CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- Reversing out RTI 86 5
- IHT Query 43 1
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 292 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 836 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 290 8
- Capital Gain? 396 10
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 266 6
- BrightPay 606 18
- Classic cars investment 235 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 203 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 317 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 321 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 265 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 256 2
- H&W company 214 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 184 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 168 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 159 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 804 32
- VAT silly question 2,405 56
- Benchmarking 490
- Possible Partnership? 433
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 410
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 409
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 352
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 208
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 206
- Clubs and Taxable Income 198
- Income tax on foreign dividends 191
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 184