Claiming Relief on Pension Contributions
Can anyone help or advise regarding claiming Pension contributions when you have more than the allowance for the year in question.
If no contributions had been made in the last three years and then £150K was made in the 2011/12 tax year. How would you report this in the tax return.
I.e. You have 2 lots of £50K Allowance B/Fwd . Do you carry back the contributions and adjust the previous tax returns or do you use the whole £150K in the current Tax year against the Income for 2012.
I can't seem to find anything regarding any 'Carry Back' of pension contributions to relieve against the unused pension contributions .
Any help or if anyone can point towards any guidance would be much appreciated.
- Where has Portia gone? 2,021 67
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 117 7
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 187 5
- recompense capital input 54 1
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 948 22
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 159 3
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 554 14
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 127 3
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 370 9
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 224 5
- Merging my businesses 207 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 569 19
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 462 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 344 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 329 1
- Holiday entitlement 583 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 324 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 153 1
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 234 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 210 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 791
- RTI - duplicate employee record 558
- Pensions Regulator 450
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 410
- Portia ... Where art thou 314
- Sanzar 313
- Digital marketing focus group 297
- How do you do it 295
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 271
- new investor structure 178