Client with an IVA
I have a client who entered into an IVA arrangement at the end of 2011.
I am now endeavouring (Yes I know it is late for SA filing) to prepare the client's Accounts for the year ended 28 February 2011. Some difficulty is being experienced in preparing a verified list of creditors at that date - the client's records are not all that brillant, but some figures can be produced. However, he doesn't seem to have the suppliers' statements. I have suggested that we write to all of the suppliers for relevant details - but No he doesn't want to do that as "they will not want to co-operate".
I have also asked, on a number of occassions, for details of the IVA scheme administrator, and for the administrator to be put in touch with me. I am still waiting.
The client says that he has asked the administrator to let me have a list of the creditors.
I have now told the client that I will not issue a set of Accounts unless I am certain of the facts contained therein.
As this is the first time I have had to deal with a case involving an IVA, I would appreciate any guidance that can be given.
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 163 3
- Where has Portia gone? 2,046 67
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 121 7
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 188 5
- recompense capital input 54 1
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 950 22
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 555 14
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 128 3
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 371 9
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 224 5
- Merging my businesses 207 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 570 19
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 462 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 344 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 329 1
- Holiday entitlement 583 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 324 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 153 1
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 234 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 212 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 791
- RTI - duplicate employee record 558
- Pensions Regulator 450
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 410
- Portia ... Where art thou 314
- Sanzar 313
- Digital marketing focus group 297
- How do you do it 295
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 271
- new investor structure 179