Clients confusing Annual Return with Annual Accounts
An area I need to change as a matter of urgency is clients confusion on Annual Return reminders from Companies House with annual accounts filing.
This happens often. I get an email/text/call from clients saying I should call urgently and explain why their accounts have not been filed. They tend to be clients with newly incorporated companies.
I would be grateful for pointers on:
1) Do you file AR for clients of do you leave this to clients? I leave this to clients, unless I am asked to file the return.
2) How do you make sure clients are educated in this area? A template email? Or is it best just to file the return to avoid all the headache?
3) Do you cover the AR filing fee +Admin fee as part of your monthly fees?
How can I improve on this area? It is nothing major but from clients' perspective it is a huge deal.
- Self-assessment statistics 2,465 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 205 5
- Transmission of ISA 47 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 175 2
- Next Move 711 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 171 2
- Not renewing AAT 671 9
- CGT of shares gifted 381 6
- New dividend taxation 488 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,795 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 151 1
- Company car v company allowance 278 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 437 9
- Company formation and bank account 433 9
- Owning overseas property 340 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 290 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 272 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 710 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 726 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 277 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 667
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 409
- Property letting & CAs 398
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 395
- 2015 tax year end 395
- FCA regulated company in a small group 347
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 320
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 241
- DTA tie-breaker issue 211
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 204