CIS for last month of trade
I think I know the answer, but thought I'd check if you have any ideas;
Sole trader - builder. Sub-contractor.
He finished ST 31.03.2012 and went LTD from 01.04.2012 as he is expanding and now a Contractor. LTD will be reg for PAYE / CIS contractor.
But, in the last couple weeks of March, he had 2 sub contractors. He's never had before and this is the first time and last time in the ST.
Ok, so technically, we need to register as employer / contractor for the CIS to be done, for one month. Obviously late return as it's past 19.04. Ok.
But do we need to register for CIS and as Employer for just one month, then cancel it? Or do HMRC have a "one-off" form?
Many thanks for any suggestions.
- I have missing sales invoices 335 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 182 1
- is my company accounts right? 640 16
- Invoice Help 346 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 215 8
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 336 5
- What are options for non CA firm 2,391 51
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 347 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 937 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,042 26
- Directors Subsistence 183 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 239 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 417 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 264 3
- Final year's accounts 333 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,911 27
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,484 20
- Free Shares ? 329 6
- Dividend dates 333 6
- Sxx rather than sxx 303 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 552
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 314
- Cancelled 264
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 223
- Married woman dies owning marital home 216
- Probiz 205
- What's the market like for temps? 200
- CIS Deductions 162
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 158