I've just started working for a Company that uses subcontractors. This company has never deducted CIS as the engineers used were primarily air conditioning engineers. Yet now we are also going to be using Electrical Subcontractors.
We don't really want to go down the CIS route and I've noticed on the HMRC website that if its less than £1 million spent on construction works then there would be no need to deduct CIS from the subcontractors. Am I understanding this correctly that as our company's turnover is around £650k per year and that is for both air conditioning works and electrical works we would not have to make any deductions?
I've also being told by someone already in the industry that if our subcontractors become a limited company and I work for them as a book-keeper and do all the accounting works for them that this would be another way of not having to deduct anything.
Can anyone assist me as I want to make sure that what my MD wants to do is correct and that there will be no comeback from the HMRC as I know how strict they are when it comes to CIS.
Any advice will be grately appreciated.
- Introduction of Goodwill 411 11
- do i pay vat when buying a business 230 17
- Professional Clearance 173 5
- Zero Rated Catering delivery charges 94 4
- are receipts needed? 359 12
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 612 21
- New accountant 504 9
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 221 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,062 67
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 125 3
- Working out a daily rate 308 7
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 604 9
- Loss Relief 151 2
- Tax case reference request 232 3
- How to? 162 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 196 1
- Amending prior year accounts for the first time? 1,418 25
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 523 6
- Loan notes payment of principal and interest 121 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 232 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,591
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 886
- International interest certificate 495
- NOVA 352
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 275
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 256
- Management expenses for investment company 244
- Bonus Bonds 242
- Help with tax codes on Sage 188
- Capital reduction 173