Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- Inflation and fees 989 14
- Do we have to honour her notice? 521 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,255 21
- SSAS Pension scheme 82 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 82 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 265 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 559 13
- Do I need to see receipts ? 747 11
- ICPA 498 8
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 293 3
- Physiotherapy 74 1
- Changing shareholding ratio 132 3
- Community Interest Company 72 1
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 122 1
- SA1 forms 369 12
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 147 5
- Goodwill Entrepreneurs Relief 144 1
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 155 5
- VAT on services to EC customer 180 3
- Delayed option to tax 190 3
- Sainsbury's mangement 826
- Avanti Accounts 674
- Have I done the right thing? 654
- Calling franchise accountants 634
- Continuity Agreement 627
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 484
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 326
- Advice please! 232
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 219