Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,118 85
- Where can I get the information for this 372 7
- BrightPay 368 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 207 3
- CGT &LLP 81 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 544 4
- Setting up an offshore company 111 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 185 16
- Secure document exchange 136 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 162 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 393 7
- break even point 178 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 115 3
- Fax to email providers 327 11
- Payroll software 255 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 144 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 143 4
- How to issue shares to investors 99 1
- Expense management software 632 12
- Tax code 162 1