9
- Am i Liable? 782 19
- Joint Filing Help 162 3
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 235 8
- audit for 50% associate? 88 2
- Contingent Asset Disclosure 101 5
- Write off of former director's loan 807 12
- HMRC Appeals 127 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,279
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 629
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 416
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 325
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 242
- Alphabet shares 214
- Agent fees to sell business 205
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 200
- Office recharges 161
- Tax position on lease extension 156