Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- Lease 47 1
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 163 5
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 114 4
- Digita Hosted Software 369 2
- VAT Office Grimsby 95 2
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 356 8
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 84 2
- Thin Client recomendation 159 2
- format cell to exclude decimals 277 15
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 109 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,256 15
- Homing sandwiches 827 19
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 238 2
- SUSPECTED OR INVALID BENEFIT FRAUD 212 2
- Client needs a UK tax residency certificate for Spanish tax authorities 93 2
- IT advisory questions? 407 11
- Direct debit entry query 153 4
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 801 12
- Can you help me spot errors? 227 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,204 18
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,295
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 846
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 537
- Credit where credit's due....... 329
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 251
- TheTax Donut 216
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 179
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 164
- Director's business mileage 141
- Sole trader CPD 137