Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 166 6
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 874 19
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 450 9
- Can I become a self employed bookkeeper?? 132 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 167 7
- tagging in Iris accounts production for non standard item 102 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 85 1
- Auto-Enrolment 2,847 155
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 99 1
- 'Find an accountant' 190 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 96 1
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 79 1
- Depreciation on property improvements 104 1
- Construction Industry Funding 108 5
- CGT advice on amicable divorce settlement 95 1
- How important are Journals? 328 9
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 720 15
- Company trading loss relief 271 4
- National Insurance 602 1
- Social Worker limited Co 128 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 490
- Skandia using wrong address 433
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 378
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 265
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 236
- Employee rewards 227
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 206
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 180
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 179