Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 124 2
- What would you do in this situation? 646 14
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,057 31
- Dress code 453 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 499 16
- Project being run jointly 202 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 308 4
- Companies House 602 9
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 135 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 355 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 732 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,442 25
- Help Required 415 10
- directors control and tax problems 296 5
- Fastest Software 806 13
- What's in a name ? 390 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 305 4
- Bulk Invoicing 191 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 183 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 264 2
- CTA study material 713
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 435
- Employment related securities question 274
- AIM Stocks and IHT 252
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 238
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 221
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 212
- Expat pension contributions? 200
- Trust for Employee 197
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 172