Changing interest in property
I have a situation where an individual owns a property, and wishes his wife to benefit from the rents and the property from now on.
He has drafted a deed, which gives his wife the property.
The Financial advisor says that is all that has to do - he can hold the legal ownership - and not tell the Land Registry (and I assume the mortgage company) - as he has transferred the equitable interest to his wife.
In other words created a trust.
The deed says that he did this on 6th April last year, but it is dated today.
Is this ok?
They did not own the property jointly?
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 172 4
- client can't/won't pay 128 7
- Auto enrolment 1,607 26
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 184 8
- losses carried forward 338 9
- VT 325 7
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 672 18
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 438 21
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 85 2
- 5% penalty on late payment 111 2
- Ongoing trade? 234 5
- Tax Enquiry - Inspector Error 266 2
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 857 41
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 141 3
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 727 19
- Tax Penalty overeaction 549 10
- New Boiler at Rental Property 248 3
- Can I undertake a solicitors audit? 237 4
- Freelance software consultant 283 3
- opening balamces 348 11
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 774
- Copy Wanted 487
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 450
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 448
- Latest phishing scam 278
- Entrepreneurs' relief 260
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 257
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 242
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 226
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 222