Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,141 34
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 130 2
- Dress code 593 15
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 369 3
- What would you do in this situation? 738 15
- Dividend 102 2
- ACCA practice certificates 123 2
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 238 5
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 198 3
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 541 16
- Project being run jointly 239 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 336 4
- Companies House 631 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 413 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 751 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,477 25
- Help Required 451 10
- directors control and tax problems 361 5
- Fastest Software 819 13
- What's in a name ? 440 5
- CTA study material 721
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 442
- Employment related securities question 281
- AIM Stocks and IHT 258
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 243
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 224
- Expat pension contributions? 211
- Trust for Employee 208
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 193
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 126