CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- Would this fall into IR35 125 3
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 109 3
- Charging for book-keeping on a 'per transaction' basis 626 17
- ECSL 178 3
- Company Pension Contributions 38 1
- Let Property Campaign 278 5
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 1,006 11
- New Club 99 2
- Company Accounts - Limited company 414 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,587 28
- How much did you pay for your website 224 9
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,217 30
- Who can I refer leads to? 1,234 17
- Self employment trap - pension 121 1
- DTL adjustement in P &L 205 5
- Preparing a consolidated TB 74 1
- Computers & Network Depreciation 163 3
- Capital Allowances and Hire Purchase 191 3
- Awkward IP 389 3
- R & D 200 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 580
- CTA study material 570
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 341
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 267
- Employment related securities question 211
- CCJ and Shareholder/ Director ramifications 181
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 179
- ATED Penalties 178
- AIM Stocks and IHT 163
- Foreign Premium Distributions 135