Client not made Employer return but PAYE/NIC is zero
A new client has set up a company, and in the first year their bookkeeper went down the dividend/salary route, and they paid a £20k dividend plus a £5k Salary, however they did not submit employer year end returns for the first year, they made no submission as they didnt think they had to as they were paying below the threshold and no paye/nic was due. In fact I dont think they registered with HMRC as an employer until year 2.
They have now registered as an employer, the only employee is the director.
Where they hadnt registered they did not recieve the filing reminders, Im trying to find out what the penaltys/fines will be with a zero liability.
Can anyone confirm.
Thanks in advance.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 415 13
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 582 8
- VT accounts licence key 354 6
- Starting up in practice - safety net 382 9
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 468 10
- Opening balances Sage 50 27 1
- Flat rate vat 320 4
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 233 6
- Rental property company 176 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 168 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,470 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,199 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 400 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 311 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 287 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 408 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 229 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 217 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 166 2
- Director's tax return 429 8
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 832
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 575
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 449
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 302
- Director Loan account operation 284
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 270
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 184