Client with an IVA
I have a client who entered into an IVA arrangement at the end of 2011.
I am now endeavouring (Yes I know it is late for SA filing) to prepare the client's Accounts for the year ended 28 February 2011. Some difficulty is being experienced in preparing a verified list of creditors at that date - the client's records are not all that brillant, but some figures can be produced. However, he doesn't seem to have the suppliers' statements. I have suggested that we write to all of the suppliers for relevant details - but No he doesn't want to do that as "they will not want to co-operate".
I have also asked, on a number of occassions, for details of the IVA scheme administrator, and for the administrator to be put in touch with me. I am still waiting.
The client says that he has asked the administrator to let me have a list of the creditors.
I have now told the client that I will not issue a set of Accounts unless I am certain of the facts contained therein.
As this is the first time I have had to deal with a case involving an IVA, I would appreciate any guidance that can be given.
- overdrawn directors loan account 13 1
- Am i Liable? 306 9
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 48 2
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 800 13
- Property scam victim 505 13
- Christmas party 169 2
- VAT on garage rent 344 15
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 336 4
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 184 1
- RTI 156 5
- Altered PAYE cheque 292 7
- directors overdrawn loan account 113 2
- Giving a seminar 567 31
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 166 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 230 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 112 1
- Added years superannuation 81 2
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 215 1
- JIEB Exams 151 1
- Checking a contract 312 8
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,223
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 612
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 410
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 317
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 199
- Alphabet shares 195
- Agent fees to sell business 194
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 185
- Office recharges 154
- Tax position on lease extension 144