Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- Cocaine anyone? 895 15
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 257 5
- Vat on new builds 61 1
- Using home as clients registered address 236 5
- VAT MOSS registration 97 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 470 15
- How much does the company pay 821 35
- Which tax returns can I submit? 167 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 456 10
- Proof of identification 131 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 157 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 124 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 308 5
- Childcare vouchers 373 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 103 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 97 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 91 1
- two business from one premises 196 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 74 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 377 4
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 514
- corporate hierarchy 479
- Advice - 331
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 279
- WWOOFers 267
- The booking.com con 255
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 253
- Cocaine anyone? 237
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 230
- UK State pension paid in NZ 180