Charge VAT on courses ?
A newly formed company is going to be running courses for groups and individuals on maritime security. I think these would be regarded as 'vocational training' , but am not sure if the company would be an 'eligible body', I'm inclined to think not.
Question is whether the company is making exempt supplies or standard rate; if the latter it needs to register for VAT of course.
Anyone acting for any similar companies and can advise?
- Cash gift from India 462 13
- last minute request 97 2
- GP ACCOUNTS 51 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 360 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 47 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 194 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,116 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 634 6
- Overseas workday relief 131 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 254 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 655 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 86 1
- MVL 251 4
- Disengagement Help! 1,488 22
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 115 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 729 11
- Change PAYE agent address 198 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 85 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 247 4
- AccountingWEB survey 368 4