I've just started working for a Company that uses subcontractors. This company has never deducted CIS as the engineers used were primarily air conditioning engineers. Yet now we are also going to be using Electrical Subcontractors.
We don't really want to go down the CIS route and I've noticed on the HMRC website that if its less than £1 million spent on construction works then there would be no need to deduct CIS from the subcontractors. Am I understanding this correctly that as our company's turnover is around £650k per year and that is for both air conditioning works and electrical works we would not have to make any deductions?
I've also being told by someone already in the industry that if our subcontractors become a limited company and I work for them as a book-keeper and do all the accounting works for them that this would be another way of not having to deduct anything.
Can anyone assist me as I want to make sure that what my MD wants to do is correct and that there will be no comeback from the HMRC as I know how strict they are when it comes to CIS.
Any advice will be grately appreciated.
- What can my client claim r & d on? 105 3
- R&D tax credit claim 72 1
- Invoice Help 396 11
- CGT 44 2
- is my company accounts right? 830 22
- Corporate shareholder question 191 3
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 266 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,021 28
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 403 9
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 374 6
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 88 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,515 55
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,563 21
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 124 1
- P11D Dispensation 115 1
- I have missing sales invoices 386 5
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 279 8
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 378 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,046 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,064 26
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 556
- Cancelled 320
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 320
- Cancelled 269
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 228
- Married woman dies owning marital home 223
- Probiz 212
- What's the market like for temps? 203
- CIS Deductions 171
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 163