Client loses job: can underpayment still be coded?
Client ( within SA ) has a liability on lettings income for 2011/12. Being under £3k, I asked for it to be coded.
Client has lost job in the 2012/13 year and has no other codable sources.
They've issued a demand for the tax for 2011/12 and of POA will now be due.
I was slightly surprised they'd picked up so quickly that there is no longer an employment.
But naturally the client is looking for another job.
Can the 2010/11 be deferred on the basis that the client could quite easily have an employment by 6 April 2013, thus enabling the collection by coding adjustment?
- Scratch Head 275 1
- Year end 215 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 300 13
- A little knowledge 132 4
- Clothing 599 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 135 6
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,262 18
- Parent and subsidiary... 166 5
- Identity check problem 1,495 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 94 1
- Capital allowances on Software 222 2
- Designated sole Residence 202 4
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 100 3
- Company director and KIT days 119 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,177 50
- Anybody still doing returns? 858 34
- Digita in the cloud 66 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 236 7
- IHT and US resident 126 2
- Tax relief when working away 79 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 957
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 682
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 628
- Latest phishing scam 605
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 442
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 329
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 260
- Sabbatical payments 221
- Negligible Value Claim 200
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 196