I've just started working for a Company that uses subcontractors. This company has never deducted CIS as the engineers used were primarily air conditioning engineers. Yet now we are also going to be using Electrical Subcontractors.
We don't really want to go down the CIS route and I've noticed on the HMRC website that if its less than £1 million spent on construction works then there would be no need to deduct CIS from the subcontractors. Am I understanding this correctly that as our company's turnover is around £650k per year and that is for both air conditioning works and electrical works we would not have to make any deductions?
I've also being told by someone already in the industry that if our subcontractors become a limited company and I work for them as a book-keeper and do all the accounting works for them that this would be another way of not having to deduct anything.
Can anyone assist me as I want to make sure that what my MD wants to do is correct and that there will be no comeback from the HMRC as I know how strict they are when it comes to CIS.
Any advice will be grately appreciated.
- Flat rate scheme 122 3
- Drop box Storage 148 3
- Is this fraud? 189 4
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 258 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,154 413
- Saying goodbye 281 7
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 604 4
- Furnished lettings criteria 78 1
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 402 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 90 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 355 11
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 89 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 200 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 292 15
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 299 1
- Sportman claiming for training kit 961 10
- Naming new company 157 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 783 33
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 156 2
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 286 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,268
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 452
- National Insurance 351
- Non Resident 265
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 258
- Franchise income and costs 235
- Hands on experience of Digita 192
- Employer's Helpline 144
- employment capital allowances 134
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 130