Client with an IVA
I have a client who entered into an IVA arrangement at the end of 2011.
I am now endeavouring (Yes I know it is late for SA filing) to prepare the client's Accounts for the year ended 28 February 2011. Some difficulty is being experienced in preparing a verified list of creditors at that date - the client's records are not all that brillant, but some figures can be produced. However, he doesn't seem to have the suppliers' statements. I have suggested that we write to all of the suppliers for relevant details - but No he doesn't want to do that as "they will not want to co-operate".
I have also asked, on a number of occassions, for details of the IVA scheme administrator, and for the administrator to be put in touch with me. I am still waiting.
The client says that he has asked the administrator to let me have a list of the creditors.
I have now told the client that I will not issue a set of Accounts unless I am certain of the facts contained therein.
As this is the first time I have had to deal with a case involving an IVA, I would appreciate any guidance that can be given.
- Directors bonus 85 1
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 162 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 118 3
- break even point 1,097 33
- The return 713 27
- Sell business after leaving country 317 6
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 63 1
- IHT Query 390 8
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 86 2
- Charity accounting 61 2
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 991 44
- IHT on offshore settlement 147 2
- Get it off your chest 153 2
- How best to declare a mistake on a tax return by previous agent 137 1
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 352 2
- Limited Company trading status. 325 8
- Payroll 179 6
- Classic cars investment 509 14
- Vat registration 172 5
- VAT ON MAINTENANCE PROVIDED TO ESTATE AGENT 104 3
- Possible Partnership? 549
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 546
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 479
- New Fangled Penalties 346
- Clubs and Taxable Income 286
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 269
- Loans to other companies 214
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 205
- Outsource Data Entry 172
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 172