CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 293 15
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 32 1
- Money laundering POCA 168 4
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 29 1
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 56 1
- Auto-Enrolment 2,947 157
- Pricing 109 2
- P11d mistake 83 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 166 2
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 449 1
- CLG exempt under s60 121 2
- Improvement expenses allowable against rental income 136 4
- Alternative to CIS 405 9
- Can I become a self employed bookkeeper?? 350 4
- Supplier 1,254 13
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 141 2
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 954 22
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,009 7
- Mutual trading organisation 126 2
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 520 9
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 498
- Skandia using wrong address 441
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 239
- Employee rewards 231
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 208
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 183
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 181
- Etax Australian 149