Contracting client uses self employed sub-contractors. They have been approached by a company who will act as an intermediary and the intermediary will operate a contract for services with the subbie and supply the services of the subbie to the contractor.
Can anyone advise as to what the tax risks are here (and any benefits)?
Would the setup remove the potential employment risk for the contractor?
If the sub contractors were deemed employees and couldnt pay the PAYE/NI would the MSC transfer of debt regulations apply and be transferred to the contractor?
Also, could the Agency Workers Regulations apply if the subbies are used for more than 12 weeks?
Thank you for any help.
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 269 10
- Community Faux Pas 742 25
- AAT before CIMA? 52 1
- trading losses allowable? 701 13
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 403 9
- Tax Fines - HMRC 713 11
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 53 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 836 34
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 132 6
- Here we go.... 788 25
- Capital Gains 318 6
- Probate services 286 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 133 1
- Salary Sacrifce School Fees Self Assessment 278 11
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 638 21
- Group relief for CT 124 2
- Practical experience 769 14
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,250 23
- How do others remember to do things you promise for different clients? What systems? 1,512 32
- Which VAT rate to use 153 1