Child Benefit Charge
Husband (H) and Wife (W) got divorced last year. They have 2 children who live with mother (W). The divorced husband (H) provides maintenance for W and kids. H earns over £60K. W is in a new relationship with X who lives with W. X earns over £60K. H is also in a new relationship with partner Z. W earns less than £50K.
Who suffers the High Income Child Benefit Charge (and has to fill in a tax return)? What if X also supports his own children and wife from a previous marriage? What if Z earns <£50K and also has children so you have another household partnership of H and Z?
Feedback welcome. Thanks.
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,665 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 287 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 178 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,551 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 70 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 220 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 220 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 816 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 108 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,297 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 909 37
- Second Limited Company 125 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 496 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 292 8
- Probate services 371 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 506 20
- trading losses allowable? 760 14
- Post AAT? 692 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 152 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2