Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- Setting up a practice 147 3
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 618 17
- Stamp Duty 278 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 218 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,761 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 446 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 162 1
- Love is in the air 408 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 250 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,009 46
- Very large share capital by mistake 321 3
- Client Paperwork Retention? 548 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 559 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 324 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 344 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 379 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 431 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 447 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 275 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 526 1
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 281
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 274
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 236
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 212
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 193