CIS for last month of trade
I think I know the answer, but thought I'd check if you have any ideas;
Sole trader - builder. Sub-contractor.
He finished ST 31.03.2012 and went LTD from 01.04.2012 as he is expanding and now a Contractor. LTD will be reg for PAYE / CIS contractor.
But, in the last couple weeks of March, he had 2 sub contractors. He's never had before and this is the first time and last time in the ST.
Ok, so technically, we need to register as employer / contractor for the CIS to be done, for one month. Obviously late return as it's past 19.04. Ok.
But do we need to register for CIS and as Employer for just one month, then cancel it? Or do HMRC have a "one-off" form?
Many thanks for any suggestions.
- Anyone had this problem?? 539 16
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 11 1
- Sole Trader Cessation 96 2
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 1,365 22
- VAT flat rate scheme 303 6
- Does AE staging date cease with transfer of business? 54 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 100 4
- Invoice personally but declare in company? 362 9
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 42 1
- Overtime etc for PT employees 63 1
- First Choice Final Accounts 213 1
- Complex VAT Group 312 6
- Pre-registration VAT: can you reclaim VATon delivery costs incurred in the six months prior to registration? 66 3
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 317 1
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,252 107
- Client's company struck off 307 7
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 240 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 114 4
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 201 5
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 119 1
- QROP pension input amounts 467
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 409
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 406
- fraud 327
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 257
- Construction CIS LLP Company 240
- EPS and CIS deductions 239
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 192
- SAGE winforecast 166
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 161