Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- Limited company buying a car 152 4
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 278 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 458 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 555 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 186 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 286 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 116 2
- ACCA practice certificates 495 5
- Limited company buying director's car 292 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 81 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 108 1
- WC's and capital allowances 174 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 311 13
- Dress code 1,547 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 482 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 260 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 380 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 473 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 195 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 114 3
- CTA study material 769
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 481
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 398
- Employment related securities question 308
- AIM Stocks and IHT 280
- Expat pension contributions? 257
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 257
- Trust for Employee 237
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 183
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 147