Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,719 14
- CT600 for the first time 169 7
- Moneysoft - Car Benefits 109 2
- SDLT - transfer of land into newco 50 2
- Share restructure 375 15
- Laptop purchase 997 18
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 58 2
- RTI and bank holiday Friday 146 3
- Childcare Vouchers 87 1
- Elective DeductionsModel 128 3
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,014 23
- Company petition 64 1
- Belated VAT Exception Application 187 6
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 557 13
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 327 7
- Agent with HMRC 197 9
- Propert purchase, renovation then rented out and VAT 68 1
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 565 9
- Sage Payroll 118 4
- VAT query 162 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 746
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 510
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 378
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 354
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 270
- VAT on Gaming Machines 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 209
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 202
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 187
- Director Loan account operation 173