Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- Share premium or Directors Loan 746 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 370 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,427 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 170 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 445 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 117 3
- What would you do in this situation? 179 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 142 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 616 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 647 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 94 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 346 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 249 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 220 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 401 6
- NOVA 558 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 278 10
- Regional Development Grant 127 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,446 21
- Company car without a salary 244 2
- Bonus Bonds 391
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 381
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 293
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 261
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 188
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 182
- Finance Lease 158
- Company Car Lease 157
- Form 42 149
- Demerger Reserve 132