Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,403 63
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 343 12
- Tax Penalty overeaction 586 11
- calculate mortgage interest 132 1
- Auto enrolment 1,646 27
- AIA 213 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 593 27
- Depreciation 172 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 146 3
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 230 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 189 3
- client can't/won't pay 464 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 211 6
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 259 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 273 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,196 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 285 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 231 5
- HMRC SA software error? 197 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 182 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 797
- Copy Wanted 507
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 465
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 458
- Latest phishing scam 296
- Entrepreneurs' relief 284
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 277
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 259
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 246
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 245