Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 864 12
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 559 20
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,468 5
- How much does the company pay 89 2
- Help with CGT please 91 3
- Lack of VAT Receipt 125 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 310 6
- Benefit in Kind 311 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 325 17
- Will I need to resign? 948 11
- Cocaine anyone? 675 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 259 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 164 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 205 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 182 2
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 726 13
- Personal pension 456 9
- Business rates consultancy 275 4
- Wrong tax code 197 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 118 2
- Hive up 523
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 479
- corporate hierarchy 458
- Advice - 302
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 249
- WWOOFers 246
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 225
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 202
- The booking.com con 192
- Cocaine anyone? 174