Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- Authorised share capital 64 4
- PAYE 592 13
- Can a once active Limited company become dormant? 57 2
- Gifts from limited companies 39 1
- RTI overpayments gap 179 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief 443 18
- international employer please help!! 147 4
- Capital gain? 248 6
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 267 1
- RTI - Petition to move filing to 19th of month 165 1
- accounting for this transaction 387 4
- Sage payroll alternatives 504 10
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 215 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,472 26
- CGT 360 15
- Substantial shareholding exemption and foreign subsidiaries 61 1
- CGT 201 3
- Gift Aid 225 5
- do i have to register new ltd practice as tax agent? 258 3
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 256 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,104
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 784
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 470
- Digita Hosted Software 284
- Call Centre Data Costs 254
- Credit where credit's due....... 234
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 214
- Director phone costs 182
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 156
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 148