Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 217 2
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 44 1
- Starting new accounting business 310 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 146 4
- error on companies house accounts 742 18
- RTI penalties 101 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 519 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 157 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 311 5
- US Sales Tax 113 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 368 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 200 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 152 1
- Group Relief 131 4
- R&D Credits 105 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 254 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 136 2
- Clients 684 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 336 4
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 469 10
- QROP pension input amounts 501
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 482
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 445
- EPS and CIS deductions 299
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 291
- Construction CIS LLP Company 285
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 250
- SAGE winforecast 205
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 187
- Overdrawn director account 174