CIS - monthly return mistakes.....
CIS HELP PLEASE!
Had a few contracts with a company over the past year.
The main problemt is the CIS we have been deducted from the contractor. I only have three returns from them and the amount they have paid over is well under the amount deducted from our invoices.
I also need help as we have a problem with the other side of CIS
My dad took care of this part and thought he only had to submit a return showing CIS stoppages by us if he could afford to pay the CIS stoppages. That worked well until we got lots of subbies and my dad become ill and was unable to work and since then it all went a bit haywire - there are about £6k worth to payover - but due ti the contractor now owing the company £95k there are insufficient funds and was hoping to offset against the CIS paid on invoices - but an additional problem then arises if the contractor will not declare the stoppages?!!
1) what can I do about the money we have stopped? Do i just complete a monthly return and add the contractors and deductions on this month? How much trouble will we be in if I arrange to amend previous returns would need to amend June July Aug 2012
2) who to deal with the sh*t who is not paying over the CIS - and owes us a fortune!
Thanks for all your help
- Thin Client recomendation 163 3
- Lease 48 1
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 164 5
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 116 4
- Digita Hosted Software 370 2
- VAT Office Grimsby 96 2
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 356 8
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 86 2
- format cell to exclude decimals 279 15
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 110 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,257 15
- Homing sandwiches 829 19
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 238 2
- SUSPECTED OR INVALID BENEFIT FRAUD 214 2
- Client needs a UK tax residency certificate for Spanish tax authorities 94 2
- IT advisory questions? 409 11
- Direct debit entry query 153 4
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 802 12
- Can you help me spot errors? 227 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,204 18
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,295
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 846
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 537
- Credit where credit's due....... 329
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 251
- TheTax Donut 216
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 179
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 164
- Director's business mileage 142
- Sole trader CPD 137