Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 99 1
- Registration as self-employed 34 1
- BrightPay 1,079 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 469 7
- Regular Director bonus 399 10
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 259 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,048 17
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 888 13
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 593 14
- BIK for an electric car 146 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,608 90
- Corporation Tax Software 361 10
- How do I save face? 2,262 14
- Goodie bag 3,039 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 105 1
- How many associated companies 183 2
- Signed accounts for a lender 444 17
- can I approach clients ? 930 11
- Secure document exchange 588 6
- New Agency rules - who's responsible? 175 2
- Possible Partnership? 680
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 532
- Fuming! 501
- New Fangled Penalties 465
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 329
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 271
- Moving away from CCH software 261
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 251
- Outsource Data Entry 250
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 204