Client not made Employer return but PAYE/NIC is zero
A new client has set up a company, and in the first year their bookkeeper went down the dividend/salary route, and they paid a £20k dividend plus a £5k Salary, however they did not submit employer year end returns for the first year, they made no submission as they didnt think they had to as they were paying below the threshold and no paye/nic was due. In fact I dont think they registered with HMRC as an employer until year 2.
They have now registered as an employer, the only employee is the director.
Where they hadnt registered they did not recieve the filing reminders, Im trying to find out what the penaltys/fines will be with a zero liability.
Can anyone confirm.
Thanks in advance.
- Ltd company or sole trader 52 2
- Fee protection 93 2
- deductions for OMB companies 163 2
- Insolvent Liquidation 106 1
- insolvency ip control 156 1
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 299 3
- Free Agent data? 90 1
- Generic PAYE notices 73 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 124 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 515 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 535 12
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 115 3
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 72 1
- UK company avoiding tax 185 2
- Finland 76 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 962 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 168 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 505 8
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,200 40
- reconcile Invoice finance bank statement on sage 106 1
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- South African Government Pension 136