Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,093 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 136 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 605 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 129 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 132 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 179 1
- How to deal with prior year error 178 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 547 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,347 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,053 20
- Tax Calculations 660 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 421 4
- Exemption from CGT 258 2
- VAT Registration 262 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 469 14
- Autumn statement predictions 456 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 364 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 204 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 650 26