Client not made Employer return but PAYE/NIC is zero
A new client has set up a company, and in the first year their bookkeeper went down the dividend/salary route, and they paid a £20k dividend plus a £5k Salary, however they did not submit employer year end returns for the first year, they made no submission as they didnt think they had to as they were paying below the threshold and no paye/nic was due. In fact I dont think they registered with HMRC as an employer until year 2.
They have now registered as an employer, the only employee is the director.
Where they hadnt registered they did not recieve the filing reminders, Im trying to find out what the penaltys/fines will be with a zero liability.
Can anyone confirm.
Thanks in advance.
- Assets requested back from supplier ? 288 4
- What is your favourite font? 372 11
- Opening Balances with very little info... 70 1
- CGT on Let Property 351 7
- When to register or not for PAYE 297 4
- Strike off 218 7
- Franchise affiliations 106 1
- Company investment 154 4
- Disclosure of 2014 corporation tax refund in 2015 accounts 89 1
- Gift to son by parents 343 3
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,200 35
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 155 4
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 459 7
- New CASC rules 153 2
- Autoenrolment and variable earnings 275 2
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 148 4
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 253 6
- valuation of vehicles 533 20
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 133 1
- RTI Mess 611 10
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 339
- Any thoughts on Capium? 291
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 270
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 255
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 240
- auto enrolment 217
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 198
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 191
- How to account for investment in JV? 175
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 167