Contracting client uses self employed sub-contractors. They have been approached by a company who will act as an intermediary and the intermediary will operate a contract for services with the subbie and supply the services of the subbie to the contractor.
Can anyone advise as to what the tax risks are here (and any benefits)?
Would the setup remove the potential employment risk for the contractor?
If the sub contractors were deemed employees and couldnt pay the PAYE/NI would the MSC transfer of debt regulations apply and be transferred to the contractor?
Also, could the Agency Workers Regulations apply if the subbies are used for more than 12 weeks?
Thank you for any help.
- Professional coaching claimable? 132 1
- Sage instant account codes 127 1
- Networking 159 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 272 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 203 1
- Turnover on a tax return 326 8
- incorrect old p60 455 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 307 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,937 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 301 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 253 3
- VAT refund 196 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 272 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 272 3
- Missing tax return 398 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,134 30
- Inflation and fees 1,416 24
- Sage Priority Support 193 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 847 24
- Micro-entity accounts 328 1