Contracting client uses self employed sub-contractors. They have been approached by a company who will act as an intermediary and the intermediary will operate a contract for services with the subbie and supply the services of the subbie to the contractor.
Can anyone advise as to what the tax risks are here (and any benefits)?
Would the setup remove the potential employment risk for the contractor?
If the sub contractors were deemed employees and couldnt pay the PAYE/NI would the MSC transfer of debt regulations apply and be transferred to the contractor?
Also, could the Agency Workers Regulations apply if the subbies are used for more than 12 weeks?
Thank you for any help.
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 830 26
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 272 4
- Cocaine anyone? 151 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,468 21
- ACCA - still making me laugh 455 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 251 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 326 11
- Tax return software for remote working 478 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 544 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 443 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 449 9
- How to purchase business premises? 166 2
- Will I need to resign? 829 10
- Childcare vouchers 189 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 276 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 300 6
- VAT avoidance? 237 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 193 3
- PAYE coding out 207 3
- Follower cases 577 2
- Hive up 476
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 438
- corporate hierarchy 416
- Advice - 249
- Amortisation of Goodwill 222
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 208
- WWOOFers 202
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 188
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 183
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 179