Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- Do I need a smartphone? 291 10
- OVERDRAWN DIRECTORS LOAN ACCOUNT!! 32 1
- Terminal / cessation loss relief against rental income 54 3
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 507 10
- P11D with no S336 - Code Change ? 32 1
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 239 3
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 455 6
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 52 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 161 3
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,795 13
- Deduction from Salary 761 21
- Company struck off 221 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,415 53
- Opening Balances 282 6
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 284 6
- Employment Allowance 405 7
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 361 12
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 380 9
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 286 1
- West Bromich Albion 372 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 649
- Cancelled 405
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 347
- How not to compose an email 332
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 328
- Probiz 313
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 295
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 226
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 203