Changing interest in property
I have a situation where an individual owns a property, and wishes his wife to benefit from the rents and the property from now on.
He has drafted a deed, which gives his wife the property.
The Financial advisor says that is all that has to do - he can hold the legal ownership - and not tell the Land Registry (and I assume the mortgage company) - as he has transferred the equitable interest to his wife.
In other words created a trust.
The deed says that he did this on 6th April last year, but it is dated today.
Is this ok?
They did not own the property jointly?
- Money Soft payroll 514 11
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 177 2
- Change of payroll software 405 10
- Director phone costs 263 1
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 284 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 323 8
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 343 7
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 198 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 145 4
- VAT surcharges and change of business entity 34 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,381 20
- Should I move back home away from my office? 505 10
- Property income in different capacities 146 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 269 6
- Contract Hire of Vans for Limited Company 98 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 423 10
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 169 1
- Scanners 190 4
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 249 3
- Payment plans for clients 175 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,180
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 800
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 494
- Digita Hosted Software 323
- Credit where credit's due....... 280
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 229
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 162
- how to object to registered company name... 146
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 142
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 130