CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- What is the role of an accountant? 572 15
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 483 11
- P11D Query 193 6
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 418 12
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 192 2
- Time limit 91 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 73 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,505 388
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 141 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 253 13
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 191 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,278 24
- 100% Xero practice 2,295 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 152 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 188 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 120 1
- Scottish but not UK 344 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 301 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 270 1
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 127 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 434
- National Insurance 334
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 330
- Non Resident 255
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 253
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 251
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 159
- Hands on experience of Digita 156