Clients disappearing from our HMRC online client list - anyone else experience this?
Has anyone else experienced situations where a 64-8 has been submitted, the client actually DOES make it onto the HMRC agent client list, stays there for a few years, then suddenly for no reason and without explanation is removed?
It seems to happen to us fairly regularly ... maybe once a month we end up completing new forms 64-8 to get the agent status reinstated.
We have just noticed it with a client today (corporation tax) and on phoning HMRC they won't speak to us as they say we aren't agents! We have explained that we are and have definitely been viewing the client's details online for years. They deny this and say we have to submit a new 64-8 and if we want to we can make a complaint.
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,141 21
- Exemption from CGT 309 3
- Do I need to register for VAT 51 6
- Amend a 2010/11 return 209 2
- Owner director gym membership 79 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,417 34
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 233 2
- Capital Gains 208 2
- VAT - Check on clients business 666 27
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 112 2
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 235 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,167 22
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 456 6
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,421 30
- Bankstream 842 20
- Compare 2 lists 1,688 30
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 222 2
- UK tax on sale of Italian shares 228 3
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 156 1
- How to deal with prior year error 238 2