Client does not want to pay CGT on property disposal
We have a client who is looking to offload a property in 2012/2013. He purchased it for £55,000 and reckons he'll get about £190,000.
Fuming about 28% CGT on the higher rate.
He was told by someone down the pub that putting it in a company would solve the problem, but that would surely be an arms length transaction and would still raise a CGT liability.
He says he should get Entreprenuers relief. I've told him no. He won't have it and wants me to see how he can get out of it.
Was talking about buying a shed in Venezuela and changing his domicile and residence to not pay this beeping government.
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 957 28
- Does anyone use quotation software? 551 8
- help needed with rti paye please 103 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 824 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 388 11
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,586 503
- Can't read my handwriting 784 19
- Undeclared rental income 385 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 314 7
- Sick pay 231 6
- Directors self assessment 145 2
- Employer's Helpline 213 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 107 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 187 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,759 70
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,090 8
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 134 2
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 312 10
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 252 6
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 449 20
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,410
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 539
- National Insurance 439
- Non Resident 328
- Hands on experience of Digita 258
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 248
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 164
- Umbrella pay services 144
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 122
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 121