CIS for last month of trade
I think I know the answer, but thought I'd check if you have any ideas;
Sole trader - builder. Sub-contractor.
He finished ST 31.03.2012 and went LTD from 01.04.2012 as he is expanding and now a Contractor. LTD will be reg for PAYE / CIS contractor.
But, in the last couple weeks of March, he had 2 sub contractors. He's never had before and this is the first time and last time in the ST.
Ok, so technically, we need to register as employer / contractor for the CIS to be done, for one month. Obviously late return as it's past 19.04. Ok.
But do we need to register for CIS and as Employer for just one month, then cancel it? Or do HMRC have a "one-off" form?
Many thanks for any suggestions.
- Financial Forecasting software recommendations please 317 2
- Tax efficient vehicle 441 8
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 121 2
- Business only use of company car 190 5
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 214 7
- Buying a business premises in a pension 156 2
- Goodwill on incorporation 497 17
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 343 10
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 155 2
- Sage Accounts in a mess 231 4
- Retail business software/accounting system 134 2
- Bank reconciliation 235 7
- Practice software 641 13
- Dividend Tax Petition 273 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 435 16
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 192 9
- Certificate of Tax Deposit and APN's 107 1
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,295 77
- Going through security 225 4
- Bad debt write off - definition of associated/connected company 147 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 237
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 223
- Sage VAT return reports difference post reconciliation 213
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 211
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 199
- Web site and client access area advice 182
- Expenses Software 179
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 166
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 159
- CTA Material 159