I've just started working for a Company that uses subcontractors. This company has never deducted CIS as the engineers used were primarily air conditioning engineers. Yet now we are also going to be using Electrical Subcontractors.
We don't really want to go down the CIS route and I've noticed on the HMRC website that if its less than £1 million spent on construction works then there would be no need to deduct CIS from the subcontractors. Am I understanding this correctly that as our company's turnover is around £650k per year and that is for both air conditioning works and electrical works we would not have to make any deductions?
I've also being told by someone already in the industry that if our subcontractors become a limited company and I work for them as a book-keeper and do all the accounting works for them that this would be another way of not having to deduct anything.
Can anyone assist me as I want to make sure that what my MD wants to do is correct and that there will be no comeback from the HMRC as I know how strict they are when it comes to CIS.
Any advice will be grately appreciated.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 591 5
- See you all on the other side 673 6
- 12Pay 436 2
- dividends 586 2
- R&D 304 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,163 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 432 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 392 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 361 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 536 5
- Seeking a tax case 633 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 492 4
- Companies house strike off 525 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 412 2
- Moving to the cloud 730 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 211 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 886 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 204 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,087 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 484 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 556
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 419
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 369
- IRIS and FRS 102 352
- Capitalising Finance Lease 318
- USA help 314
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 294
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 286
- Marginal rates of tax 274
- Capital gains on rental property 262