Client does not want to pay CGT on property disposal
We have a client who is looking to offload a property in 2012/2013. He purchased it for £55,000 and reckons he'll get about £190,000.
Fuming about 28% CGT on the higher rate.
He was told by someone down the pub that putting it in a company would solve the problem, but that would surely be an arms length transaction and would still raise a CGT liability.
He says he should get Entreprenuers relief. I've told him no. He won't have it and wants me to see how he can get out of it.
Was talking about buying a shed in Venezuela and changing his domicile and residence to not pay this beeping government.
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,946 50
- R&D tax credit claim 243 6
- CIC Company 483 6
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 326 8
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 237 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 496 11
- HMRC Property campaign 764 10
- Estate agent and VAT registration 182 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 94 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 355 12
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 85 1
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 127 1
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 524 8
- Small company audit 279 8
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 218 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 230 5
- Problem partnership fees 145 1
- Car financed by employee 132 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 136 1
- Undisclosed income 231 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 608
- Cancelled 355
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 337
- Cancelled 291
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 265
- Probiz 254
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 209
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 195
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 192
- Car leasing scheme 188