CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- Starting Again 164 4
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 693 35
- P11D Software 767 9
- Mortgage Adviser's request 211 6
- CGT on spouse's death 138 5
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 189 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 245 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 376 10
- Tax relief for networking day out? 400 8
- Payroll software 176 4
- Company UTR numbers 295 6
- Summer house for business only 101 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 100 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 561 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 139 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 136 3
- How do you count your clients 407 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 154 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 114 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 471 9
- Construction CIS LLP Company 592
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 580
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 380
- Pensions Regulator 346
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 280
- Government Gateway - VAT 276
- Using the correct forms 262
- SA penalty proposals 245
- RTI - duplicate employee record 237
- Accelerated payment notices 228