Claiming Relief on Pension Contributions
Can anyone help or advise regarding claiming Pension contributions when you have more than the allowance for the year in question.
If no contributions had been made in the last three years and then £150K was made in the 2011/12 tax year. How would you report this in the tax return.
I.e. You have 2 lots of £50K Allowance B/Fwd . Do you carry back the contributions and adjust the previous tax returns or do you use the whole £150K in the current Tax year against the Income for 2012.
I can't seem to find anything regarding any 'Carry Back' of pension contributions to relieve against the unused pension contributions .
Any help or if anyone can point towards any guidance would be much appreciated.
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 147 3
- Accountant software 413 11
- Accounting jobs in the UK 145 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 231 1
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 199 4
- CIS gross status review 92 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 126 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 355 6
- Flat rate vat error 244 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 137 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 145 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 88 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 148 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 363 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 622 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 270 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 611 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 204 4
- Charge out rates in London? 217 2
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 186 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 756
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 484
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 298
- How to format a stock book 265
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 213
- Tax efficient holding company structure 203
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 194
- Investment property company accounts template 191
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 172
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 161