Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- R & D 86 3
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 837 50
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 720 16
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 185 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 43 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 82 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 92 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 83 1
- New Business Registration 192 5
- Audit rules 126 3
- Hosted email exchange 107 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 117 1
- Go Cardless 191 5
- G P life time allowance 92 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 351 11
- Bringing money to Uk 195 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 102 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 102 2
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 190 5
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 557 11
- Xtuple 492
- Qtac payroll for bureau 331
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 275
- Industrial & Provident Societies 271
- Mehjoo 213
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 213
- New strategic report 167
- Domain name sale and limited company 151
- South African Government Pension 147
- CIS schemes 141