Clients - don't you just love them!
Just had a call from a client. He asked what I was referring to when I spoke with his wife earlier in the day about the monthly CIS returns. "I don't do anything monthly" he says, but I pay the tax once a quarter...
Heart failure at this end of the phone. He has been a client for 10 years. So I explained what the monthly return was, and how I thought he had been posting them off every month since they were introduced was it 4 years ago - total blank - "no, I haven't done anything like that..."
So we arrange a meeting for tomorrow to work out what to do next - winding up the company may be top of the agenda if there are 4 years of penalties to face. I can't understand how he has never received a penalty notice when I have been declaring the total cis tax on each of the last few years' P35s. All a total mystery.
Then half an hour later, he rings me back - "Oh you mean the MONTHLY returns that I send off on the 5th of each month." - well, yes, that is what I had been trying to explain - "Of course I do those. I didn't realise that is what you meant". Just wondering how many monthly returns he does and which one he thought I was referring to...
So everyone is happy again and off we go.
It's lucky he is a really nice client! But he is a builder and not an accountant....
- CGT and 2nd property 627 13
- New Boiler at Rental Property 407 5
- Deferred Tax 148 7
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 804 22
- Changed Company Year End - CT Penalty 172 8
- Do you lose losses on cessation 84 3
- SA800 Returns 78 2
- Depreciation 359 8
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 91 2
- Knuckle down one week to go! 324 7
- state pension statement 155 6
- Bookkeeping question 450 4
- Entertaining - definition? 226 1
- Late payment payroll 98 1
- client can't/won't pay 724 16
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 323 1
- Split year treatment 88 4
- AIA 309 7
- Help - Capital Allowance 335 8
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 333 8
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 809
- Copy Wanted 519
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 478
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 465
- Latest phishing scam 312
- Entrepreneurs' relief 293
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 261
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 261
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 254
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 161