Contracting client uses self employed sub-contractors. They have been approached by a company who will act as an intermediary and the intermediary will operate a contract for services with the subbie and supply the services of the subbie to the contractor.
Can anyone advise as to what the tax risks are here (and any benefits)?
Would the setup remove the potential employment risk for the contractor?
If the sub contractors were deemed employees and couldnt pay the PAYE/NI would the MSC transfer of debt regulations apply and be transferred to the contractor?
Also, could the Agency Workers Regulations apply if the subbies are used for more than 12 weeks?
Thank you for any help.
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 399 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 132 3
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 103 1
- Registered Office 155 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,485 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 314 5
- Partnership Registration 111 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 908 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 113 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 692 12
- Audit Required 1,187 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 310 9
- Residential Management Companies 95 2
- Value pricing 2,857 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 400 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 397 11
- Payroll software for Mac 124 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 124 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 218 5
- CIS and Close Company 209 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 947
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 661
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 404
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 334
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 263
- Paye procedures for CVA 252
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 251
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 201
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 194
- Pension Fixed Protection 189