I've just started working for a Company that uses subcontractors. This company has never deducted CIS as the engineers used were primarily air conditioning engineers. Yet now we are also going to be using Electrical Subcontractors.
We don't really want to go down the CIS route and I've noticed on the HMRC website that if its less than £1 million spent on construction works then there would be no need to deduct CIS from the subcontractors. Am I understanding this correctly that as our company's turnover is around £650k per year and that is for both air conditioning works and electrical works we would not have to make any deductions?
I've also being told by someone already in the industry that if our subcontractors become a limited company and I work for them as a book-keeper and do all the accounting works for them that this would be another way of not having to deduct anything.
Can anyone assist me as I want to make sure that what my MD wants to do is correct and that there will be no comeback from the HMRC as I know how strict they are when it comes to CIS.
Any advice will be grately appreciated.
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 117 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,040 47
- CGT on lost shares/scam 367 4
- Setting up a practice 360 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 481 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 437 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 254 1
- Love is in the air 525 6
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 653 17
- Stamp Duty 294 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 238 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,802 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 574 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 250 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 262 9
- Client Paperwork Retention? 571 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 581 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 377 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 395 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 455 6
- DTA tie-breaker issue 300
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 289
- CGT for NOn UK residents 280
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 276
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 254
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 240
- Apprenticeship Levy 236
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 225
- Capital Gains personal representatives 220
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 208