CIS for last month of trade
I think I know the answer, but thought I'd check if you have any ideas;
Sole trader - builder. Sub-contractor.
He finished ST 31.03.2012 and went LTD from 01.04.2012 as he is expanding and now a Contractor. LTD will be reg for PAYE / CIS contractor.
But, in the last couple weeks of March, he had 2 sub contractors. He's never had before and this is the first time and last time in the ST.
Ok, so technically, we need to register as employer / contractor for the CIS to be done, for one month. Obviously late return as it's past 19.04. Ok.
But do we need to register for CIS and as Employer for just one month, then cancel it? Or do HMRC have a "one-off" form?
Many thanks for any suggestions.
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 874 25
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 214 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 122 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 250 7
- New Email Extensions 122 1
- SA302 195 3
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 108 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,078 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 265 2
- Dental practice incorpration 122 1
- Audit rules 159 4
- Go Cardless 272 8
- business entertaining deductibility 142 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 164 2
- R & D 107 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 88 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 182 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 161 1
- New Business Registration 221 5
- Hosted email exchange 141 4
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 282
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Mehjoo 221
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 221
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 160
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 152