Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 110 2
- flat rate scheme 1,911 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 253 2
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 119 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 630 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 127 3
- Company Share Buy Back 123 2
- Charitable Payment 206 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 925 15
- Unpaid share capital 256 3
- Company car in the LLP 185 2
- Physiotherapy 340 4
- New build property to be rented 176 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,885 52
- Hello 361 2
- Sage 200 question 120 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 113 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 190 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 190 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 223 4