CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 669 5
- See you all on the other side 719 6
- 12Pay 479 2
- dividends 655 2
- R&D 335 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,198 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 447 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 433 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 386 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 556 5
- Seeking a tax case 659 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 518 4
- Companies house strike off 589 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 447 2
- Moving to the cloud 757 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 220 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 914 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 223 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,097 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 511 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 565
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 422
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 375
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 332
- USA help 320
- Marginal rates of tax 313
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 310
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 296
- Class 2 NI 296