Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 914 16
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 138 1
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 99 2
- Question regarding gym training 292 4
- CIS Deductions 214 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 102 2
- is this fraud? 610 11
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,318 27
- Not a good start no broadband 367 7
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 402 8
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 625 10
- Property initial recognition 145 2
- P11D Dispensation 221 3
- CPD 120 1
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 426 7
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 151 1
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 190 4
- Directors Subsistence 399 3
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 217 2
- How long are 64-8s taking these days? 439 9
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 569
- Cancelled 339
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 324
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 248
- Probiz 228
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 170
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 170
- Car leasing scheme 161
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 149