Claim Vat then deregister
If a newly formed company registers for vat and then claims back a large amount of input tax on some large setup costs, what is then stopping the company from de-registering again?
The company is not going to be over the threshold at any point and it would be in the interest of the company not to be vat registered generally..
I'm sure there must be a rule to stop this, I just can't find it.
Any help would be appreciated.
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 229 6
- Hello 210 1
- flat rate scheme 1,479 33
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,741 51
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 169 4
- Unpaid share capital 79 1
- 64-8 problems 123 2
- Employer reference not recognised? 123 2
- Business trips - director and family 234 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 429 10
- Allocation of income from property 450 12
- Networking 696 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 784 10
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 130 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 1,086 22
- bookkeeping system 366 5
- Outstanding Loans 133 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 228 5
- Company van paid by director 226 2
- Private company division 215 2