Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- The importance of Grammar 1,281 37
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 101 3
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,341 37
- Profit split from an investment property 132 5
- VAT - How hard is it? 691 25
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 84 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 262 6
- tax saving on card points 227 6
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 906 14
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 249 9
- Scissors 859 24
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 431 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 442 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 231 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 116 2
- Xero Pain Points 496 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 336 8
- VAT and Groups 83 2
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,948 13
- VAT & Offshore Companies 223 7
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 369
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 321
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 305
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 294
- Electric Car 248
- S222 Charge 217
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 213
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 200
- Company Structure 193
- VAT and customer entertaining 175