Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- The importance of Grammar 667 20
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 711 16
- VAT - How hard is it? 85 3
- Fees for successfully defending a COP9 enquiry 336 12
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,486 53
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 74 1
- Is this dodgy? 706 17
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 125 5
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 1,253 15
- Capital Allowances on new property 98 5
- Trustees waiving dividend 67 1
- Directors loan balance write off in period 429 21
- Education - Pre made assembly! 194 2
- Childcare 218 3
- VAT Reverse Charge Accounting 181 4
- Entrepreneur Relief - inter company shares 149 2
- Sole Trader 304 6
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 490 7
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 440 19
- Freelance Accounting link 223 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 354
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 289
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 273
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 273
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 260
- Electric Car 218
- S222 Charge 197
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 190
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 187
- Company Structure 168