CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- VAT - How hard is it? 602 20
- The importance of Grammar 1,209 34
- Profit split from an investment property 60 4
- Directors exempt from AE? 128 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,214 34
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 39 1
- Xero Pain Points 473 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 266 8
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 829 12
- VAT and Groups 49 2
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 215 7
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,857 13
- tax saving on card points 169 3
- VAT & Offshore Companies 194 7
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 434 5
- Scissors 793 23
- Mobile phone costs during maternity leave for OMB 284 8
- working from home 1,693 29
- Car leasing 202 3
- VAT underpayments and financial reporting 167 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 365
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 317
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 302
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 289
- Electric Car 247
- S222 Charge 216
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 211
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 197
- Company Structure 188
- VAT and customer entertaining 171