Client with an IVA
I have a client who entered into an IVA arrangement at the end of 2011.
I am now endeavouring (Yes I know it is late for SA filing) to prepare the client's Accounts for the year ended 28 February 2011. Some difficulty is being experienced in preparing a verified list of creditors at that date - the client's records are not all that brillant, but some figures can be produced. However, he doesn't seem to have the suppliers' statements. I have suggested that we write to all of the suppliers for relevant details - but No he doesn't want to do that as "they will not want to co-operate".
I have also asked, on a number of occassions, for details of the IVA scheme administrator, and for the administrator to be put in touch with me. I am still waiting.
The client says that he has asked the administrator to let me have a list of the creditors.
I have now told the client that I will not issue a set of Accounts unless I am certain of the facts contained therein.
As this is the first time I have had to deal with a case involving an IVA, I would appreciate any guidance that can be given.
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 210 14
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 237 6
- Goodwill complications 276 6
- Tax relief for VAT assessment 20 1
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 138 1
- How much of your work is admin? 698 9
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 217 4
- Will I need to resign? 430 7
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 112 1
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 313 5
- Trade creditor journal 116 2
- Nominal Ledger 469 12
- The declaration on the VAT return is wrong ??? 186 1
- Old CGT loss 242 4
- Limited company purchase of property 472 1
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 484 2
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 990 14
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 408 9
- HMRC Distraint 157 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 173 2