I've just started working for a Company that uses subcontractors. This company has never deducted CIS as the engineers used were primarily air conditioning engineers. Yet now we are also going to be using Electrical Subcontractors.
We don't really want to go down the CIS route and I've noticed on the HMRC website that if its less than £1 million spent on construction works then there would be no need to deduct CIS from the subcontractors. Am I understanding this correctly that as our company's turnover is around £650k per year and that is for both air conditioning works and electrical works we would not have to make any deductions?
I've also being told by someone already in the industry that if our subcontractors become a limited company and I work for them as a book-keeper and do all the accounting works for them that this would be another way of not having to deduct anything.
Can anyone assist me as I want to make sure that what my MD wants to do is correct and that there will be no comeback from the HMRC as I know how strict they are when it comes to CIS.
Any advice will be grately appreciated.
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 247 4
- Value pricing 2,467 100
- LLP members share of profits 510 30
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 77 1
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 82 4
- husband and wife dividends 336 10
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,150 26
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,145 18
- VAT Option to tax 401 12
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 75 2
- Has anyone knowledge of Creditserve 59 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 1,930 15
- Entrepreneurs Relief 149 4
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 93 2
- Business travel apps 126 3
- How often can you change VAT scheme in a year? 83 2
- Secondment expenses 98 3
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 285 4
- BEST CPD COURSE 143 2
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 313 17
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 897
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 631
- Free Tax Legislation? 390
- Director Loan account operation 387
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 312
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 310
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 282
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 214
- Paye procedures for CVA 214
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 173