CIS for last month of trade
I think I know the answer, but thought I'd check if you have any ideas;
Sole trader - builder. Sub-contractor.
He finished ST 31.03.2012 and went LTD from 01.04.2012 as he is expanding and now a Contractor. LTD will be reg for PAYE / CIS contractor.
But, in the last couple weeks of March, he had 2 sub contractors. He's never had before and this is the first time and last time in the ST.
Ok, so technically, we need to register as employer / contractor for the CIS to be done, for one month. Obviously late return as it's past 19.04. Ok.
But do we need to register for CIS and as Employer for just one month, then cancel it? Or do HMRC have a "one-off" form?
Many thanks for any suggestions.
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 52 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,208 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,066 339
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 64 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 77 3
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 366 21
- Use of home for storage 290 6
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 298 10
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 751 15
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,215 21
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 333 4
- VAT on stock sold at a loss 181 6
- Commercial property rental on disincorporation 69 1
- property rental income split 224 2
- Payments on account coded out?? 284 1
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 341 9
- Mortgage deposit Gift 393 17
- What should I do for 'free' 597 6
- Declined for business bank account 498 7
- Negativer Payslip Request 262 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,181
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 398
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 311
- National Insurance 306
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 258
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 232
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 231
- Non Resident 215
- Franchise income and costs 199
- Hands on experience of Digita 139