CIS for last month of trade
I think I know the answer, but thought I'd check if you have any ideas;
Sole trader - builder. Sub-contractor.
He finished ST 31.03.2012 and went LTD from 01.04.2012 as he is expanding and now a Contractor. LTD will be reg for PAYE / CIS contractor.
But, in the last couple weeks of March, he had 2 sub contractors. He's never had before and this is the first time and last time in the ST.
Ok, so technically, we need to register as employer / contractor for the CIS to be done, for one month. Obviously late return as it's past 19.04. Ok.
But do we need to register for CIS and as Employer for just one month, then cancel it? Or do HMRC have a "one-off" form?
Many thanks for any suggestions.
- Late leaver notification 309 6
- How to handle accidental overpayment into SIPP 105 1
- CGT on transfer of shares to Holding company 77 2
- How does one compete? 371 7
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 863 15
- Self explanatory? I hope so! 134 1
- Should small companies be audited? 1,076 44
- semi retirement 255 4
- ATT Exam Question 229 6
- FPS responses ... 156 4
- shareholder remuneration 251 9
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 318 3
- Where has Portia gone? 9,071 144
- proposed dividends 337 16
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 1,483 28
- Dividend and pension with no salary 435 4
- NICs and director salary if receiving pension 114 1
- Vat on solicitors charges 342 7
- What does PITA mean? 718 17
- VATable supplies 152 3
- Sanzar 473
- Digital marketing focus group 389
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 364
- Continuity Agreement 309
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 299
- Sainsbury's mangement 297
- Avanti Accounts 293
- Buyback 277
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 221
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 191