Changing interest in property
I have a situation where an individual owns a property, and wishes his wife to benefit from the rents and the property from now on.
He has drafted a deed, which gives his wife the property.
The Financial advisor says that is all that has to do - he can hold the legal ownership - and not tell the Land Registry (and I assume the mortgage company) - as he has transferred the equitable interest to his wife.
In other words created a trust.
The deed says that he did this on 6th April last year, but it is dated today.
Is this ok?
They did not own the property jointly?
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,615 23
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 78 6
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 69 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 231 6
- Companies House 280 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 86 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 95 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 322 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 101 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 207 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 662 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 649 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 131 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 666 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 477 5
- SA tax assessments 166 2
- Director self assessment 403 16
- Sage Import Data 176 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 239 2
- Dividend Vouchers 284 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 428
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 288
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 241
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 216
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 211
- Slight twist on employment related securities 195
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 143
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 141