CIS for last month of trade
I think I know the answer, but thought I'd check if you have any ideas;
Sole trader - builder. Sub-contractor.
He finished ST 31.03.2012 and went LTD from 01.04.2012 as he is expanding and now a Contractor. LTD will be reg for PAYE / CIS contractor.
But, in the last couple weeks of March, he had 2 sub contractors. He's never had before and this is the first time and last time in the ST.
Ok, so technically, we need to register as employer / contractor for the CIS to be done, for one month. Obviously late return as it's past 19.04. Ok.
But do we need to register for CIS and as Employer for just one month, then cancel it? Or do HMRC have a "one-off" form?
Many thanks for any suggestions.
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,139 52
- Window Comb Binder Cover 146 3
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 80 1
- client can't/won't pay 383 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 146 6
- AIA 141 4
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 242 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 252 9
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 279 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,179 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 241 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 190 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 545 26
- HMRC SA software error? 144 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 168 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 266 14
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 200 6
- Treatment of income for sole trader 170 2
- wave software 130 1
- Freelance software consultant 340 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 786
- Copy Wanted 500
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 456
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 453
- Latest phishing scam 287
- Entrepreneurs' relief 271
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 269
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 250
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 240
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 235