Client not made Employer return but PAYE/NIC is zero
A new client has set up a company, and in the first year their bookkeeper went down the dividend/salary route, and they paid a £20k dividend plus a £5k Salary, however they did not submit employer year end returns for the first year, they made no submission as they didnt think they had to as they were paying below the threshold and no paye/nic was due. In fact I dont think they registered with HMRC as an employer until year 2.
They have now registered as an employer, the only employee is the director.
Where they hadnt registered they did not recieve the filing reminders, Im trying to find out what the penaltys/fines will be with a zero liability.
Can anyone confirm.
Thanks in advance.
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 221 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 521 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 442 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 61 3
- Time recording 89 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 250 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 103 2
- Land Registry 265 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 957 13
- Auto Enrolment 665 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 799 19
- Company Number 10000000 367 4
- Advertising Tips? 304 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,514 29
- IR35 361 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 415 12
- Revenue phishing examples 237 1
- iris update 11.9.2 208 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- 2015 tax year end 541 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 733
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 432
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 366
- Directors' advances and credits 283
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 233
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195