CIS for last month of trade
I think I know the answer, but thought I'd check if you have any ideas;
Sole trader - builder. Sub-contractor.
He finished ST 31.03.2012 and went LTD from 01.04.2012 as he is expanding and now a Contractor. LTD will be reg for PAYE / CIS contractor.
But, in the last couple weeks of March, he had 2 sub contractors. He's never had before and this is the first time and last time in the ST.
Ok, so technically, we need to register as employer / contractor for the CIS to be done, for one month. Obviously late return as it's past 19.04. Ok.
But do we need to register for CIS and as Employer for just one month, then cancel it? Or do HMRC have a "one-off" form?
Many thanks for any suggestions.
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 130 7
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,004 23
- Lorry Drivers 77 1
- VAT 104 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 822 18
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 588 7
- Rental Income Tax Planning 192 3
- Vat 66 2
- Auto-Enrolment 3,804 184
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 110 2
- Partially exempt? 198 6
- Incorporation Relief 115 2
- First VAT Visit for client 124 2
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 240 11
- capital gains on PPR 1,435 21
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 314 9
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 233 14
- What type of Trust? 146 3
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 135 5
- OBK 609 19
- Skandia using wrong address 469
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 271
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 265
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 210
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 209
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 194
- Etax Australian 165
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 155