Class 1 deferment
A client has 3 employments, lets call them A, B and C.
The salary for A is £22,000, for B £30,000 and for C £6,000.
I applied for class 1 deferment and was hoping to get this for employments B and C. I was unsure if B would get it due to the amount straddling the threshold of £42,475 and, as suspected, they haven't granted it but I don't really know why. Is it because it straddles the limit or am I just making this up in my head?!
Only C obtained a deferment.
Can anyone provide me with a quick reason as to why the outcome is the way it is?
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 284 5
- Mlom bollocks 118 4
- The stupidity continues 1,018 59
- transactions after account have been closed 265 8
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 51 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 148 1
- AML report needed? 47 1
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 635 15
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 563 11
- What is IRIS World like? 384 9
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 359 8
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 260 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 253 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 154 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,354 25
- New Employers Helpline 215 4
- Software recommendations 288 1
- Share transfer question 398 17
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 200 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,498 19
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 440
- WIP Software 302
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 237
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 213
- Is there anything wrong with this? 208
- Small Part Disposal of Property 193
- Uncommercial property business 184