Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- Introduction of Goodwill 397 10
- Professional Clearance 151 5
- do i pay vat when buying a business 200 14
- Zero Rated Catering delivery charges 89 4
- are receipts needed? 357 12
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 608 21
- New accountant 503 9
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 219 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,056 67
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 121 3
- Working out a daily rate 306 7
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 601 9
- Loss Relief 146 2
- Tax case reference request 229 3
- How to? 160 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 196 1
- Amending prior year accounts for the first time? 1,418 25
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 522 6
- Loan notes payment of principal and interest 121 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 230 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,591
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 886
- International interest certificate 495
- NOVA 351
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 275
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 256
- Management expenses for investment company 244
- Bonus Bonds 242
- Help with tax codes on Sage 188
- Capital reduction 173