I've just started working for a Company that uses subcontractors. This company has never deducted CIS as the engineers used were primarily air conditioning engineers. Yet now we are also going to be using Electrical Subcontractors.
We don't really want to go down the CIS route and I've noticed on the HMRC website that if its less than £1 million spent on construction works then there would be no need to deduct CIS from the subcontractors. Am I understanding this correctly that as our company's turnover is around £650k per year and that is for both air conditioning works and electrical works we would not have to make any deductions?
I've also being told by someone already in the industry that if our subcontractors become a limited company and I work for them as a book-keeper and do all the accounting works for them that this would be another way of not having to deduct anything.
Can anyone assist me as I want to make sure that what my MD wants to do is correct and that there will be no comeback from the HMRC as I know how strict they are when it comes to CIS.
Any advice will be grately appreciated.
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 220 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 373 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 705 18
- B2B vat in the EU 164 4
- Coding Notice 202 6
- VAT on Hire Purchase 96 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 186 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 209 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 174 4
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 167 3
- LLP as member of LLP 121 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,787 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 485 7
- Vat 289 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,291 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 201 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 185 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,505 18
- CT/CIS offset 158 2
- Trade name 216 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 835
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 714
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 397
- Social investment tax relief 213
- Digita Hosted Software 208
- Call Centre Data Costs 196
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 168
- accounting for this transaction 162
- Travel costs and contractors 161
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 155