Changing interest in property
I have a situation where an individual owns a property, and wishes his wife to benefit from the rents and the property from now on.
He has drafted a deed, which gives his wife the property.
The Financial advisor says that is all that has to do - he can hold the legal ownership - and not tell the Land Registry (and I assume the mortgage company) - as he has transferred the equitable interest to his wife.
In other words created a trust.
The deed says that he did this on 6th April last year, but it is dated today.
Is this ok?
They did not own the property jointly?
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,462 5
- How much does the company pay 69 2
- Help with CGT please 82 3
- Lack of VAT Receipt 113 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 310 6
- Benefit in Kind 296 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 321 17
- Will I need to resign? 938 11
- Cocaine anyone? 668 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 256 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 156 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 199 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 181 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 846 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 549 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 720 13
- Personal pension 451 9
- Business rates consultancy 273 4
- Wrong tax code 188 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 115 2
- Hive up 515
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 477
- corporate hierarchy 455
- Advice - 299
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 246
- WWOOFers 242
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 222
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 198
- The booking.com con 185
- Cocaine anyone? 169