Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- Scams are not always obvious 580 16
- Market Value/Connected Persons 152 7
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 567 16
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 98 3
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 224 7
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,959 23
- Cells from many sheets 104 2
- Taxation of rental income 133 4
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 126 6
- Is this legal? 552 8
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 46 1
- Childcare vouchers 59 1
- Directors loan 1,384 9
- Expenses allowable against income from lodger 111 1
- New company formation and equity 154 3
- Previously dormant company now medium sized - does it need an audit? 109 1
- Tax planning, transferring BTL property to company 211 5
- Forming a Holding Company 152 2
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 98 1
- OMB contractor company making himself redundant 235 3
- New Fangled Penalties 1,038
- Moving away from CCH software 899
- Recruitment agencies 521
- QROP pension input amounts 408
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 361
- Deemed Employment Payment 340
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 301
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 297
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 216
- fraud 198