Client with an IVA
I have a client who entered into an IVA arrangement at the end of 2011.
I am now endeavouring (Yes I know it is late for SA filing) to prepare the client's Accounts for the year ended 28 February 2011. Some difficulty is being experienced in preparing a verified list of creditors at that date - the client's records are not all that brillant, but some figures can be produced. However, he doesn't seem to have the suppliers' statements. I have suggested that we write to all of the suppliers for relevant details - but No he doesn't want to do that as "they will not want to co-operate".
I have also asked, on a number of occassions, for details of the IVA scheme administrator, and for the administrator to be put in touch with me. I am still waiting.
The client says that he has asked the administrator to let me have a list of the creditors.
I have now told the client that I will not issue a set of Accounts unless I am certain of the facts contained therein.
As this is the first time I have had to deal with a case involving an IVA, I would appreciate any guidance that can be given.
- Clothing 564 18
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 278 12
- Digita in the cloud 18 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 206 7
- IHT and US resident 117 2
- Tax relief when working away 26 1
- Parent and subsidiary... 141 5
- Anybody still doing returns? 794 33
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 198 8
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,232 17
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 361 16
- Designated sole Residence 165 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 738 15
- Anyone know what this is? 301 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 928 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 555 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 282 9
- no utr 313 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,145 49
- Director drawings 614 32
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 625
- Latest phishing scam 602
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 328
- Scratch Head 266
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 258
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199