Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 61 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 90 1
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,890 29
- Would this save hours of your time? 218 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 76 1
- non resident receiving UK dividends 166 2
- Underpaid National Insurance 87 1
- Career Advice 137 2
- Wrong career 203 8
- Other forums 99 1
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 209 6
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 100 3
- Agent with HMRC 268 11
- Quarterly PAYE 275 8
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 184 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 566 4
- Newsletter 247 5
- RTI Filing 1,770 22
- Fee's for P11D's 325 5
- reporting salary? 190 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 775
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 529
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 395
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 281
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 219
- Director Loan account operation 216
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 209
- Free Tax Legislation? 206
- vat return 180