Claim Vat then deregister
If a newly formed company registers for vat and then claims back a large amount of input tax on some large setup costs, what is then stopping the company from de-registering again?
The company is not going to be over the threshold at any point and it would be in the interest of the company not to be vat registered generally..
I'm sure there must be a rule to stop this, I just can't find it.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Disbursement of recharge 391 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 57 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 310 9
- Mortgage Reference 915 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 314 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 118 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 177 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 154 1
- RTI offline? 621 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 187 1
- CIS and Xero 280 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 275 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 197 2
- property capital gains 414 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 171 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 961 9
- Tips on meals 574 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,358 15
- S.455 Tax again 457 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 259 3