CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 30 1
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 272 22
- Hobby Horse 798 8
- Non resident income. 452 20
- What sectors to target? 616 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 262 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 193 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,945 41
- Self assesment online 997 11
- Why do I do this every year 420 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 307 5
- closing limited company 189 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 108 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 527 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 257 9
- IHT and US resident 75 1
- Limited Companies Merger 215 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 145 1
- Practice management 389 7
- IHT and cash gifts 257 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 936
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 653
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 604
- Latest phishing scam 581
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 420
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 316
- Scratch Head 243
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 238
- Sabbatical payments 201
- Negligible Value Claim 178