Changing interest in property
I have a situation where an individual owns a property, and wishes his wife to benefit from the rents and the property from now on.
He has drafted a deed, which gives his wife the property.
The Financial advisor says that is all that has to do - he can hold the legal ownership - and not tell the Land Registry (and I assume the mortgage company) - as he has transferred the equitable interest to his wife.
In other words created a trust.
The deed says that he did this on 6th April last year, but it is dated today.
Is this ok?
They did not own the property jointly?
- Does reputation of a tax agent affect likelihood of a HMRC audit 277 4
- Family property company Benefit in Kind and ATED issues 68 1
- PPR ELECTION 331 10
- Microsoft One Drive 265 8
- Capital Allowances for cars/hackney carriages 106 2
- Travel expenses for director - flight 385 4
- Invoices 150 1
- Not a question but made my day 650 14
- Accounts Package 286 8
- Question about VAT Group Registration 128 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 650 18
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 268 3
- Repayment of Share Capital 410 8
- VAT on property 144 1
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 304 4
- Late night meals self employed 377 2
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 425 9
- EBT Self Assessment Return 275 1
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,908 18
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 142 1
- NHS finance professionals 573
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 379
- Foreign Pension Contribution 349
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 330
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 312
- vat gross profit percentage margins 310
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 287
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 255
- Thinning income 236
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 208