Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 2,638 54
- Personal Allowance for non residents 367 9
- Vat 85 3
- PAYE 101 3
- xerocon 71 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,098 10
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 156 1
- VAT: option to tax 114 2
- IHT dilemma 301 11
- Share Valuation 67 2
- Dormant company or not? 320 13
- VAT - Land Related Services 97 1
- Best form of debt recovery 169 3
- Backdating VAT claim 54 1
- WIP recognition for builders 378 8
- Do I need to keep subscribing to CIMA post qualification? 314 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 197 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 124 2
- Share Issue 220 1
- Payment of Capital from and LLP and Corporate member 152 11
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 658
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 523
- Auto enrolment excuses 504
- Removed post 372
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 349
- Social investment tax relief 162
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 156
- Call Centre Data Costs 156
- Digita Hosted Software 141
- option to tax 127