Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,661 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 284 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,550 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 65 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 208 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 219 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 811 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 97 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,296 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 116 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 492 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 367 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 494 20
- trading losses allowable? 758 14
- Post AAT? 689 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 142 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2