Client not made Employer return but PAYE/NIC is zero
A new client has set up a company, and in the first year their bookkeeper went down the dividend/salary route, and they paid a £20k dividend plus a £5k Salary, however they did not submit employer year end returns for the first year, they made no submission as they didnt think they had to as they were paying below the threshold and no paye/nic was due. In fact I dont think they registered with HMRC as an employer until year 2.
They have now registered as an employer, the only employee is the director.
Where they hadnt registered they did not recieve the filing reminders, Im trying to find out what the penaltys/fines will be with a zero liability.
Can anyone confirm.
Thanks in advance.
- How to purchase business premises? 53 1
- Childcare vouchers 72 2
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 284 6
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 195 5
- VAT avoidance? 161 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 143 3
- PAYE coding out 126 3
- Follower cases 560 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 325 3
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 716 23
- LIVE chat, starting now 439 2
- Late Registration for VAT 432 12
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 393 5
- TheTax Donut 1,127 1
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 328 6
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 698 10
- How to explain this to someone 390 2
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 81 2
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 706 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 320 4
- Hive up 459
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 424
- corporate hierarchy 410
- Advice - 235
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 208
- Amortisation of Goodwill 200
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 191
- WWOOFers 185
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 168
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 167