Changing interest in property
I have a situation where an individual owns a property, and wishes his wife to benefit from the rents and the property from now on.
He has drafted a deed, which gives his wife the property.
The Financial advisor says that is all that has to do - he can hold the legal ownership - and not tell the Land Registry (and I assume the mortgage company) - as he has transferred the equitable interest to his wife.
In other words created a trust.
The deed says that he did this on 6th April last year, but it is dated today.
Is this ok?
They did not own the property jointly?
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 241 2
- P35 and Service Company questions 169 4
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 526 20
- Administrative restoration 90 1
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,611 13
- Bereavment payment 123 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 109 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,136 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 283 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 364 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,304 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 165 2
- Companies House incorporation service 369 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 86 1
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 203 6
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 283 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 151 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 164 3
- Share Capital 145 2
- Trading income or not? 212 1
- Xtuple 550
- Qtac payroll for bureau 377
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 321
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 297
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 192
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 181