Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,600 33
- Accountant software 271 7
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 426 7
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 53 1
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 406 13
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 217 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,861 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 47 1
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 94 1
- Renting property to yourself 295 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 380 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 93 4
- register as self employed? 111 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 127 1
- VAT enquiry 78 1
- Write off of former director's loan 217 4
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 248 4
- Capital gain or not? 136 3
- EC VAT 159 5
- Forecasting Software 205 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 634
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 483
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 450
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 275
- How to format a stock book 229
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 194
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 182
- Tax efficient holding company structure 171
- Investment property company accounts template 159
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 150