Client with an IVA
I have a client who entered into an IVA arrangement at the end of 2011.
I am now endeavouring (Yes I know it is late for SA filing) to prepare the client's Accounts for the year ended 28 February 2011. Some difficulty is being experienced in preparing a verified list of creditors at that date - the client's records are not all that brillant, but some figures can be produced. However, he doesn't seem to have the suppliers' statements. I have suggested that we write to all of the suppliers for relevant details - but No he doesn't want to do that as "they will not want to co-operate".
I have also asked, on a number of occassions, for details of the IVA scheme administrator, and for the administrator to be put in touch with me. I am still waiting.
The client says that he has asked the administrator to let me have a list of the creditors.
I have now told the client that I will not issue a set of Accounts unless I am certain of the facts contained therein.
As this is the first time I have had to deal with a case involving an IVA, I would appreciate any guidance that can be given.
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 208 4
- How to reward a long standing employee 162 2
- flat rate scheme 673 19
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 239 5
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,510 43
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 185 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 187 3
- Special dividends & CGT 283 2
- Attachment of Orders 120 1
- Sage instant account codes 265 2
- Allocation of income from property 253 7
- Protocol to be followed for professional clearance 181 2
- Turnover on a tax return 717 13
- UK tax exposure 397 7
- Companies House Presenter Account 190 3
- regulated mortgage work? 236 3
- Employer Making Employee Calculate own Holiday Pay 196 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 302 8
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,311 11
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 577 8