Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- Director or self-employed 267 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,355 25
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 577 17
- Anybody still doing returns? 986 37
- BVI registered 170 4
- Closing a limited company 387 6
- Self assessment for directors 162 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 274 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,614 17
- A little knowledge 389 6
- Digita in the cloud 164 2
- Tax relief when working away 86 1
- Tax relief when working away 194 3
- Designated sole Residence 252 5
- Scratch Head 356 1
- Year end 274 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 329 13
- Clothing 647 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 176 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 207 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 966
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 689
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 632
- Latest phishing scam 613
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 454
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 334
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 268
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 234
- Sabbatical payments 227
- Negligible Value Claim 209