Client does not want to pay CGT on property disposal
We have a client who is looking to offload a property in 2012/2013. He purchased it for £55,000 and reckons he'll get about £190,000.
Fuming about 28% CGT on the higher rate.
He was told by someone down the pub that putting it in a company would solve the problem, but that would surely be an arms length transaction and would still raise a CGT liability.
He says he should get Entreprenuers relief. I've told him no. He won't have it and wants me to see how he can get out of it.
Was talking about buying a shed in Venezuela and changing his domicile and residence to not pay this beeping government.
- The stupidity continues 441 18
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 156 5
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 85 1
- transactions after account have been closed 95 3
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,314 25
- New Employers Helpline 182 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 171 3
- Software recommendations 241 1
- Share transfer question 359 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 295 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 157 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,408 19
- Overlap relief 750 19
- What is IRIS World like? 351 8
- Pension contributions 368 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 484 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 181 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 477 9
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 268 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 206 1
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 436
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 431
- WIP Software 293
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 287
- No payroll scheme in place 231
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 205
- Is there anything wrong with this? 198
- Small Part Disposal of Property 181
- Uncommercial property business 176