Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 117 7
- payroll software 386 4
- client threatening legal action 2,109 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 138 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 152 1
- Instant CPD offer 292 4
- Cash basis 534 13
- Income from rent charged to business 156 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 453 5
- Statutory sick pay 320 4
- Dividend in specie 374 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 228 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 184 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 149 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 278 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 299 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 179 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 419 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,863 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 341 3
- Skandia using wrong address 584
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 311
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 310
- Employee rewards 292
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 261
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 232
- Etax Australian 191
- LLP in Construction Industry 158
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 135