Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- Where has Portia gone? 1,319 59
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,642 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 501 16
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 270 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 74 4
- VAT on commercial property 83 3
- Rogue Accountant 2,979 49
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 221 4
- deceased creditor 141 5
- Corporate member of LLP 267 1
- Investment company 259 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 324 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 203 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 363 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 94 1
- Transfer of stock 358 12
- Holiday entitlement 545 10
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 341 7
- HMRC manual ESSM 192 1
- Extension of lease in flat management company 250 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 779
- RTI - duplicate employee record 527
- Pensions Regulator 443
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 401
- Sage Vat return box 2 302
- Sanzar 301
- Digital marketing focus group 282
- How do you do it 270
- Report old income 235
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 235