CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- tax credits 32 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 468 10
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 192 1
- EC VAT 220 10
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 21 1
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 203 7
- Musician deductible expenses 84 1
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 405 17
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 94 4
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 576 17
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 91 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 277 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 144 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 534 11
- Flat rate vat error 336 7
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 536 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 292 14
- can I claim a per diem 275 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 143 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,388 8
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 847
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 510
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 323
- How to format a stock book 293
- Tax efficient holding company structure 235
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 231
- Investment property company accounts template 220
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 214
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 182
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 151