Client with an IVA
I have a client who entered into an IVA arrangement at the end of 2011.
I am now endeavouring (Yes I know it is late for SA filing) to prepare the client's Accounts for the year ended 28 February 2011. Some difficulty is being experienced in preparing a verified list of creditors at that date - the client's records are not all that brillant, but some figures can be produced. However, he doesn't seem to have the suppliers' statements. I have suggested that we write to all of the suppliers for relevant details - but No he doesn't want to do that as "they will not want to co-operate".
I have also asked, on a number of occassions, for details of the IVA scheme administrator, and for the administrator to be put in touch with me. I am still waiting.
The client says that he has asked the administrator to let me have a list of the creditors.
I have now told the client that I will not issue a set of Accounts unless I am certain of the facts contained therein.
As this is the first time I have had to deal with a case involving an IVA, I would appreciate any guidance that can be given.
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 8 1
- corp tax software 260 4
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 152 2
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 87 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 533 24
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,312 420
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 954 48
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 324 16
- Is this fraud? 527 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 74 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 269 4
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 67 1
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 155 4
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 148 1
- Naming new company 310 6
- Saying goodbye 547 14
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 198 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 652 5
- Pension Contributions Relief 398 12
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 94 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,284
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 457
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 265
- Franchise income and costs 244
- Hands on experience of Digita 206
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 157
- Employer's Helpline 153
- employment capital allowances 143