Client with an IVA
I have a client who entered into an IVA arrangement at the end of 2011.
I am now endeavouring (Yes I know it is late for SA filing) to prepare the client's Accounts for the year ended 28 February 2011. Some difficulty is being experienced in preparing a verified list of creditors at that date - the client's records are not all that brillant, but some figures can be produced. However, he doesn't seem to have the suppliers' statements. I have suggested that we write to all of the suppliers for relevant details - but No he doesn't want to do that as "they will not want to co-operate".
I have also asked, on a number of occassions, for details of the IVA scheme administrator, and for the administrator to be put in touch with me. I am still waiting.
The client says that he has asked the administrator to let me have a list of the creditors.
I have now told the client that I will not issue a set of Accounts unless I am certain of the facts contained therein.
As this is the first time I have had to deal with a case involving an IVA, I would appreciate any guidance that can be given.
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 708 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 811 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 349 5
- Paying Son 774 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 399 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 282 10
- Love is in the air 647 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,066 47
- Setting up a practice 593 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 578 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 525 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 449 1
- Stamp Duty 308 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 244 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,842 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 427 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 602 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 594 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 437 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 408 9
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 297
- Foreign domicile status 287
- CGT for NOn UK residents 282
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 281
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 259
- Apprenticeship Levy 244
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 243
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 232
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 228