CIS for last month of trade
I think I know the answer, but thought I'd check if you have any ideas;
Sole trader - builder. Sub-contractor.
He finished ST 31.03.2012 and went LTD from 01.04.2012 as he is expanding and now a Contractor. LTD will be reg for PAYE / CIS contractor.
But, in the last couple weeks of March, he had 2 sub contractors. He's never had before and this is the first time and last time in the ST.
Ok, so technically, we need to register as employer / contractor for the CIS to be done, for one month. Obviously late return as it's past 19.04. Ok.
But do we need to register for CIS and as Employer for just one month, then cancel it? Or do HMRC have a "one-off" form?
Many thanks for any suggestions.
- Mlom bollocks 107 4
- The stupidity continues 1,008 59
- transactions after account have been closed 263 8
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 46 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 148 1
- AML report needed? 44 1
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 635 15
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 560 11
- What is IRIS World like? 384 9
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 356 8
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 259 6
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 280 4
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 252 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 152 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,353 25
- New Employers Helpline 215 4
- Software recommendations 287 1
- Share transfer question 398 17
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 200 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,495 19
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 440
- WIP Software 302
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 236
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 213
- Is there anything wrong with this? 208
- Small Part Disposal of Property 193
- Uncommercial property business 184