Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- PPR election - what do you think? 217 7
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 102 3
- Comments on this scenario 110 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,636 67
- Penalties 111 1
- SAGE con 222 4
- rates of pay query 217 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 87 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 138 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 198 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 106 1
- Overpayment relief claim 153 5
- Charity reserves 130 3
- Have i messed up? 670 10
- Year end 363 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 224 3
- Related Parties Note 419 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 108 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 130 4
- loss on carbon credits 111 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,015
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 553
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 362
- Tax efficient holding company structure 288
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 276
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 214
- Charge out rates in London? 210
- Personal consumption by landlord 183
- Interest on Loan to a Company 174
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 150