Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,660 435
- Cash injection by shareholder 276 7
- Fees for Property Tax Return 115 3
- capital gains on PPR 148 7
- Separating business for VAT purposes 58 1
- 40% rule for travel expenses 342 9
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,238 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 328 6
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 262 8
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 410 20
- 100% Xero practice 2,396 43
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 346 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 290 8
- PRR 328 12
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 229 3
- corp tax software 386 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 459 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 485 7
- Which tax box 211 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 186 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,308
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 471
- National Insurance 365
- Non Resident 290
- Franchise income and costs 259
- Hands on experience of Digita 212
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 177
- Employer's Helpline 161
- employment capital allowances 156
- CIS paid under reg 9 149