CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- flat rate scheme 2,274 43
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 34 1
- Deferring dividends on paper 99 5
- VAT Query on new build 50 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 115 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 133 4
- Family Partnership 215 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 46 1
- P11D Car Value 238 6
- Signed accounts for bank 602 12
- NOVA declaration 93 1
- Business valuation advice 701 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,481 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,218 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 270 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,093 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 158 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 379 5
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 795 11
- HMRC Postal Delays 442 10