Change of name/image - client reaction
I asked a question before on behalf of a friend who was going through some major changes with partners leaving and new ones joining. He was pleased with the advice received so I thought I'd float another issue he's been chatting to me about.
The new partners in the practice are keen to push the business forward with new specialisms and seem more dynamic than the leavers. He is talking excitedly about doubling the fees in a few years and maybe even moving offices. But he is torn about rebranding the practice. One of the new partners is very keen on a completely new name, logo and corporate image, selling it to clients as a new bright start with improved service (my friend admits things have got a bit stale recently). The others do not want to upset the applecart at what will be a time of some change anyway - they prefer to keep things much as they are in case existing clients see the changes as an excuse to bail out.
I'm wondering if members have any experience of a major rebranding and how the clients reacted. I should confess my advice is to go for it and let clients new and old see that there is a new and better approach to their affairs. I believe it is the people who really matter but he is very nervous of indicating any major change.
- flat rate scheme 180 4
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 217 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,967 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 139 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 476 5
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 163 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 102 1
- VAT refund 322 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,285 37
- Turnover on a tax return 556 12
- incorrect old p60 566 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 145 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 188 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 162 1
- Special dividends & CGT 209 1
- Networking 372 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 282 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 308 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 345 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 300 2