Client with an IVA
I have a client who entered into an IVA arrangement at the end of 2011.
I am now endeavouring (Yes I know it is late for SA filing) to prepare the client's Accounts for the year ended 28 February 2011. Some difficulty is being experienced in preparing a verified list of creditors at that date - the client's records are not all that brillant, but some figures can be produced. However, he doesn't seem to have the suppliers' statements. I have suggested that we write to all of the suppliers for relevant details - but No he doesn't want to do that as "they will not want to co-operate".
I have also asked, on a number of occassions, for details of the IVA scheme administrator, and for the administrator to be put in touch with me. I am still waiting.
The client says that he has asked the administrator to let me have a list of the creditors.
I have now told the client that I will not issue a set of Accounts unless I am certain of the facts contained therein.
As this is the first time I have had to deal with a case involving an IVA, I would appreciate any guidance that can be given.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 149 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 184 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,223 35
- Mortgage Reference 536 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 239 7
- Insovent companies 883 19
- New Build 196 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,295 48
- BrightPay quirks 210 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 805 20
- Website Content 167 1
- Personal Tax 629 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 186 1
- USA Tax Query 306 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 439 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 356 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 393 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,740 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6