Changing interest in property
I have a situation where an individual owns a property, and wishes his wife to benefit from the rents and the property from now on.
He has drafted a deed, which gives his wife the property.
The Financial advisor says that is all that has to do - he can hold the legal ownership - and not tell the Land Registry (and I assume the mortgage company) - as he has transferred the equitable interest to his wife.
In other words created a trust.
The deed says that he did this on 6th April last year, but it is dated today.
Is this ok?
They did not own the property jointly?
- Time to ditch Sage? 139 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 245 8
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 133 2
- Non VAT invoices 125 2
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 268 8
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,358 32
- Fees 149 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 239 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 191 2
- Form 17 Download 104 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 540 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 370 4
- HMRC Information notice 985 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 268 3
- Accountant Specialization. 373 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,751 42
- Sage Line 50 171 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 184 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 450 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 395 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 757
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 412
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 363
- Electric Car 298
- S222 Charge 244
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 203
- IP trans to holding company 193
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 182
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 177
- AIA 176