Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- Coming in from the cold 308 3
- Splitting the tax year 152 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 184 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 163 4
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 147 2
- Submitting tax return 113 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 208 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 256 8
- Director's tax return 331 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 112 1
- Sage Payroll 313 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 208 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,068 33
- vat return 262 3
- Flat rate vat 156 1
- Value pricing 732 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 166 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 242 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 293 4
- Reregister for VAT 165 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 304
- Free Tax Legislation? 274
- Director Loan account operation 255
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 252
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 246
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 169