Client not made Employer return but PAYE/NIC is zero
A new client has set up a company, and in the first year their bookkeeper went down the dividend/salary route, and they paid a £20k dividend plus a £5k Salary, however they did not submit employer year end returns for the first year, they made no submission as they didnt think they had to as they were paying below the threshold and no paye/nic was due. In fact I dont think they registered with HMRC as an employer until year 2.
They have now registered as an employer, the only employee is the director.
Where they hadnt registered they did not recieve the filing reminders, Im trying to find out what the penaltys/fines will be with a zero liability.
Can anyone confirm.
Thanks in advance.
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,695 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 84 1
- Accounts Software 147 5
- HMRC Agents Line 206 4
- calculation DTR restriction 87 1
- Company Director In Prison 457 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 79 1
- AWeb - download file 175 3
- Charity work 243 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 260 6
- Director Drawings 177 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 270 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 234 7
- Collection or business assets 116 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 273 8
- Tax position re this lease? 372 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 732 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 108 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,675 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 93 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 679
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 521
- Cancelled 428
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203