Cheapest phone packages
A lot of my work is done from a home office, I use Skype (using a London phone number) for calling landline numbers and generally my mobile for calling other numbers,
On the basis that most of my phone calls are to mobile numbers and HMRC on their 0845 numbers, I'm finding that my call costs are getting more and more expensive (not covered by either my Skype package or my mobile package).
What do other people use to call mobiles and 0845 type numbers?
By way of comparison Skype charge approximately 15p per minute to mobiles and between 7p to nearly 14p per minute for 08xx numbers.
I'm finding that calls to HMRC are typically lasting 20 minutes (once I've got through their numerous menu's and recorded messages, waited, then spoken to someone, then waited, then spoken to someone else, then waited for their computer system), before I know it the call cost is over £2.
Interested in knowing what others do?
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 81 3
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 455 19
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 137 6
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 549 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 243 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 86 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 165 3
- Foreign income for self employed 103 1
- tax credits 60 4
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 598 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 48 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 482 10
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 193 1
- EC VAT 222 10
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 216 7
- Musician deductible expenses 91 1
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 101 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 282 8
- Flat rate vat error 345 7
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 545 13
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 851
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 510
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 323
- How to format a stock book 296
- Tax efficient holding company structure 235
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 232
- Investment property company accounts template 221
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 215
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 182
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 153