CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- ATT Exam tips and study help 57 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 249 9
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 222 5
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 961 12
- Client's company struck off 1,706 21
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 67 1
- Refurbised Pub 133 4
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 153 4
- Quote for client 134 3
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 126 1
- Directors obligation to notify 368 6
- Tax relief in respect of rental property/withdrawing of capital 63 2
- ATED on a hotel that isn't in use? 88 1
- Tax and children 304 2
- Moneysoft update problem 241 4
- HMRC stupidity of the day 549 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 798 7
- QROP pension input amounts 530 1
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 498 14
- Are agent account managers any good? 262 3
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 510
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 452
- EPS and CIS deductions 318
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 301
- Construction CIS LLP Company 293
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 272
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 217
- SAGE winforecast 212
- Overdrawn director account 199
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 199