Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 527 11
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 29 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 189 3
- VAT - Medical Staff 86 1
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 87 2
- VAT 701/49 query 128 1
- Directors liability insurance and scope 53 2
- backpack 79 1
- FCA regulated company in a small group 368 1
- Are you going to Xerocon? 1,118 27
- Questions from Liquidator 2,190 23
- Really?! 328 4
- Legal Fees Allowable in dispute 350 7
- Is the CT61 return dead? 142 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 804 10
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,011 14
- HMRC site still hasn't updated for January SA filings 535 8
- SSP and Contractual Sick Pay Query 358 9
- Commercial Premises Purchase using Company Profits 495 13
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 376 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 698
- 2015 tax year end 427
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 407
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 337
- Costly Accounting Software contract 284
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 248
- Directors' advances and credits 237
- DTA tie-breaker issue 234
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 216
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 196