Change to Corporation Tax After Filing Accounts
I recently picked up a client who's accounts filing deadline was not very far away, hence there was a little rush to it.
I managed to file the accounts before the filing deadline passed and prepared a draft CT comp in order to post corporation tax figures into the accounts. Now I am looking to finalise the corporation tax return, I have noticed that the previous accountant had treated two motorbikes incorrectly for capital allowance purposes. They had included them in a special pool as opposed to the general pool, as they are post 2009 purchases. As they were disposed during the year, I initially treated them with a balancing allowance, when what I should have done (my interpretation) is transfer them to the general pool and continue to write them down.
As a result of this the corporation tax figure in my accounts will be wrong so I have a couple of questions in this regard:
1. Do I need to re-submit amended accounts with Companies House or can I make the amendment in next year's accounts?
2. If I have to re-submit, as the filing deadline has passed, will the accounts be subject to a late filing penalty?
3. If I can make the amendment in next year's accounts, will HMRC not notice that the CT figure in the accounts doesn't match up with the CT600 when they get the iXBRL copy?
- Invoice in directors name - can company claim VAT?? 148 1
- New client procedure 21 1
- Transfer of stock 129 6
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 193 7
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 722 9
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 368 12
- error on companies house accounts 596 16
- FBI2 113 2
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,591 116
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 1,110 9
- Tolley UK sales number 46 1
- On line Remote Training 97 2
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 379 9
- PPR election time limit - change in the number of residences 72 1
- Virtually Impossible 373 6
- Personal allowance for non-resident 98 2
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 152 2
- Brightpay 102 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 67 1
- Newly Started Practice 605 12
- QROP pension input amounts 486
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 461
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 428
- EPS and CIS deductions 281
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 274
- Construction CIS LLP Company 264
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 226
- SAGE winforecast 189
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 183
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 175