CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 64 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 24 1
- WC's and capital allowances 146 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 272 13
- Limited company buying a car 34 1
- Dress code 1,520 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 460 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 226 6
- Limited company buying director's car 228 8
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 417 7
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 353 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 462 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 134 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 75 3
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 177 4
- Trees and hedging - capital expenditure 156 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,421 17
- Scottish Independance 764 23
- New laptop - any suggestions please 1,250 26
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 208 3
- CTA study material 763
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 473
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 381
- Employment related securities question 303
- AIM Stocks and IHT 276
- Expat pension contributions? 252
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 252
- Trust for Employee 230
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 162
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 144