Claiming Relief on Pension Contributions
Can anyone help or advise regarding claiming Pension contributions when you have more than the allowance for the year in question.
If no contributions had been made in the last three years and then £150K was made in the 2011/12 tax year. How would you report this in the tax return.
I.e. You have 2 lots of £50K Allowance B/Fwd . Do you carry back the contributions and adjust the previous tax returns or do you use the whole £150K in the current Tax year against the Income for 2012.
I can't seem to find anything regarding any 'Carry Back' of pension contributions to relieve against the unused pension contributions .
Any help or if anyone can point towards any guidance would be much appreciated.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 468 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 87 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,099 7
- Bereavment payment 63 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 268 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 341 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,291 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 142 2
- Companies House incorporation service 342 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 72 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 146 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 191 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 199 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 259 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 139 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 148 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 128 2
- Trading income or not? 191 1
- Charge HMRC 421 3
- Xtuple 547
- Qtac payroll for bureau 375
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 316
- Industrial & Provident Societies 313
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 290
- CIS schemes 221
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Investment 185
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 184
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 178