Clients - don't you just love them!
Just had a call from a client. He asked what I was referring to when I spoke with his wife earlier in the day about the monthly CIS returns. "I don't do anything monthly" he says, but I pay the tax once a quarter...
Heart failure at this end of the phone. He has been a client for 10 years. So I explained what the monthly return was, and how I thought he had been posting them off every month since they were introduced was it 4 years ago - total blank - "no, I haven't done anything like that..."
So we arrange a meeting for tomorrow to work out what to do next - winding up the company may be top of the agenda if there are 4 years of penalties to face. I can't understand how he has never received a penalty notice when I have been declaring the total cis tax on each of the last few years' P35s. All a total mystery.
Then half an hour later, he rings me back - "Oh you mean the MONTHLY returns that I send off on the 5th of each month." - well, yes, that is what I had been trying to explain - "Of course I do those. I didn't realise that is what you meant". Just wondering how many monthly returns he does and which one he thought I was referring to...
So everyone is happy again and off we go.
It's lucky he is a really nice client! But he is a builder and not an accountant....
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 203 7
- Form 17 Download 37 1
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,315 31
- Claiming VAT on car lease 519 28
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 122 3
- Small hotel - food for personal use 352 4
- HMRC Information notice 971 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 253 3
- Accountant Specialization. 352 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 195 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 132 1
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,722 42
- Sage Line 50 158 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 145 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 416 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 386 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 154 1
- Freelance/Employee 694 17
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 187 2
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 137 1
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 750
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 410
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 297
- S222 Charge 242
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 198
- IP trans to holding company 192
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 177
- AIA 171
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 171