Clients disappearing from our HMRC online client list - anyone else experience this?
Has anyone else experienced situations where a 64-8 has been submitted, the client actually DOES make it onto the HMRC agent client list, stays there for a few years, then suddenly for no reason and without explanation is removed?
It seems to happen to us fairly regularly ... maybe once a month we end up completing new forms 64-8 to get the agent status reinstated.
We have just noticed it with a client today (corporation tax) and on phoning HMRC they won't speak to us as they say we aren't agents! We have explained that we are and have definitely been viewing the client's details online for years. They deny this and say we have to submit a new 64-8 and if we want to we can make a complaint.
- P11d query 261 4
- Rental expenses 48 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 130 5
- What are my legal responsibilities 341 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 83 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 336 4
- No more tax returns... 1,539 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 420 6
- Signed accounts for bank 282 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 476 10
- Landing clients 416 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,151 22
- Termination Payment 203 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 212 3
- CRM / marketing 108 2
- Allocation of income from property 757 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,885 28
- Opening a Quick books file 134 1
- 64-8 problems 522 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 350 10