Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 847 23
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 236 6
- SA302 185 3
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 104 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,060 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 256 2
- Dental practice incorpration 118 1
- Audit rules 154 4
- Go Cardless 267 8
- business entertaining deductibility 133 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 153 2
- R & D 105 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 83 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 111 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 170 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 159 1
- New Business Registration 220 5
- Hosted email exchange 137 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 153 1
- G P life time allowance 125 3
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 281
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Mehjoo 221
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 218
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 159
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 151