Client with an IVA
I have a client who entered into an IVA arrangement at the end of 2011.
I am now endeavouring (Yes I know it is late for SA filing) to prepare the client's Accounts for the year ended 28 February 2011. Some difficulty is being experienced in preparing a verified list of creditors at that date - the client's records are not all that brillant, but some figures can be produced. However, he doesn't seem to have the suppliers' statements. I have suggested that we write to all of the suppliers for relevant details - but No he doesn't want to do that as "they will not want to co-operate".
I have also asked, on a number of occassions, for details of the IVA scheme administrator, and for the administrator to be put in touch with me. I am still waiting.
The client says that he has asked the administrator to let me have a list of the creditors.
I have now told the client that I will not issue a set of Accounts unless I am certain of the facts contained therein.
As this is the first time I have had to deal with a case involving an IVA, I would appreciate any guidance that can be given.
- Is a Business Bank Account compulsory for a sole trader? 103 5
- Unhappy client over fees 1,396 32
- Multi user accounting software 127 2
- S455 tax on existing loans on becoming a participator 68 1
- Does QuickBooks Online have aged debtors and creditors reports? 221 2
- Do HMRC impose harsher penalties on unrepresented taxpayers? 99 1
- Is it possible and what should be done? 154 1
- Remortgage costs on redidential lettings 192 2
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 402 11
- do i need an online accounting software 554 7
- VAT DIY self build shceme 107 1
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 644 17
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 251 1
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 1,017 16
- Can you claim part of the AIA and WDAs on the remainder 180 2
- Bank account security - Kashflow 298 4
- Double tax relief -UK tax paid in error 123 2
- Partnership Share Ratio Quandary 465 12
- ACCA student with study package 411 8
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 407 3
- NHS finance professionals 791
- Foreign Pension Contribution 475
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 467
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 405
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 372
- IFA income recognition & reporting 280
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 262
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 256
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 208
- FRM claim for travel to training course 201