Client not made Employer return but PAYE/NIC is zero
A new client has set up a company, and in the first year their bookkeeper went down the dividend/salary route, and they paid a £20k dividend plus a £5k Salary, however they did not submit employer year end returns for the first year, they made no submission as they didnt think they had to as they were paying below the threshold and no paye/nic was due. In fact I dont think they registered with HMRC as an employer until year 2.
They have now registered as an employer, the only employee is the director.
Where they hadnt registered they did not recieve the filing reminders, Im trying to find out what the penaltys/fines will be with a zero liability.
Can anyone confirm.
Thanks in advance.
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 480 11
- P11D Query 190 6
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 417 12
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 188 2
- Time limit 86 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 65 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,499 388
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 140 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 252 13
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 187 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,276 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 567 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 276 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,295 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 151 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 187 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 120 1
- Scottish but not UK 342 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 301 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 269 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 434
- National Insurance 334
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 330
- Non Resident 255
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 253
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 251
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 159
- Hands on experience of Digita 156