Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,903 42
- 64-8's amazingly quick 112 4
- Xerocon 2016 869 16
- last minute request 381 5
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 281 3
- Personal Tax 319 9
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,216 46
- Practical experience 880 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 259 2
- Mortgage Reference 244 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 190 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 447 9
- VAT 313 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 262 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 239 1
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 85 1
- Cash gift from India 517 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 90 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 505 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 163 2