Client in Jail, Company insolvent and ceased trading. What do I do next?
I have a client who is in jail pending trial and will be going to jail for a long time. His business has ceased trading as a result and is also insolvent with an bank overdraft of £9,000. Accounts due are for the year ending 31st March 2012 along with self assessment and these are likely to result in significant corporation tax and personal tax liabilities.
The Company will not trade again and I have been asked to cease it permanently. There are no funds thus I will not be completing any works as I will not get paid however I have agreed to assist in terms of finding out what to do next in these circumstances just to help out the familly.
eg do the last accounts/self assessment have to be completed to crystallise the tax liability, does this all get handed over to the official receiver to deal with and if so how do I go about this etc etc etc.
At the moment I have simply alerted HMRC to the position and the client's familly have alerted the bank. Can anybody offer any advice in these circumstances?
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 94 2
- CIS monthly declaration 107 8
- Overdrawn DLA 93 6
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,999 30
- Companies House incorporation service 441 14
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 52 1
- Self assesment losses 145 4
- Electronic v printed payslips 91 1
- Where to advertise for staff 176 5
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 869 36
- Personal investment trading company 59 1
- CIS schemes 254 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 114 2
- Excel formula 516 11
- Ltd company or sole trader 526 13
- Self assessment tax arrears 447 4
- overdrawn directors loan 161 4
- P35 and Service Company questions 297 7
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 152 2
- Fee protection 719 12
- Xtuple 558
- Qtac payroll for bureau 379
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 329
- Industrial & Provident Societies 319
- Domain name sale and limited company 214
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 198
- Investment 198
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 197
- Tax on damages received 160
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 139