I've just started working for a Company that uses subcontractors. This company has never deducted CIS as the engineers used were primarily air conditioning engineers. Yet now we are also going to be using Electrical Subcontractors.
We don't really want to go down the CIS route and I've noticed on the HMRC website that if its less than £1 million spent on construction works then there would be no need to deduct CIS from the subcontractors. Am I understanding this correctly that as our company's turnover is around £650k per year and that is for both air conditioning works and electrical works we would not have to make any deductions?
I've also being told by someone already in the industry that if our subcontractors become a limited company and I work for them as a book-keeper and do all the accounting works for them that this would be another way of not having to deduct anything.
Can anyone assist me as I want to make sure that what my MD wants to do is correct and that there will be no comeback from the HMRC as I know how strict they are when it comes to CIS.
Any advice will be grately appreciated.
- Which tax returns can I submit? 173 5
- Cocaine anyone? 897 15
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 259 5
- Vat on new builds 65 1
- Using home as clients registered address 239 5
- VAT MOSS registration 98 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 471 15
- How much does the company pay 822 35
- HMRC property income enquiry 457 10
- Proof of identification 136 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 163 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 126 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 309 5
- Childcare vouchers 375 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 107 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 101 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 96 1
- two business from one premises 197 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 76 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 380 4
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 516
- corporate hierarchy 480
- Advice - 333
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 281
- WWOOFers 270
- The booking.com con 257
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 257
- Cocaine anyone? 238
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 233
- UK State pension paid in NZ 182