Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- rental property, pre letting costs 199 8
- Looking to move my email from PC to cloud 210 6
- Taxation of Redeemable Preference Share Dividends 43 1
- letter of reference 233 4
- Staff 251 4
- Software for Accounts layout 415 8
- Income prior to company formation 375 10
- VAT on farm machinery sold 372 7
- Non-resident company director 124 2
- are we that stupid 994 21
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 748 13
- Can this be done? 212 1
- Capital Allowance & AIA 147 1
- Foster Care 159 1
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 361 5
- Flexible report structure in cloud accounting 115 1
- Self Assessment penalties again 322 3
- Flat Management Company 227 1
- Share structure questions - close company 204 2
- Roll old capital gain into current one or declare separately? 190 4
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 331
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 291
- French ConnectionUK 272
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 254
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 218
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 218
- CentreCRM - anybody using it? 165
- E-mailing customer invoices in VT Transaction+ 158
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 156
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 149