Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- Late leaver notification 396 8
- What does PITA mean? 867 22
- Any printer recommendations? 224 7
- PAYE & NIC 308 22
- Corporation Tax disallowed entertaining 273 5
- Interim dividends 226 6
- How do I tackle fraudulent use of a clients SA tax return? 1,120 7
- proposed dividends 707 23
- Business loan not in client's name 128 1
- Car fuel benefit - changing basis 176 2
- VAT on Exhibition services 162 4
- Company Payroll 217 2
- Dates, more dates and cessation 137 2
- Out of date tax returns 294 2
- Filling in my self assessment 1,000 17
- ACCA CPD verifiable units 196 2
- Any chance of winning an Appeal with HRMC for late self assessment charges 390 7
- Deductible or not ? Working out of hotels /coffee shops 489 6
- FPS responses ... 559 16
- Nominal Codes 302 9
- Sanzar 502
- Digital marketing focus group 402
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 382
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 343
- Sainsbury's mangement 338
- Continuity Agreement 331
- Avanti Accounts 330
- Buyback 289
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 237
- Aggresive sales from Iris 211