Client with an IVA
I have a client who entered into an IVA arrangement at the end of 2011.
I am now endeavouring (Yes I know it is late for SA filing) to prepare the client's Accounts for the year ended 28 February 2011. Some difficulty is being experienced in preparing a verified list of creditors at that date - the client's records are not all that brillant, but some figures can be produced. However, he doesn't seem to have the suppliers' statements. I have suggested that we write to all of the suppliers for relevant details - but No he doesn't want to do that as "they will not want to co-operate".
I have also asked, on a number of occassions, for details of the IVA scheme administrator, and for the administrator to be put in touch with me. I am still waiting.
The client says that he has asked the administrator to let me have a list of the creditors.
I have now told the client that I will not issue a set of Accounts unless I am certain of the facts contained therein.
As this is the first time I have had to deal with a case involving an IVA, I would appreciate any guidance that can be given.
- Added years superannuation 69 2
- Giving a seminar 537 30
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 200 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 193 9
- JIEB Exams 134 1
- RTI 92 1
- Christmas party 108 1
- Am i Liable? 119 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 741 10
- Checking a contract 295 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 311 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 231 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 161 7
- VAT on garage rent 326 14
- Value-shifting 70 1
- Pattern for CTA 210 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 452 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 84 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 239 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 244 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,214
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 608
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 407
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 315
- Agent fees to sell business 190
- Alphabet shares 190
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 182
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 176
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 165
- Office recharges 148