I've just started working for a Company that uses subcontractors. This company has never deducted CIS as the engineers used were primarily air conditioning engineers. Yet now we are also going to be using Electrical Subcontractors.
We don't really want to go down the CIS route and I've noticed on the HMRC website that if its less than £1 million spent on construction works then there would be no need to deduct CIS from the subcontractors. Am I understanding this correctly that as our company's turnover is around £650k per year and that is for both air conditioning works and electrical works we would not have to make any deductions?
I've also being told by someone already in the industry that if our subcontractors become a limited company and I work for them as a book-keeper and do all the accounting works for them that this would be another way of not having to deduct anything.
Can anyone assist me as I want to make sure that what my MD wants to do is correct and that there will be no comeback from the HMRC as I know how strict they are when it comes to CIS.
Any advice will be grately appreciated.
- Trust income, R185 form 108 2
- R&D tax credits 136 6
- Trust 126 2
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,109 14
- Before 2015 budget did dividend income impact on savings tax rate up to 2014-2015? 390 11
- Tax-free savings and "taxable income" 3,014 57
- Client's company struck off 2,249 27
- Sale of land at an undervalue in return for an income stream? 40 2
- sage 217 5
- Little Green Man needs help HGV driver LTD company 303 7
- Sage Payroll 264 5
- Pre trading expenditure 80 1
- Reverse charge on services between UK and IE 115 2
- Double entry 286 6
- ATED on a hotel that isn't in use? 140 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,183 18
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 791 12
- Improvements to leasehold property and Capital Allowances 90 2
- Annual Report - How to? 517 25
- Outsourcing Payroll 246 3
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 549
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 472
- EPS and CIS deductions 331
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 313
- Construction CIS LLP Company 307
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 303
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 273
- Overdrawn director account 231
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 207
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 207