Changing interest in property
I have a situation where an individual owns a property, and wishes his wife to benefit from the rents and the property from now on.
He has drafted a deed, which gives his wife the property.
The Financial advisor says that is all that has to do - he can hold the legal ownership - and not tell the Land Registry (and I assume the mortgage company) - as he has transferred the equitable interest to his wife.
In other words created a trust.
The deed says that he did this on 6th April last year, but it is dated today.
Is this ok?
They did not own the property jointly?
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 793 15
- Company Van 130 3
- cash basis 63 1
- Restoring a Ltd company which had been struck off 212 8
- question 139 2
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 73 1
- Connected person and properties 110 2
- Do your DIY clients ever get their books right ? 659 13
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 254 3
- Business only use of company car 1,559 34
- Overlap profits 363 14
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 760 11
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,322 12
- HMRC Security Deposit 399 12
- Invoicing for monthly clients 363 7
- Company investment 758 9
- Entrepreneur's Relief Query 351 6
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 359 1
- Bookkeeping for voluntary organisations 247 3
- Tax - Paying Yearly 560 17
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 384
- Any thoughts on Capium? 352
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 279
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 254
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 237
- French ConnectionUK 188
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 183
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 172
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 172
- APN's 163