CIS for last month of trade
I think I know the answer, but thought I'd check if you have any ideas;
Sole trader - builder. Sub-contractor.
He finished ST 31.03.2012 and went LTD from 01.04.2012 as he is expanding and now a Contractor. LTD will be reg for PAYE / CIS contractor.
But, in the last couple weeks of March, he had 2 sub contractors. He's never had before and this is the first time and last time in the ST.
Ok, so technically, we need to register as employer / contractor for the CIS to be done, for one month. Obviously late return as it's past 19.04. Ok.
But do we need to register for CIS and as Employer for just one month, then cancel it? Or do HMRC have a "one-off" form?
Many thanks for any suggestions.
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 189 6
- Non-compete agreement 179 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 196 1
- Any views 736 1
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 91 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 205 6
- IRIS Practice Management 144 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 105 2
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 275 8
- Pre- trading Expenses 91 1
- Was I rude 779 19
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 172 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 305 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 255 1
- Top slicing relief question 232 2
- Valuation of PET on death 120 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 276 6
- Share swap 293 8
- Online filing 171 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 334 13
- Skandia using wrong address 1,481
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 815
- International interest certificate 446
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 419
- Sale of business 395
- NOVA 288
- IRIS Open Books problem 284
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 201
- Bonus Bonds 173
- Management expenses for investment company 172