Charity and Limited Company status confused..
A client is a sole director of a Limited Company ABC Limited. He registered as a charity as ABS, an unincorporated association.
He listed the charity number on his emails from the ABC Limited a number of months ago, and I explained that the entities were completely separate etc, sent email explaining that he can not ditribute profit from a charity etc etc.
So, he has called today, to say a customer has asked for the Charity accounts etc etc.. We are not appointed for the Charity, and indeed it hasn't done anything yet, not even opened a bank account, however, the client filed the Annual Return for the charity containing the income details from the Limited Company.
On all communications with his customers, he has stated that the business is a charity etc etc and invoices have the charity number.
What are the potential implications legally for this client?
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 427 12
- Shareholders selling shares to shareholders, how to account for it? 14 1
- Dispensation pointless ? 475 12
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 84 2
- Is Hold over relief available? 83 4
- can I claim a per diem 168 3
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 241 7
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 811 10
- Linux Accounting Software 529 11
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,183 27
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 444 14
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 364 8
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 219 5
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 380 8
- Business Christmas Greetings 835 17
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 485 11
- SME Direct Debit 731 12
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,099 18
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 170 6
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 336 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 810
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 496
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 312
- How to format a stock book 275
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 223
- Tax efficient holding company structure 216
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 206
- Investment property company accounts template 200
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 178
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 175