Contracting client uses self employed sub-contractors. They have been approached by a company who will act as an intermediary and the intermediary will operate a contract for services with the subbie and supply the services of the subbie to the contractor.
Can anyone advise as to what the tax risks are here (and any benefits)?
Would the setup remove the potential employment risk for the contractor?
If the sub contractors were deemed employees and couldnt pay the PAYE/NI would the MSC transfer of debt regulations apply and be transferred to the contractor?
Also, could the Agency Workers Regulations apply if the subbies are used for more than 12 weeks?
Thank you for any help.
- The stupidity continues 1,369 70
- AML report needed? 159 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 200 6
- RE assets introduced and rent 70 1
- transactions after account have been closed 307 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 62 1
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 153 2
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 387 9
- Marketing and email surprises 448 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 763 26
- What is IRIS World like? 408 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 322 5
- Mlom bollocks 249 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 106 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 589 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 309 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 284 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 167 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,377 25
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 444
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 443
- WIP Software 307
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 293
- No payroll scheme in place 241
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 235
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 215
- Is there anything wrong with this? 210
- Small Part Disposal of Property 196
- Uncommercial property business 187