Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- Reverse charge - do you always book it? 85 1
- VAT - time of supply 21 1
- Unclaimed amortisation of goodwill 176 3
- Let Property Campaign & DO2 87 1
- Regaining my qualification 272 3
- Scoot 237 5
- Remittances 119 1
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 114 1
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 206 1
- Shareholder agreement 201 4
- Corporation tax due date confusion 131 2
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,509 21
- Accountants' Error 778 16
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 172 5
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 174 3
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 171 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 235 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 672 11
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 127 1
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 254 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,461
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 778
- Any views 706
- HMRC Employers Diary 527
- International interest certificate 428
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 397
- Sale of business 360
- NOVA 264
- Advertising services? 262
- IRIS Open Books problem 255