Client does not want to pay CGT on property disposal
We have a client who is looking to offload a property in 2012/2013. He purchased it for £55,000 and reckons he'll get about £190,000.
Fuming about 28% CGT on the higher rate.
He was told by someone down the pub that putting it in a company would solve the problem, but that would surely be an arms length transaction and would still raise a CGT liability.
He says he should get Entreprenuers relief. I've told him no. He won't have it and wants me to see how he can get out of it.
Was talking about buying a shed in Venezuela and changing his domicile and residence to not pay this beeping government.
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 101 2
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 261 11
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 923 20
- Moneysoft Payroll 181 3
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 248 4
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 932 14
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 473 7
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 167 4
- Client right to working papers 1,544 11
- vat gross margins 190 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 208 4
- e mail 196 1
- Auto enrolment 580 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,356 6
- VAT on new build property 159 2
- Auto enrolment 300 9
- SAGE 50 2011 160 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,634 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,880 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 219 2
- NHS finance professionals 671
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 412
- Foreign Pension Contribution 381
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 368
- vat gross profit percentage margins 363
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 352
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 312
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 279
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 242
- IFA income recognition & reporting 214