CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 146 4
- Accountants' Error 698 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 145 3
- Scoot 183 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 153 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 203 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 661 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,454 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 109 1
- Regaining my qualification 200 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 235 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 233 2
- Auto enrolment 194 3
- Shareholder agreement 173 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 197 3
- Company Reorganisation 165 3
- Employee Loan 208 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 465 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 596 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 150 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,452
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 766
- Any views 698
- HMRC Employers Diary 523
- International interest certificate 426
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 389
- Sale of business 355
- NOVA 261
- Advertising services? 257
- IRIS Open Books problem 250