CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- Lack of VAT Receipt 92 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 305 6
- Benefit in Kind 276 6
- Help with CGT please 51 2
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 313 17
- Will I need to resign? 924 11
- Cocaine anyone? 656 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 251 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 139 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 185 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 176 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 838 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 543 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 707 13
- Personal pension 444 9
- Business rates consultancy 269 4
- Wrong tax code 180 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 104 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 319 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,065 31
- Hive up 514
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 475
- corporate hierarchy 453
- Advice - 297
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 242
- WWOOFers 238
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 220
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 196
- The booking.com con 180
- UK State pension paid in NZ 168