Claiming Relief on Pension Contributions
Can anyone help or advise regarding claiming Pension contributions when you have more than the allowance for the year in question.
If no contributions had been made in the last three years and then £150K was made in the 2011/12 tax year. How would you report this in the tax return.
I.e. You have 2 lots of £50K Allowance B/Fwd . Do you carry back the contributions and adjust the previous tax returns or do you use the whole £150K in the current Tax year against the Income for 2012.
I can't seem to find anything regarding any 'Carry Back' of pension contributions to relieve against the unused pension contributions .
Any help or if anyone can point towards any guidance would be much appreciated.
- Client Paperwork Retention? 517 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 545 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 286 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 310 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 365 9
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 271 1
- Very large share capital by mistake 218 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 413 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,977 45
- Love is in the air 334 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,701 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 241 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 407 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 250 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 522 1
- Paying Son 663 18
- HMRC accounting 395 3
- Employers NI allowance 466 6
- Dividend taxation 398 3
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 189 2
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 278
- CGT for NOn UK residents 276
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 269
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 210
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 189