Claiming Relief on Pension Contributions
Can anyone help or advise regarding claiming Pension contributions when you have more than the allowance for the year in question.
If no contributions had been made in the last three years and then £150K was made in the 2011/12 tax year. How would you report this in the tax return.
I.e. You have 2 lots of £50K Allowance B/Fwd . Do you carry back the contributions and adjust the previous tax returns or do you use the whole £150K in the current Tax year against the Income for 2012.
I can't seem to find anything regarding any 'Carry Back' of pension contributions to relieve against the unused pension contributions .
Any help or if anyone can point towards any guidance would be much appreciated.
- minority interest discount 137 3
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 328 10
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 304 5
- Software Sales 71 1
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 253 2
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 329 8
- vat gross margins 120 1
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,566 13
- A rant - Debt Management units vs PAYE office response times 147 1
- Seeking advice: Need some help with Company Accounts 545 8
- How do I know if I have to apply a reverse charge mechanism 183 4
- On to a loser here? 1,143 4
- Client right to working papers 1,350 9
- 2020 Annual Conference 140 1
- Microsoft One Drive 442 14
- Thinning income 380 4
- Bank Statement Scanning Software? 164 2
- Work to Rented Business Premises 212 1
- Not a question but made my day 1,195 23
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 400 11
- NHS finance professionals 601
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 391
- Foreign Pension Contribution 363
- vat gross profit percentage margins 336
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 328
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 308
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 275
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 244
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 236
- IFA income recognition & reporting 201