Client not made Employer return but PAYE/NIC is zero
A new client has set up a company, and in the first year their bookkeeper went down the dividend/salary route, and they paid a £20k dividend plus a £5k Salary, however they did not submit employer year end returns for the first year, they made no submission as they didnt think they had to as they were paying below the threshold and no paye/nic was due. In fact I dont think they registered with HMRC as an employer until year 2.
They have now registered as an employer, the only employee is the director.
Where they hadnt registered they did not recieve the filing reminders, Im trying to find out what the penaltys/fines will be with a zero liability.
Can anyone confirm.
Thanks in advance.
- Gift aid procedure please? 108 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 34 1
- last minute request 152 3
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 96 2
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 73 1
- Cash gift from India 474 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 58 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 389 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 67 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 220 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,129 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 642 6
- Overseas workday relief 141 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 283 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 659 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 101 1
- MVL 254 4
- Disengagement Help! 1,502 22
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 123 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 733 11