Contracting client uses self employed sub-contractors. They have been approached by a company who will act as an intermediary and the intermediary will operate a contract for services with the subbie and supply the services of the subbie to the contractor.
Can anyone advise as to what the tax risks are here (and any benefits)?
Would the setup remove the potential employment risk for the contractor?
If the sub contractors were deemed employees and couldnt pay the PAYE/NI would the MSC transfer of debt regulations apply and be transferred to the contractor?
Also, could the Agency Workers Regulations apply if the subbies are used for more than 12 weeks?
Thank you for any help.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 475 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 96 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,103 7
- Bereavment payment 84 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 273 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 344 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,294 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 146 2
- Companies House incorporation service 348 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 75 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 150 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 193 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 203 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 266 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 143 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 152 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 132 2
- Trading income or not? 197 1
- Charge HMRC 424 3
- Xtuple 549
- Qtac payroll for bureau 376
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 317
- Industrial & Provident Societies 314
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 292
- CIS schemes 223
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Investment 187
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 186
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 178