Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- 100% Xero practice 2,116 35
- Vat treatment of charity business income 104 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 857 18
- Company Accounts 120 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,186 343
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 180 6
- Donations (to a school!) 428 11
- Vat on Royalites 82 1
- Umbrella Company 139 2
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 429 24
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 79 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 156 5
- Mortgage deposit Gift 429 18
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 170 3
- property rental income split 255 3
- Shadow director or alternative? 468 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 137 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 99 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,269 5
- Use of home for storage 334 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,188
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 405
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 315
- National Insurance 310
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 261
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 236
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 235
- Non Resident 222
- Franchise income and costs 205
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 159