Client does not want to pay CGT on property disposal
We have a client who is looking to offload a property in 2012/2013. He purchased it for £55,000 and reckons he'll get about £190,000.
Fuming about 28% CGT on the higher rate.
He was told by someone down the pub that putting it in a company would solve the problem, but that would surely be an arms length transaction and would still raise a CGT liability.
He says he should get Entreprenuers relief. I've told him no. He won't have it and wants me to see how he can get out of it.
Was talking about buying a shed in Venezuela and changing his domicile and residence to not pay this beeping government.
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 302 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 97 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 189 4
- Rental property company 98 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 277 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 249 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 377 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 142 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 184 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 313 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 143 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 482 5
- Director's tax return 395 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 180 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,127 34
- Flat rate vat 230 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 192 5
- Coming in from the cold 384 3
- Splitting the tax year 188 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 224 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 815
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 566
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 433
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 313
- Free Tax Legislation? 289
- Director Loan account operation 266
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 254
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 234
- Paye procedures for CVA 174