Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,194 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,326 21
- CIS and Close Company 121 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 301 1
- VAT Option to tax 470 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 172 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 198 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 130 2
- Director leaving in month 1 153 2
- Ex Gratia payments 90 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 286 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 171 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 196 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 190 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 178 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 55 1
- EIS - connection through employment 96 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 251 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 64 1
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 233 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 911
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 641
- Free Tax Legislation? 406
- Director Loan account operation 402
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 340
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 319
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 225
- Paye procedures for CVA 221
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 188
- Pension Fixed Protection 163