Just some thoughts wanted.
I called a client & asked him if he had his books & records ready (sent him a usual questionnaire previously) to my surprise he replied "no need I have done them" "What do you mean, done them." He replied with "well I submitted them online myself - so I don't need you." Ok I wished him the best of luck and if he needed an accountant in the future then please get back to me.
I decided out of curiosity to take a look at the return online. I noticed he had used my details as agent and requested a tax rebate circa £1000. Now I know he has not included all expenditure unless it changed hugely from last year! However it's the using my details that annoys me. It looks as though he has nominated for the repayment to come to my client account!
Two points - What do you think..
1. I'm going to charge him for processing the tax rebate say £50.00 if it hits my account.
2. I do not support his figures - should I inform HMRC that I am not his agent and request he amends the return or is it a little childish!!
The fee was only around £250 per year but hey it’s the little things in life that wind us up! I BET HE WILL CALL WHEN HE NEEDS TO RENEW HIS TAX CREDITS!
He will get a reply then..
- IHT and Swiss Property 101 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 756 30
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 171 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 121 7
- General tax book with planning 90 1
- Gift of property & improvements 74 1
- VAT Invoice 49 2
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 232 10
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 115 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 409 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 333 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 232 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 151 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 248 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 147 4
- SA302's anyone?? 515 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,621 41
- Renting for military reasons 170 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,560 18
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,042 18
- Skandia using wrong address 1,616
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 896
- International interest certificate 508
- NOVA 367
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 288
- Management expenses for investment company 261
- Bonus Bonds 259
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 170
- tax on apprenticeship income 166
- P11D benefit received by widow 147