Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 311 6
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 871 24
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 224 2
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 285 7
- Capital Gain? 421 11
- IHT Query 95 2
- Reversing out RTI 148 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 299 9
- Gift or Capital Gain? 309 8
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 277 6
- BrightPay 622 18
- Classic cars investment 246 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 245 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 327 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 358 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 275 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 281 2
- H&W company 264 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 217 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 178 2
- Benchmarking 498
- Possible Partnership? 445
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 418
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 416
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 362
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 217
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 213
- Clubs and Taxable Income 205
- Income tax on foreign dividends 196
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 190