Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 249 3
- Industrial & Provident Societies 367 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,312 47
- Self assesment losses 349 9
- Payroll Software Recommendations 37 1
- Disposal of an opted property 201 3
- Fee protection 972 19
- Payroll systems 433 8
- View on Absolute Accounts Integrated vs PTP vs IRIS 188 3
- dividend 276 12
- overdrawn directors loan 290 6
- Irish Taxation 176 6
- Employee becoming shareholder - can salary be reduced with compensating dividends? 72 1
- Incorporation and goodwill 128 2
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 203 3
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 285 4
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 148 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 466 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 169 3
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 171 5
- Xtuple 568
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 344
- Domain name sale and limited company 240
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 215
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 213
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 185
- Tax on damages received 184
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 142